• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event May Day Event 2016

Vesiger

Monarch
I think we ought to get Hilde as an avatar rather than the insipid Lilli ;)

It's amusing being called "young one" all the time...

DeletedUser5180

I have still about 29 expansions left to obtain in my city even though I played for almost 3 years. One expansion is 4x4 and with every era up demands for space for buildings, roads etc. are growing too. The smallest GB is Zeus 3x2 and there goes one expansion. For greater GBs even 2 expansions are not enough. Also the cost of each expansion is growing except one you can buy with diamonds. At this moment my next expansion is 105k medals worth. Victory for Future era tower is 3600 medals. That means I should have to be the best in 30 weeks in a row, what is more than half a year time. Even with other medal sources, without diamonds, I can expect new expansion every 2 or 3 months. Very frustrating, do you agree?
So to stick with the topic I suggest that rewards for the quests should be expansions.
even without counting pvp medals you have plenty other ways to gain medals.

most players high in the medal rankings will confirm pvp gives only a small percentage of their daily / weekly totals

DeletedUser15372

Wouldn't having diamonds as rewards might be overdoing it a little? :? You can question that too, since selling diamonds is what developers make their salaries from.

So does that mean we should be getting expansions as random rewards during event quests and storyline/repetitive quests? :?
Does it also mean we should have a chance of getting expansions from wishing wells? :?
Does that mean the beta players should be getting an expansion whenever they get free diamonds every 2 weeks or so? :?

DeletedUser107724

Also the cost of each expansion is growing except one you can buy with diamonds.

Diamond expansions start at 600 diamond per expansion. At some point the cost raises to 800 and then to 1000 diamonds per expand. Furthermore, to complain about medals means that you still have a lot to learn about the game as at some point you will buy out all available medal expansions and you will simply stockpile useless currency(Colloseum is something not worth the space and the only positive thing about Deal is that it provides defense boost). In retrospect -> w/o diamonds you will never max out the map.

The only problem I see with the current state with the expansion mechanic is that when Inno implemented it, they never considerred Special or Event buldings. This does indeed bring some problems. However!!!!!! -> The sheer fact that they focus on useless events rather on NEW content is what makes this game a drag. I am a maxed out player and except for GB growth, there is pretty much nothing else to do progress wise. And I am one of the fairly new maxed out players. Some, I am sure, have billions of gold, supplies and medals. Not to mention few tens of thousands of goods(once you build the GB you no longer need goods for it).

I am amazed how Inno focuses on the redundant, rather on new content... Some games stay relevant by revising their mechanics and changing obsolete stuff. Others... die out(as was the case with another game that I played few years ago). I never intended to rant or complain, but I guess the pathetic pace at which the game developer delopes the game simply got to me.

PS. I do consider the fact that I may be playing the game wrong as I prefer new content that is a little buggy(I have never encauntered a SINGLE bug worth of noticing let alone crying) rather than having this f...ing grindfest while awaiting the new age or inovative content that will not get me bored in a day as the GvG has...

PS2. Sorry for wasting your time. I am out :) Peace!

DeletedUser96901

Diamond expansions start at 600 diamond per expansion.
actually they start at 200 diamonds :rolleyes:

w/o diamonds you will never max out the map.
but you get so many diamonds in quests (and events)
and even more with a Chateau Frontenac

so I had enough diamonds for all expansions at the end of the Future Era without buying them :lol:

So does that mean we should be getting expansions as random rewards during event quests and storyline/repetitive quests?
I got many expansions already that way
diamonds --> diamond expansions :lol:

so if players can't get all expansions (without spending real money) it is their fault
not the fault of the game:
I see many players in the Future Era without Chateau Frontenac
and for me that is the biggest mistake a player can make:
building terrible GBs but not a Chateau Frontenac

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108359

i agree this event isnt too bad, and we have plenty time to do it in, also ( thankfully) the devs have now included the option of spending FP's instead of negotiating, etc. { this is only a recent change, and im sure much appreciated by many of the players }
in this quest there is no province or scouting challenge, but many quests do have them, and they can be a real pain in the butt to do. Expensive, ( in goods, and or troops ) and very time consuming, thats why i for 1 appreciate the fp alternative.
It would be nice to see some really useful rewards though.

DeletedUser99363

Munzekonza, you've stated your opinion over and over now, so thanks you don't like the events, therefore do not play them
and move on :)

Vesiger

Monarch
. I am a maxed out player and except for GB growth, there is pretty much nothing else to do progress wise. And I am one of the fairly new maxed out players. Some, I am sure, have billions of gold, supplies and medals. Not to mention few tens of thousands of goods(once you build the GB you no longer need goods for it).

I am amazed how Inno focuses on the redundant, rather on new content... Some games stay relevant by revising their mechanics and changing obsolete stuff. Others... die out(as was the case with another game that I played few years ago). I never intended to rant or complain, but I guess the pathetic pace at which the game developer delopes the game simply got to me.
Should we actually be expecting an open-ended, limitlessly developed game?
Or should Inno just take the line that when players have got to the end then they have 'won' and can then retire honourably and start something else?
Myself, I'm not sure I actually want a game that never finishes - I don't really want to commit the next few years of my life to forging empires without end :-P

DeletedUser106696

I am a maxed out player and except for GB growth, there is pretty much nothing else to do progress wise. And I am one of the fairly new maxed out players. Some, I am sure, have billions of gold, supplies and medals. Not to mention few tens of thousands of goods(once you build the GB you no longer need goods for it).

I know quite a few "maxed-out" players who produce PR goods 24/7 to gift Traz goods to every one of their guildies who manages to get the BPs; others help their guildies during the goods squeeze in the last few ages. Probably depends on the individual whether you find yourself on a sofa vegging until Inno finds you some stuff to do or find something sensible to do within your guild :)

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
Munzekonza, you've stated your opinion over and over now, so thanks you don't like the events, therefore do not play them
and move on :)
Where did you find that I said I don't like the events? I just suggested some new rewards for the quests.

DeletedUser3200

I have to recruit to complete a stage of the event, I have no barracks only rogues right now and it will not accept them as troops. Am I now stuck?

DeletedUser12400

I have to recruit to complete a stage of the event, I have no barracks only rogues right now and it will not accept them as troops. Am I now stuck?
recr.png

You have to recruit 2 units from your current age or 4 units from the previous age. You simply need to build one military building from your current or previous age and recruit the units.

DeletedUser5180

View attachment 10329
You have to recruit 2 units from your current age or 4 units from the previous age. You simply need to build one military building from your current or previous age and recruit the units.
Build the relevant military building just before collecting from Traz. Then delete it after collecting (if it produces the troops needed) which saves waiting the construction time and the training times :)

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm a bit puzzled - I only had one quest today (research a tech) and I think I remember being surprised that I only had one yesterday (was it collecting supplies?)

I thought we were getting two quests per day earlier on?

DeletedUser12400

I'm a bit puzzled - I only had one quest today (research a tech) and I think I remember being surprised that I only had one yesterday (was it collecting supplies?)

I thought we were getting two quests per day earlier on?
Now it switched to one quest per day;)