• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Having to delete items so I can complete some of the quests/events :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser100133

Hello

Could we stay on the topic and stick to the rules and be polite to each other, please.

Thank you

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
*sneaks in from the shadows & ninja-swipes Migraine of Ord's popcorn*

...also, *I* get around this 'problem' by always just leaving a couple expansions worth of 'dead space' in my city at all times.
Events are wonderfully simplified, and DC's are a complete joke outside of 2 quests. ('defeat this large/very large army' & the horror that is 'collect 3500 tavern silver'.)

Oh, and this way, I'm not sitting on pins and needles impatiently waiting on Reconstruction Mode to ever move buildings around/re-design my city when necessary either. :P

DeletedUser112892

How many times do I have to explain that I can't do what you asked me to do ?
3 times ?
You cannot sell building and then build it again?
I just sell off a couple clockers and then rebuild. No drama at all.
Well, this guy doesn't want to do that. :P
*sneaks in from the shadows & ninja-swipes Migraine of Ord's popcorn*

...also, *I* get around this 'problem' by always just leaving a couple expansions worth of 'dead space' in my city at all times.
Events are wonderfully simplified, and DC's are a complete joke outside of 2 quests. ('defeat this large/very large army' & the horror that is 'collect 3500 tavern silver'.)

Oh, and this way, I'm not sitting on pins and needles impatiently waiting on Reconstruction Mode to ever move buildings around/re-design my city when necessary either. :P
I don't know what takes Inno so long to introduce it to live servers :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Just delete the roads Pedro - It only takes a few of seconds; it won't harm your timings.

(That is if you haven't blocked me, lol)

DeletedUser114563

Richard of Shaw said:
I just sell off a couple clockers and then rebuild. No drama at all.
What are clockers ? Sounds interesting :)
Praeceptor ( I haven't ignored you, you don't harass me ) :)
( You just plunder me, that's all, minor issue ( not allowed to use the word "problem" ) ) :) LOL
I've gone into great detail a few posts back explaining why I can't delete roads, please look thank you.

DeletedUser114563

Thomas Covenent said
*I* get around this 'problem' by always just leaving a couple expansions worth of 'dead space' in my city at all times.[/QUOTE said:
Thank you your idea but unfortunately I have a ton of good stuff waiting to be put into the game eg. 3 Wishing Wells, 11 Fountains of Youth, 6 Shrines of Knowledge and so forth and so forth. So I don't leave any empty space but I use what ever is available to the max.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112892

What are clockers ? Sounds interesting :)
CA production building.
Thank you your idea but unfortunately I have a ton of good stuff waiting to be put into the game eg. 3 Wishing Wells, 11 Fountains of Youth, 6 Shrines of Knowledge and so forth and so forth. So I don't leave any empty space but I use what ever is available to the max.
Then don't do event quests if you don't think anything we told you is an answer.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Yep...
If you choose to use up every last possible square of space in your city, then you must accept that events & DC's are going to generally be very, very challenging and probably involve constant 'delete/rebuild'.

It may mean I lose out a few fp's per day, or don't have a couple extra event buildings down until later, but for ME, events & DC's are generally child's play to complete.

For example, the current Soccer Cup event. I crushed the sequential quest line in a day!
That's a ton of energy drinks right off the bat, giving me an ample cushion to go after whatever I want without worrying about getting hosed by the RNG. ;)

DeletedUser114563

I accept the idea of having to delete 2 or 3 Strike Team Centers regularly but the Clockers from Richard of Shaw got me intrigued :)
Sometimes other people use other easier ways that stare right in your eyes but you need someone else to show it to you :)

dimondus

Captain
he have not 2 but 3 solutions but easiest one (to sell/rebuild barrack) he rejected on start. 99% of players do it like that.
I think the person who designed that quest has never progressed further than BA where military building has 10 sec building timer and cost 1 population to build.
So yes, there is no easier workaround than deleting and rebuilding.

dimondus

Captain
Oh, and this way, I'm not sitting on pins and needles impatiently waiting on Reconstruction Mode to ever move buildings around/re-design my city when necessary either
Well, I have another reason and its called foemanager :)
Seriously, one guy did it better 2 years ago then a mutli-million game studio are doing (based on known features so far).

Agent327

Overlord
I accept the idea of having to delete 2 or 3 Strike Team Centers regularly but the Clockers from Richard of Shaw got me intrigued :)
Sometimes other people use other easier ways that stare right in your eyes but you need someone else to show it to you :)

Do you have them in your city?

DeletedUser99692

There is one very obvious solution that no one has suggested. Spend the diamonds to rebuild instantly. That is if you have them (no I am not suggesting buying them) Or buy a build boost tavern silver. There is always more than one way to skin a cat. lol

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
There is one very obvious solution that no one has suggested. Spend the diamonds to rebuild instantly. That is if you have them (no I am not suggesting buying them) Or buy a build boost tavern silver. There is always more than one way to skin a cat. lol

That sounds like an expensive way to do it.

Pedro, I know you're worried about disconnecting things from your town hall, but when you rebuild the roads everything goes back the way it was. You really won't lose anything at all unless you move buildings that have to remain in contact with each other (indian set etc). Give it a go.

DeletedUser112892

Well that's simple too just complete all of the maps and he'd get a free pass no sectors = free pass
That is what I first mentioned. If he went beyond his age on continent map, he can simply create unfair trade for goods he needs with guildmate, or buy those goods with FPs from a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.