• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mini Challenges Feedback Thread

k0k0-gada

Private
having quest blow 15 blue tiles. and not having the blue color on the first game you play is not nice.
it is fully possible on random chance(if it is random indeed). but it just leaves bad taste in ones mouth...

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i have said it before, this game has changed now and should be renamed forge of bingo players empires
its all about events and rewards. they should put up a champions league table for who is the best at spending diamonds to get the rewards from events i think it would be a huge hit and boost diamond sales big time.
ps if you use this idea i want a % please : )

less events please less ge please and more focus on lettting people win there rewards from fighting that would make good for the lack of interest so many players have in fighting

Vesiger

Monarch
I have got to the eighth rival quest and thought I was doing well by managing to complete multiple quests on a single ticket - I can't imagine how anyone can have completed the whole thing already :O

Now admittedly I wasn't reading spoiler lists of forthcoming quests in advance, but there just isn't any way you can complete quests like 'spend a ticket' or 'buy extra moves' without using up at least one entry ticket, of which you only get a few per day... and, as mentioned already, it is entirely possible to get a requirement to pop titles of a certain colour that isn't even present on your current board, requiring at least one more ticket.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
You can get quite far if you hold 3/4 tickets collected and not used, leave the quests on one with a ticket uncollected. Think there's also one in the free prize line.

You also get some during rivals so provided you keep checking and collect if you've completed what's required for the quest and trigger the next one it's fairly possible to get quite far into the rival quests without using a load of extra tickets. I wouldn't say it's impossible either to complete without spending with a little prep from Monday onwards.

Vesiger

Monarch
You can get quite far if you hold 3/4 tickets collected and not used, leave the quests on one with a ticket uncollected. Think there's also one in the free prize line.
Yes, it took me a long time (during the last rival quest) to accidentally work that one out :)

You also get some during rivals so provided you keep checking and collect if you've completed what's required for the quest and trigger the next one it's fairly possible to get quite far into the rival quests without using a load of extra tickets. I wouldn't say it's impossible either to complete without spending with a little prep from Monday onwards.
The problem is that every two or three quests (at least so far) you get asked to do something that actively requires you to finish the current screen and start a new one, however clever you might be...

cnorton

Private
On Beta the Rival appeared at the start of each Guild Expedition during the Event. The announcement on the Support page says it should appear 3 times during the Event
Oh thanks ! Finally an answer that means something. Not like some trolls who need to respond yet have nothing to say. :) Thank you.

Vesiger

Monarch
The problem is that every two or three quests (at least so far) you get asked to do something that actively requires you to finish the current screen and start a new one, however clever you might be...
I've just hit another one - I have 18 moves left on my last (currently) remaining ticket, but my next quest is to 'spend a ticket', so I can't use any of those moves to complete any further quests!

Emberguard

Legend
I've just hit another one - I have 18 moves left on my last (currently) remaining ticket, but my next quest is to 'spend a ticket', so I can't use any of those moves to complete any further quests!

I just got buy extra turns 3 times..... spent the ticket and forgot all about the extra turns :lol:

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Its 100% imposible to complete without spending diamonds, its logic is agains the actual event, collect 3 x 4 star green chests, so where i would try and make a 25 x 6 star and get 10k points i now hae to collect 3 x 4 stars at 600 points each.
Why when it asks for a certain colour does that colour not appear on the board and you have to start a new board to get it.

for anyone who says they completed all 32 with no diamond spend I would say stop smoking the weed and making stories up

Sir K.

Private
Its 100% imposible to complete without spending diamonds, its logic is agains the actual event, collect 3 x 4 star green chests, so where i would try and make a 25 x 6 star and get 10k points i now hae to collect 3 x 4 stars at 600 points each.
Why when it asks for a certain colour does that colour not appear on the board and you have to start a new board to get it.

for anyone who says they completed all 32 with no diamond spend I would say stop smoking the weed and making stories up
It is actually 100% possible to finish the rival quest without spending diamonds. I just did on 3 worlds. Just lookup UBERnerds guide on YT, use his overview from the quests and it’s a piece of cake

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The personality types who stuck with this game (most of my guild is 6-9 year veterans) are people who like to complete things, maybe even have some OCD. We don't always come in first, but we show up and do our bit every day. The more things that you need to leave off and forget because it's not possible in the allotted time OR requires money to be competitive, the less satisfying it is to play.

Which leads to the question: If you can't be competitive, why play at all?

Rival in the wildlife event feels like extortion. What is satisfying about doing 20/40 quests and only getting half of a thing? It feels like a failure not an achievement. What's fun about showing up just to fail unless you use your credit card? The fun of overcoming challenges is for them to be possible with the tools at hand and reasonable skill/efficiency and investment of time on the part of the player.

And my idea of reasonable is not making a game into an 8 hour job on Tuesdays and Thursdays in order to remain competitive. God helps us when this QI is added to the mix if it also starts with battlegrounds on Thursdays. So the plan for 2024 is to alienate all working people? By stacking huge requirements onto Tuesdays with GE and Rivals, and on Thursdays with Battlegrounds and QI, plus whatever month long event is going on? Even retired people can't keep up that schedule, and I'm telling you, if people feel like it's not possible, why would they show up to do half a thing and play it in a lame way where they never complete anything? People will simply stop.

Morb

Private
The personality types who stuck with this game (most of my guild is 6-9 year veterans) are people who like to complete things, maybe even have some OCD. We don't always come in first, but we show up and do our bit every day. The more things that you need to leave off and forget because it's not possible in the allotted time OR requires money to be competitive, the less satisfying it is to play.

Which leads to the question: If you can't be competitive, why play at all?

Rival in the wildlife event feels like extortion. What is satisfying about doing 20/40 quests and only getting half of a thing? It feels like a failure not an achievement. What's fun about showing up just to fail unless you use your credit card? The fun of overcoming challenges is for them to be possible with the tools at hand and reasonable skill/efficiency and investment of time on the part of the player.

And my idea of reasonable is not making a game into an 8 hour job on Tuesdays and Thursdays in order to remain competitive. God helps us when this QI is added to the mix if it also starts with battlegrounds on Thursdays. So the plan for 2024 is to alienate all working people? By stacking huge requirements onto Tuesdays with GE and Rivals, and on Thursdays with Battlegrounds and QI, plus whatever month long event is going on? Even retired people can't keep up that schedule, and I'm telling you, if people feel like it's not possible, why would they show up to do half a thing and play it in a lame way where they never complete anything? People will simply stop.
My stats:
1st Rival: 40 hours to finish, 10 tickets used from main questline + 1 from event rewards
2nd Rival: 2 and a half hours (about 60 minutes screentime), used only regenerated tickets + tickets from Rival quests. All it took to reduce the amount of time and tickets spent was a piece of paper, where I wrote all the quests, so I could play 2-3 quests on one board.

When you complain about game being too challenging, time consuming, asking for easier tasks, you're disregarding a big part of player base, who will lose interest if the difficulty of the tasks will be reduced to a level where casual players can finish them. Even if that happens, skilled players will find a way how to abuse game mechanics to have an edge over casual players.
My point is - no matter how the game will change, those willing to do extra will always be better over casual players.
The problem with your mindset is that you want stuff for free just because. The game is perfectly balanced. It provides entertainment for casual and advanced players. It rewards those who are willing to go extra mile and take up a challenge.
Nobody will lower the hoop just because someone can't throw a basketball.

Morb

Private
I'm not sure 'doing extra' ought to consist of reading somebody else's cheat list of tasks posted on the Internet in advance :p
Nope, it's not. You are true. But it gives that extra edge over others, who are not able to finish certain tasks, for example, the Rival challenge. You actually proved my point - it's not hard to finish tasks, that are "hard", "made for failure", "made to milk players", if you spend extra 10 minutes to prepare. Thanks to players like Ubernerd, Mooingcat, Beta users and Famdom FOE wiki page, the bar of success is lowered to almost minimum.
GBG strategies, when an underdog manages to finish above stronger (individually) guilds, can be called advanced way of playing.

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Nope, it's not. You are true. But it gives that extra edge over others, who are not able to finish certain tasks, for example, the Rival challenge. You actually proved my point - it's not hard to finish tasks, that are "hard", "made for failure", "made to milk players", if you spend extra 10 minutes to prepare. Thanks to players like Ubernerd, Mooingcat, Beta users and Famdom FOE wiki page, the bar of success is lowered to almost minimum.
GBG strategies, when an underdog manages to finish above stronger (individually) guilds, can be called advanced way of playing.
I never heard of your username until recently, and I'm beginning to suspect you're some kind of "plant" because you're really the only person insisting everything is fine and we should all just try harder because we only fail for our own lack of preparation.

Yes, there are times when people come to the forums and complain because they didn't do one iota of research about the thing they're trying to do and then have unreasonable complaints when they fail at it. I'm not one of those people. I was prepared, I read the beta boards and the wiki and had a quest list. My guild was also warned and prepared and it still took 1 of my members 2800 diamonds to complete the 2nd Rival. The rest of us refused to spend anything on it the 2nd time.

It is NOT possible to complete Rivals even 1 time without spending diamonds unless you have an extreme amount of luck getting 4 star and 6 star boxes and the right color every board, and never spend any extra tickets, boosters, or wildlife coins except for when Rival is active. And if a player has managed to do that once, which is extremely unlikely, there's no way that player completes Rivals without diamonds a 2nd time because all the resources that were used to do it the first time can't be gained again unless you open your wallet and use a lot of diamonds.