• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mini Challenges Feedback Thread

Morb

Private
At no point in anybodies thought process on how to maximize either would be the thought to try and collect 2 x 6 star chest of a certain colour
Wrong.
The percentage of a possibility to get a daily special from a chest increases with the size of the chest.
Players trying to reach silver/gold league focus on creating larger chests.

You already mentioned two completely different approaches of how this event can be played, derailing your argument of how this event should be "normally" played. Based on your emphasis on how the event does not coincide with your time zone, work schedule, endurance of stress levels and attempts to disregard any other approach beside what you consider normal, I conclude with confidence your inability to give structured feedback on the subject.
How many times did you attempt to create 2 time yellow chests with 6 stars last year?
None. Did not play FOE back then.

Vesiger

Monarch
So there were no red blocks on the first board? Did I understand that right?
Unfortunately not.

I did get luckier after the first three tasks, which no amount of skill or even extra cash on my part would have enabled me to complete using fewer than three of my daily tickets; I have currently completed 16 tasks using the available tickets to date (not sure how many that is, since some of them were quest rewards), and felt that was pretty good going. I did use a lot of the boosters that I 'won' and suspect I am going to run out of wildlife coins for the mandatory 'buy more moves' quests, if for nothing else...

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Well after running through another mini challenge, My initial thoughts echo that of my very negative comments about the first GE based one, a total waste of time, these are made purely for income generation not to improve the playability of a game which is rapidly becoming very stale and lifeless, I certainly shall not be entertaining any future involvement of this aspect of the game and am encouraging my guild members to also not take part, but if they do to consider the disruption to the ongoing event and costs involved. This is deffo a thumbs down and should be seriously altered or scrapped

Morb

Private
Unfortunately not.

In that case that proves that Rival questline and minigame are two separate entities, and that first board with right colors is not a designed head start, but random.
Thanks for your feedback.
Just realized you could leave the last board on day before Rival unfinished, if it has the right colors.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Yes.

If you're playing for daily prizes you would aim for the chests and gaining as many of them as possible, If you're aiming to get the main building you would be aiming for paws.

At no point in anybodies thought process on how to maximize either would be the thought to try and collect 2 x 6 star chest of a certain colour (possibly not even available) or to continue using 5 plays several times unless you have a lot of things to drop down.

That is a derailment from what you would usually do in the event. How many times did you attempt to create 2 time yellow chests with 6 stars last year?
I agree with you and it would be much better if those Rival's didn't have anything to do with the mini-games while still remaining very challenging. As P2W I simply don't ever bother as it would simply annoy the hell out of me because the impact on my mini-game play during the event. I've 14 full flamingo paradises, 15 level 2 alligators, 8 full gold upgraded crossings and 97 blood lillies (miscalculated so still missing 3). Those Rival's don't bring anything truly useful to my table while disturbing my event mini-game play how they are actually being set up.

Freeloaders are not happy and P2W like me don't bother.

Nidwin

Sergeant
So, does it bother you or not?
Yes because it's again a useless feature and in this case a brand new one for me.

I don't bother doing the Rival but it bothers me that it's useless and the lists starts to get long of useless stuff in Today's FoE gameplay.

Don't get me wrong, not going to quit, getting mad or unhappy but it's still a feedback thread and that's my feedback about Rival during events.

Morb

Private
Yes because it's again a useless feature and in this case a brand new one for me.
It's useless to you as a player who has made a conscious choice to use the P2W option. Not useless in it's entirety. Calling it "a useless feature" is like building assumptions purely based on egocentric needs. Your ceiling of expectations is higher that of a f2p casual user, therefore you're giving yourself a very fragile hope of improvement of this feature. Based on your expectations event of such is very unlikely.

Nidwin

Sergeant
It's useless to you as a player who has made a conscious choice to use the P2W option. Not useless in it's entirety. Calling it "a useless feature" is like building assumptions purely based on egocentric needs. Your ceiling of expectations is higher that of a f2p casual user, therefore you're giving yourself a very fragile hope of improvement of this feature. Based on your expectations event of such is very unlikely.
That's exactly my feedback, you're correct. It's useless to me in it's actual state so not bothering doing it. I'm not representing or talking for an x amount of the player base I'm only here to give my feedback and why. I also said it's another useless feature meaning here useless for me and my gameplay and not for anyone else's gameplay.

Your are wrong about the ceiling of my expectations as it's actually much lower because I can compensate with diamonds and gameplay.
I'm also not asking for improvement as I'm just giving my feedback as P2W. I simply agreed with another poster that the actual event Rival interferes with, for me, my event mini-game play.

Last edited:

Morb

Private
Is he saying that? He is clearly stating why it is useless to him. Who are you to validate his feedback?
Public statements are expected to be questioned.
You're questioning my statement. It's called "freedom of speech". Anything wrong with expressing rights to freedom of speech? Nope.
End of discussion.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
You're questioning my statement. It's called "freedom of speech". Anything wrong with expressing rights to freedom of speech? Nope.
End of discussion.
Already had to change your name? Alienated that many players? Morbidejs, different name, same bad attitude, lol.

Vesiger

Monarch
In that case that proves that Rival questline and minigame are two separate entities, and that first board with right colors is not a designed head start, but random.
Thanks for your feedback.
Just realized you could leave the last board on day before Rival unfinished, if it has the right colors.
Well, it would need to have the right colours for *both* the first two quests... in this case the random board was fine for one but no use for the next.

So far I think I have run into four or five of those 'obligatory new board' quests, plus another couple where I simply couldn't source sufficient pops of the right colour (sixty is a lot, even using a lightning ball to eliminate one other colour to make space!) and had to start a new board to finish the quest. One of which, unfortunately, then turned out not to have any of the colour I had been working on - especially frustrating when you only need about five more :D So in that case I ended up using three tickets after failing to complete the quest on the first ticket, but that was arguably lack of skill as well as sheer bad luck; I managed another 'pop sixty' quest within a single ticket later on, because the board was just far more favourable to start off with.

I have managed to get a lot further this time than on my previous attempt, which I would like to ascribe to practice making perfect but which I suspect is probably just as much down to the luck of the draw! Currently in the late 20s with one or possibly two more tickets to come... but I did pay diamonds for extra wildlife coins so that I could complete the 'buy extra moves three times' quest, where I only had enough coins to buy two.

I have to say that when I *do* get one of those throwaway boards, though, in many ways I experience it as almost a relief; since I know there is absolutely no chance of achieving anything towards the current quest, I can then concentrate on actual board strategy for once, rather than trying to match arbitrary conditions!

Agent327

Overlord
End of discussion.

He is giving feedback to Inno, not to you. As far as I know Inno has not appointed you to judge feedback given. Whatever you think about it is not relevant at all and has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Morb

Private
Already had to change your name? Alienated that many players? Morbidejs, different name, same bad attitude, lol.
He, he, would not call it a "change", rather a polish. Doesn't make sense to change the name to a very similar one and then continue a conversation with Agent from were we left.

Morb

Private
He is giving feedback to Inno, not to you. As far as I know Inno has not appointed you to judge feedback given. Whatever you think about it is not relevant at all and has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech.
Whatever, man. Just be chill. ;)