• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mobile Video Ads A/B Test II Feedback

@Katesha, just so i'm clear, when you refer to a Forge Plus Package, what are you referring to? Any diamond packages or a special Counselor Package? I have personally spent thousands of pounds on both mobile (iOS) and browser but never anything other than diamonds.

Thanks for your help.
Dear Inno

I can understand the need to do what you're doing, I am a business owner and entrepreneur myself. To be able to increase sales is the only way to keep your shareholders happy. There are several ways to do this other than having your already loyal spending customers forced to spend more on a monthly subscription. There can be ways for you to ask to buy packages to decrease attrition in GbG, special buildings that can help with buildings (whatever you think to build) with the purchase of diamonds (can only be upgraded with diamonds ONLY). There are ultimately other ways of obtaining an increase in sales other than to force the purchase of a monthly subscription. Let me be CRYSTAL CLEAR here, I am happy to publish how much I have spent for the whole FOE Community to see. I will post screens of my credit card receipts to show in the past 3 years I have spent more than £20,000 with your game. I will delete this city in a heart beat if you go forward with forced ads. Doing what you're doing to non spending players is understandable not for your already spending customers. I will keep this from getting emotional. You've had my response and await your response.

I am not sure if I understand this correctly... Where will adds be shown, or more precisely what will trigger them and how frequent?

Pocket DBA

Private
Bad idea. Economic crisis going on and all Inno cares about is getting more money by making us pay to not watch ads. A lot of games and services have a one time no ads payment. Inno’s idea is repeated no ad payments, the ambassador package. In terms of PR the mobile video ads was is and always will be a bad idea, doing nothing other than harm the relationship between Inno and the players (imho, some are bound to disagree)

I’m debating the effort to make a cardboard cutout the size of a screen with a little corner removed so i press for the add, I put the cutout in the way so I don’t watch anything, and wait for the dismiss X to appear. I get all the benefits, I pay nothing I watch nothing.

What’s the point of an advert people won’t watch, what’s the point of Inno going down the path of annoying their player base and trying to get more money from people who have less and less to spend because of the poor economy.

Inno show some sympathy, have a heart, listen to the bulk of the negative feedback and remove mobile adds. If you don’t you might just annoy the player base enough to lose a good portion of it

Well, guess what??. I've been able to save my hard-earned Cash, by not spending it here on Forge of Adverts (FoE). Looking for another game not owned by "Inno" to perhaps spend a little. FoE unless you remove these stupid sponsored Ad's you won't be getting one cent from me.

RumbleButt

Private
I am deeply disappointed with the addition of ads to my iPad. Each time I play FoE I have one main account that I throw a considerable amount of money at. I am happy to support the game financially. Having no ads because I was a supporter was a nice nod to acknowledge that. It felt good. Now it feels like a grubby money grabbing exercise. This is a sad development. I will now take some time to consider whether to support the game financially or at all.
I WOULD be disappointed with the onset of Ad's but I can't find a single one lol,,,, so for now I'm happy enough

Hey everyone, we are moving forward with the next phase of Video Ads. For more information, please read this post and then share your feedback below!
Bad idea?. I'm sure when you people sit around a Conference Meeting to discuss the impact this will have. The amount of negative comments and adverse reactions you'd receive, is starting to grow with discontent. You guys should have run a survey, NOT introduce this into the game. Once members leave this game of FoE, it's not easy to have them return. Honestly, I think you guys have really stuffed this one up.

Mennolly

Private
How about adding a dislike button to the main page. You only have like, are you even listening to the feedback or doing a PR stunt of asking for it and then ignoring any negative feedback (most of it)
Going by Inno's past record, they will ignore all negative feedback and continue to do what they want. These ads are a huge mistake and if Inno actually read the feedback, they would already be looking at another way. A small paid once off subscription to remove ads permanently as other mobile apps do is a better way to increase revenue and keep loyal customers.

Bob2965

Private
Wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t the same stupid ads over and over again. If I didn’t load the game the first umpteen times why am I ever going to do it? More likely just to stop bothering.

Zzzzzzz...

Private
So I just had a video ad to accelerate build time in the settlement, and was stupid enough to click it...
I sat through the full advert, only to be "rewarded" by a message that the build time for this building cannot be accelerated, and that this was "Good to know" .

Actually, that's not even a little bit "Good to know" ... If you subject players to this level of advertising, you REALLY should not take the p#ss on top.

blank the faithful

FoE Team
Senior Ingame Moderator
As THIS LINK shows us that this feature has been tested and that by watching ads you can take time off building construction time, it may be a good thing. Any advantage is helpful.

Pocket DBA

Private
As THIS LINK shows us that this feature has been tested and that by watching ads you can take time off building construction time, it may be a good thing. Any advantage is helpful.

I think you missed the point, in the live world a user watched an ad and got, quoting their post, [ only to be "rewarded" by a message that the build time for this building cannot be accelerated, and that this was "Good to know" ] end quote. Clearly not tested enough, clearly not enough benefit.

I did debate making my cardboard cutout, in the end I decided to just not watch ads period. When in their ignorance Inno make it impossible to avoid the ads I’ll quit. I’ve played and still play games with ads features in them, Inno seem to hate their player base enough to put these ads triggers on anything and everything, and demand monthly payment to avoid ads. There other games and apps out there where you can disable ads for a SINGLE / ONE TIME fee.

Consider that Inno, stop demanding monthly payment and make it a one off, low cost fee inline with the current economic situation

Anyone that has already spent anything on your game should get the ads removed forever immediately, simple as that because compared to other games we've already paid enough for 100s of thousands of players to not have ads.
Free players can have ads because you don't earn anything from them which is fair enough but there should be a one time nominal payment to get rid of them for new or current free players on ALL platforms not just mobile.
People are having to cut down on everything due to the economy and your game gives an escape from this and you think making your game worse is going to make you money, really?
As for forge plus, well I really don't know what the hell you were thinking with the content and the price because it's lunacy.

Logged onto FORGE OF ADS this morning and this greeted me. New name FORGE OF ADS.

D3ED9B10-0953-44B7-A950-62A89371E745.jpeg

Ads now on quests.

For me the Ads are now on my Friends Tavern, The Minstrel, The Boosts, The Castle, The Incidents, The quests, and goodness knows what I’ll find tomorrow. They are almost on every part of the game and you have to watch not 1 but 3-4 ads per item. I was going to try and ignore them but Inno are now forcing me to watch the ads In order to play the game properly. This takes the enjoyment out of the game for me.

Very disappointed.

Last edited: