• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Having to delete items so I can complete some of the quests/events :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

Overlord
Please stop suggesting me what I should change in my city :(
It was going so well earlier on, we had 2 members so far of this Forum giving me ideas how they do it in their cities, let's hear from lots more of you, what you do in your city and lets enjoy this post :)
Please no more negative posts to make us ( me ) unhappy :(
Thank you and have a nice day :)

Why on earth do you ask questions but reject every form of advise? People are trying to help you, but you reject every possible suggestion cause it is not what you want. For you there is only one solution. Help yourself. Do whatever youi like.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
You're too blind Praeceptor busy plundering me, that you don't read what I've said again and again and again, I don't need to change my city in in anyway to suit your ideas, what I want is to hear how "you" do the quest requirements and not you suggesting what I should have or not have in my city. I have 104k additional happiness which is more then enough happiness and I would never delete my Drive In or anything to make my city look ugly. I look at my city and enjoy it's balanced look, it has character, I don't want my city to look ugly, like some cities in my neighbourhood ( not mentioning names ) that really hurt your eyes to look at it which make me think of "Soweto" Johannesburg S.A. ( real ugly place ) every time I have to plunder it for revenge :) LOL

Pedro - I'm sorry you think I'm telling you how to organise your city - I hope you can see that I really am trying to help.

I've read your earlier messages and it's very clear you want to hear what WE would do in OUR cities, so here is my reply.

If you look at my city you will see that I have parallel double roads either side of my urban islands. To make temporary room in my city I delete some roads and move my urban islands 4 squares down which gives me a 4x5 space to use for the purpose of the quest. Once I've done the quest I move the urban islands back and rebuild the road. My city is only disconnected from my town hall for less than a minute so there is no impact on production.

That's what I do and it works.

If you chose not to use this technique, that's fine, but don't assume this is anything other than genuine advice.

Good luck.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Carlos, I've sent you a message in the game. You might have blocked me though?

Last edited:

DeletedUser114563

Thank you but I'm good :)
Praeceptor I accept your truce and we will aid one another instead of attacking and plundering one another, great news, nice gesture, I've had friends in the game for 4 years and I'm look forward having you as my friend for a long time too. I've sent you a friend invite.
Things are definitely getting better today, thank you :) ( Thank God )
Did you see "The Matrix Revolutions" where the Chinese chap says to Leo "You can only be true friends with someone after you fight them :)

DeletedUser114563

Great stuff, now we're friends :)
What a nice way to end this evening on a positive note :)

Emberguard

Legend
If I really need to re-build something fast then the tavern silver is an excellent help. Given I have 170k of silver it doesn't hurt the pocket at all with the tavern already being fully upgraded.

Otherwise I try to delete roads to fit everything closer temporarily.

In some worlds I have spear barracks as cannon fodder for the "recruit X" quests and also for the bronze tower PvP. If I really needed I could just delete those to increase my space providing I already have the housing available.

DeletedUser101951

You have to be really careful or you get ahead of a quest line. Then going back and completing stupid stuff from previous eras is a pain. but if you don't you seem to cause a dead end to the era questline. Poorly implemented by INNO in my opinion. Should be able to bypass to the start of the next era.

DeletedUser109475

How many times do I have to explain that I can't do what you asked me to do ?
3 times ?

Can't or won't? You've asked how people overcome this "problem" then go on to say you don't have a problem, clearly if swapping out a building causes such an issue to your game it is a problem.

Nobody is forced to do an event, every prize and every quest is optional but there are those who have to have the latest everything and max it before the event has hardly started. The event quests hardly differ from one event to another so should they really be such a surprise? Certainly for some as they rush to the end of the tech tree then find the "research a tech" quest, then they struggle to complete the remaining quests based on the new era. How did they get to the end of a tech era in the first place? Not through the event that's for sure.

DeletedUser114563

No Gouls, I don't have a problem, just frustrated with the waste of resources and time deleting buildings to make space. Unfortunately one needs all space available all the time and expansions are very expensive so you can't afford leaving huge empty spaces just lying around waiting for quests.
In my initial post:
PS. I don't need help how to change my game, I just want to know how you do it :)
the word "problem" wasn't mentioned in the above but setback mentioned.
before this thread got out of hand with twisted rubbish.

DeletedUser112892

No Gouls, I don't have a problem, just frustrated with the waste of resources and time deleting buildings to make space. Unfortunately one needs all space available all the time and expansions are very expensive so you can't afford leaving huge empty spaces just lying around waiting for quests.
In my initial post:
PS. I don't need help how to change my game, I just want to know how you do it :)
the word "problem" wan't mentioned in the above but setback mentioned.
before this thread got out of hand with twisted rubbish.
Most players keep some free space reserved for events quests like "Build this". You can also sell and rebuild building. If you want to store GE or event building, you have "Store building" item. There are no other ways.

DeletedUser114563

Why come up with stuff you don't need every time on every quest, instead of something usefull you could use?

DeletedUser112892

Why come up with stuff you don't need every time on every quest, instead of something usefull you could use?
Personally, I hate when I get quest to build e.g. cultural building when I don't need any at all (because of Traz and some event buildings hapiness bonus). But, goal of Inno is to make quests a little bit harder, so everyone should invest a little bit more effort if they want to finish whole questline :)
"Build this", "Build that" quests are for me too the most annoying quests ;)

DeletedUser114563

Not pointless at all. Maybe someone would come up with an intelligent way of doing it, that one might just not think of.
It's amazing sometimes how simple things sometimes might not occur to you :)

Agent327

Overlord
Not pointless at all. Maybe someone would come up with an intelligent way of doing it, that one might just not think of.
It's amazing sometimes how simple things sometimes might not occur to you :)

So?

You do not need help to change your game, so what does it mater if someone does?

You are not changing your game, so why ask for answers you do not need?

Amy Steele

General
Dear all,

Several posts were deleted as they had drifted more than a little away from the topic of this thread. Please make every effort to remain on topic from this point on... as a reminder the topic of the thread is how to avoid 'Having to delete items so I can complete some of the quests/events'. For myself I do as has previously been mentioned in this thread and try to ensure I start an event with a little spare space - at the end of the event I can then use that spare space for any event buildings I have won ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.