• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
Well if anyone is in Dinegu and not happy with their Guild because its only small or most players aren't active then feel free to message me. All we ask is you try your best.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Learn simple strategy; get your team together; don't be selfish make sure to diamond those camps; and don't forget coordinate your team AND THEN you'd be good at GBG, there's no inequality just bad, uncoordinated, lazy guilds
learn how to move up in top league and be pinned down by the couple of guilds who are lucky enough to have lots of players, i wonder what plans you would have with only half a team of players ? you would be pinned down the same as the rest, so dont give it big ideas as its numbers of players guilds need to be able to stand up to the big guilds, and its simple there are not enough, personaly i would rather be pinned down for a season and then make a killing next season, when i drop down, but when we are the strong guild in the lower leagues guess what we do ? we share the map and make sure all others get some sectors to hit, i wonder maybe you might consider that ? but then your guild memebers would want all the sectors they can get and sod the rest of the players

pharl

Corporal
It's a waste of time Alf. I gave up long ago trying to raise points on forums tbh. The game is all but dead to me now.

Deleted member 127677

lucky enough to have lots of players
Luck has nothing to do with having lots of players. It takes *a lot* of work to build a big active guild, and to maintain the activity of existing members.

From my point of view, Gbg has had two main negative effects on guilds. First, after about 6 months to a year of Gbg starting, big guilds could no longer easily recruit active new players as many of those seemed to prefer fighting in smaller guilds with fewer people to share with. And second, many active players left bigger guilds for the same reason. We saw a fragmentation (already, that word) of guild life, for fp farming. Some guilds obviously ended up smaller than they had maybe wanted or intended or merited as a consequence, but the way to deal with that would have been to build back up, or merge for numbers If recruiting wasn’t possible. I see several smaller guilds in my world who are maybe not fully competitive but make a good fist of what they have, also in dime league. The common factor for them is that they are relatively new and/or consist of players who were happy to build up something new, rather than stay in guilds that could not or no longer compete, if that is what they wanted. Some people simply don’t care about Gbg also, so if your guild consists of players of that ilk, and you want something more, you need to move.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ev4ma

Captain
learn how to move up in top league and be pinned down by the couple of guilds who are lucky enough to have lots of players, i wonder what plans you would have with only half a team of players ? you would be pinned down the same as the rest, so dont give it big ideas as its numbers of players guilds need to be able to stand up to the big guilds, and its simple there are not enough, personaly i would rather be pinned down for a season and then make a killing next season, when i drop down, but when we are the strong guild in the lower leagues guess what we do ? we share the map and make sure all others get some sectors to hit, i wonder maybe you might consider that ? but then your guild memebers would want all the sectors they can get and sod the rest of the players
Heard of coordination? No big guild has all 80 of its members on at the same time. Find out their weakest time and put all your effort into getting out that sector.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
As a Guild with 6 members 3 of which are active on the battleground, we've done better that Guilds with 30 plus players but lost to a guy on his own. So I have no clues how anyone can balance this all out.

now that is how i try to play the game in the smaller guilds 2 or 3 good fighters can do just as much as any big guild, the only shortfall does come when you end up with 2 of the big guilds in the same map and they are sharing, although i managed to break into the centre at the start of the map and i caused them hell taking sectors around the inner and outer ring before they could finally pin me down : ) to think such a small guild with only 1 fighter or 2 can cause the great and powerful some problems lol 2 days had them chasing me then i finally got nailed and they made sure i was pinned down for the rest of the season while they shared all the sectors between themselves, and of course patting themselves on the head at being such wonderful players and the guild is wonderbar lol
hence i dont like the big heads or there big guilds i enjoy the smaller guilds and helping those guys get some well earned rewards instead of these greedy couple of guilds at the top who have no interested in sharing anything only with themselves and 1 other guild. those guilds have zero respect, i mean its not even a real competition is it ? all we do is look for swappings so we can all make tons of goodies

.Myrddin.

Private
This pooling is beyond ridiculous the current GBG my guild is in has the following ranked guilds playing

2, 3, 9, 10, 13, 17, 32 and 36

Ours being ranked 32, it’s no wonder we are being hammered every time we go up this is in diamond league.

You cannot compete with the higher guilds as you are just boxed in as they take sectors in a minute with no regard for others as they just team up to swap the whole man.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
This pooling is beyond ridiculous the current GBG my guild is in has the following ranked guilds playing

2, 3, 9, 10, 13, 17, 32 and 36

Ours being ranked 32, it’s no wonder we are being hammered every time we go up this is in diamond league.

You cannot compete with the higher guilds as you are just boxed in as they take sectors in a minute with no regard for others as they just team up to swap the whole man.
The game is giving you a chance to play with the big dogs when you reach diamond. If you find you cannot compete, then that should show that your guild does not belong in Diamond and should actively work to get it back down to a level where you do you feel you can be competitive.

.Myrddin.

Private
It’s always the same pool of teams you against in diamond, no one is able to counter their dominant position
The game is giving you a chance to play with the big dogs when you reach diamond. If you find you cannot compete, then that should show that your guild does not belong in Diamond and should actively work to get it back down to a level where you do you feel you can be competitive.

There is playing and being unduly outmatched due to metric imbalance.

When you have guilds with 60-80 members who are high level and then a lower guild of 37 players fighting and getting point are then penalized for their performance. If you drop you are then top tier in that BG and would dominate it which is the case, as a guild we choose to take those GBGs easy to allow the other lower teams to actually have some enjoyment and collections even though we are always well ahead on points by the end of it.

This is the up and down cause and effect saw tooth BG bouncing that is prevalent.

It is nothing about playing with the big boys when the metric for the grouping is flawed.

BarraG

Private
Here's an example of what's happening right now - we're in Diamond, 2 big teams have joined forces and are blocking everyone else out of the game. How? Directly in front of our base sector, one of the 2 big teams holds it. It's been attacked by the other big team, but sits at 159/60. The sectors to the left and right of that are the same. The row of sectors in front of those are also the same. There are currently 17 sectors like this and counting - all over the middle and down to the edges which block any other guild doing anything. So note, it's not me have a moan on behalf of our guild - it's all the other guilds as well. Shortly they'll do swaps, where the 2 teams finish off the sectors they've targeted as swaps. When they have swapped, then they'll wait the required amount of time and again put 159/160 on each others. If anyone else attack (can't until unlocked), then they'll just take one early. Result? Only 2 of the teams can do any real attacking. No other guild is able to do anything - This is why it's killing the game and guilds just give up in GBG.
Hmmm.. it's an endless game anyway, so what is the point of been at the top anyway and play like robots and made it job to be there every 4 hours to do handovers, players the don't have life in the real world... The game is a journey with friends and to have fun... who cares anymore about GBG .. maybe only those who are lost ?
Note: I was one and may be still is ;)

Apparently it isn't to win. It's to play the swapping game, which is the equivalent of the constantly releasing and retaking sectors in GvG that people used to complain about.
They still do in my world ... LOL

I believe they need to make changes in the Beta for while to work out a better system and not just change for one round then open it up to the world ... it will take time.. exploits will be found in any system just how to minimise them .. I believe ranking should be base on more capabilities (size and performance) so basically not to have some small guilds thrown in with some or one big guild just because they just happen to get into diamond... let big ones fight it out and good luck to them ;)

With the starting positions they all should be equal as it does not matter to big guild they can push through but for a smaller guild in crap spot has no chance ... and third (maybe a little bit bigger) map would be great were they test out (if the want to through it into open as they normally do ) and make the middle crappy so it not just race to the middle .. meaning give it high VP points but little building support, so the outside is great for building support but low VP/hour rate and also to have to best guild on the opposite side of the map so it not just an easy straight run... as an option ?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Hmmm.. it's an endless game anyway, so what is the point of been at the top anyway and play like robots and made it job to be there every 4 hours to do handovers, players the don't have life in the real world... The game is a journey with friends and to have fun... who cares anymore about GBG .. maybe only those who are lost ?
Note: I was one and may be still is ;)
Unfortunately, there are a number of pathetic players that are in this game 20+ hours a day - who seem to feel this game would not exist if they were not online constantly.

htbrain22

Private
I think its not about players being online 20+ hours, i think its about well balanced guilds. Diamond League is the top competition in GBG so you find there best guilds on that server. If 2 guilds manage to swap each others sectors thats because the rest of the guilds dont have the interest/power to compete with them. But on top of diamond league you dont always have easy championship. Now you may have half of the map in white colour and in 4-8 hrs you might end up squeezed in your HQ.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Sometimes I feel like those people talking about farming and infinite fighting actually never played GbG. Siege camp was providing a 24% attrition reduction, the most common was 4 SC sectors for a total attrition reduction of 96%, and only a few sectors could be taken with 5 SC or more. So it was never about infinite farming and don't forget there were some 2-3 SC sectors which you simply have to do to get the rotation going.
Also, you were always losing troops so a high-level traz was a must, and very decent attack bonuses to be able to reach 100 attrition or more.
Unless you were stuck in some low age and using OF troops which was an absolute minority of the player base, those in the latest ages have to work hard to get good numbers.
From a guild perspective, you needed a healthy treasury, players to diamond support structures, fighters to cover the entire day, etc.

If you were in the highest age before GbG, you could actually log in once a day to do your collection, maybe attack your neighbors and contribute to 1.9 thread and you were done for the day. With the GbG your progress is tied strongly to your overall activity and your guild performance so yes those who are not willing to invest time became angry cause active players could overgrow their years of laziness within a year of active playing.

Try to repost this, somewhere other than the GBG update feedback thread, so that it can be a discussion.

1696130172196.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
Yes, the idea that people were being 'selfish' if they were able to singlehandedly take sectors for their guild seems a particularly perverse outcome; the aim of GBG was not supposed to be to provide tens of thousands of extra fights for individual players, each with a chance of a reward, it was supposed to be a non-real-time version of GvG that mobile players could help contribute to and that didn't degenerate to a few minutes of frantic clicking around the reset window...

Sacahari3l

Private
Try to repost this, somewhere other than the GBG update feedback thread, so that it can be a discussion.

View attachment 25167
Well, let's start the discussion:)
Guild expedition:
The only rewards that are good here are the Forgotten Temple and the feathered serpent statue, everything else is useless. But it doesn't require any diamonds, goods, or high bonuses to finish so I am fine with those rewards. In case you are active in 1.9x threads you can finish all five levels in around 15 minutes so it's not even a time-demanding activity.
GvG:
I used to play GvG so I am well aware of the costs, but because Inno never brought it to the mobile version of the game, GvG is up to this day being played by less than 10% of the player base so a completely useless feature for the majority of the player base. But for those who play it, it's activity for up to 10 minutes a day in most cases.
Attacking neighborhood:
If I remember correctly you can have up to 100 neighbors so 100 fights to do, can be done in less than 10 minutes easily. In case you are into plundering it takes significantly longer, but most people collect in time so I really never saw it as something that is worth investing the time into.

So far activities have been for roughly 20-30 minutes a day including collection, so don't know where you came with the idea the game had so many add-ons it required a lot of time to go through them

Now GbG:
First of all, you fight once every 8 hours, not 4 (you take sectors from the enemy guild 4h lock, then they it from you another 4h lock). Only around 20 to 30% of sectors on the map were possible to take with 5 siege camps so why are you still repeating the fairy tale about attrition-free GbG that was never true? I would put GbG into two scenarios:
1. You played against a guild that was capable of beating you
In this scenario you had to take as many edge sectors as possible, as many times as possible, those were 0 to 3 SC sectors so the winner was based on total guild attrition capability and tactic.
2. You played against guilds that were never capable of beating you
Here you could ignore edge sectors and focus on the map rotation in case there was a guild capable of doing the rotaions with you. This was indeed the most effective way to play GbG. As the entire map was taken in one go, sectors were opening one after another and most of the sectors could be taken with 4 siege camps, yet there were still roughly 20-30% of those with 3 SC only where the attrition build-up was a bit higher.

In general, most of the sectors you were taking had a 96% attrition reduction, and minorities had a 72% and 100% attrition reduction.
As you mentioned the benefit of smaller guilds was obviously fewer people to share the fights with so indeed if you wanted maximum out of GbG you were playing in a smaller guild. To be a successful fighter and successful guild it required time, dedication, and of course some money. Only with high attack stats, Traz, and guild goods producing GBs you could become a successful fighter a successful guild needed to have players across the globe to cover the entire day, and members willing to log in and fight on a regular basis is not an easy feat.
So yes your placement, development, and resources were based on your skill, activity, and success of your guild which is far better than pre-GbG time when your position and development was based on the amount of year you sat through.

Why do I think the "new" GbG is wrong?

In short, for much more resources you get far fewer rewards.
A longer explanation would be:
1. Guild goods
New support structures require much more goods than the old ones, so players need to build and level guild-supporting buildings much more than before.
2. Diamond costs
New structures cost much more diamonds to complete than the old ones.
3. Attacking army bonuses
Due to a maximum 80% attrition reduction, you are forced to fight much more on higher attrition levels than before so you are losing troops than ever before. So especially in SAT when troops aren't that strong you are forced to fight far below your maximum attrition so you are not losing more droops than you can get or you are forced to add hundreds if not thousands to your bonuses.

So you are forced to pay more goods, pay more diamonds, and pay for more event buildings to be at last able to get a fraction of the fights you were getting before the change. Why should anyone be interested in paying more for less?

Vesiger

Monarch
So you are forced to pay more goods, pay more diamonds, and pay for more event buildings to be at last able to get a fraction of the fights you were getting before the change. Why should anyone be interested in paying more for less?
Because it is more interesting than The Game of Auto-Clicking?
You are not *forced* to fill every building slot or to pay diamonds to auto-complete buildings, and in my guild's current GBG map nobody appears to be doing so, or to be building the most expensive structures - at the moment all the guilds are going for mid-level , and often not filling more than one slot. Of course nobody has worked out the 'optimum' strategy yet, so we are all going cautiously and experimenting to see how it works out. The ebb and flow of battle is all over the place; Green took an early lead and put a lot of structures in the centre, then got nibbled away from all sides even against 200+ battles per sector. We got to the centre, were driven back to a couple of outside sectors, currently hold about a third of the map with one centre sector and are outscoring everyone else for the moment but are a long way behind the leaders on points. It has been a lot of fun so far, and participation is up thanks to the novelty value.

(The most popular building so far seems to be the Guild Command Post, from observation...)