• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Importance / Relevance

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

Shad23

Emperor
well i sometimes do GvG in eras above col but then again i mostly used GE troops cause right now in my city my traz is only building Col troops and i never said i don't love my traz

DeletedUser99438

How would I achieve that without Arc 80

First of all it's a hypothetical scenario ..... it's not real! But in the scenario... you get to choose only arc or only traz ... understandnig yet?

Secondly, it's still possible without Arc .. it's just a little more difficult and costly!

DeletedUser110620

Look, I have plan to do GvG. But, for that, I plan to skyrocket Traz to lvl 50. How would I achieve that without Arc 80? It would take me a 2 years to skyrocket Traz to that level without an Arc (exception is if I am in PE, but I am in HMA) .

You could try swapping fps. :)

DeletedUser112892

Look, I am in HMA. And right now, I have huge problems with getting Arc BPs for further leveling. I can only imagine how big problems I would have if I hunt Traz BPs without Arc 80. For that goal I would need much bigger amount of time.
You could try swapping fps. :)
I am doing that, but it makes things only a little faster.

DeletedUser99438

I can only imagine how big problems I would have if I hunt Traz BPs without Arc 80.

I did that and with no difficulty at all, the difficulty is not in getting the BPs, you just got to join a decent guild for that.

DeletedUser112892

I did that and with no difficulty at all, the difficulty is not in getting the BPs, you just got to join a decent guild for that.
Which age did you do that in?
My FP production is arround 60FPs/day. I really cannot achieve much with that production.
In my world, I know no player that first skyrocketed Traz or any GB other than Arc or CF first.
For me, it is more important to first make my FPs and BPs gathering faster. Arc 80 lets me profit FPs and gain two times more BPs than without it.
It is my personal opinion, and I really don't want to skyrocket Traz before achieving Arc 80 first, plus, I don't plan to leave HMA. This game is marathon, not rushing. It is logical that I will first try to achieve goal that will make many things much easier soon after,not just to work on, in this case, Traz, and just get many units from it.

DeletedUser110620

Look, I am in HMA. And right now, I have huge problems with getting Arc BPs for further leveling. I can only imagine how big problems I would have if I hunt Traz BPs without Arc 80. For that goal I would need much bigger amount of time

The Arc was my second GB, right after Zeus.

I got them both to level 10 quite quickly without any FP boosters, I just used the 24 in my bar, and that which I got from Taverns... How? I looked for bargains out in friends and 'hood. It wasn't hard to find contribution rewards that paid out 5 or 10 fps, and I'd secure them with less than what they paid out. I then used my horde of inventory fps to get sports on Arcs. :)

It was work, but a good investment.

While i was in HMA.

DeletedUser112892

@firestormfury, I am also doing that. I am first carefully looking which Arcs 50-80 have cheapest 4th and 5th spots, I add those people to my friends list, and then put 50FP in every single Arc of them. Tgen, I wait for it to level.

Woops, I derailed thread about GvG with Arc vs. Traz stuff. Sorry everybody :)

DeletedUser110620

@firestormfury, I am also doing that. I am first carefully looking which Arcs 50-80 have cheapest 4th and 5th spots, I add those people to my friends list, and then put 50FP in every single Arc of them. Tgen, I wait for it to level.

Woops, I derailed thread about GvG with Arc vs. Traz stuff. Sorry everybody :)

I don't pretend to know everything. But I have to admit that I am extremely picky with the GBs I get and I know the strategy behind them before I get them. No copying the big guys. Just deep thinking for the situation and a good justification as why that GB, and why level it to any specific point. I have 8 GBs, two less than you do. I only decided in the last couple of weeks that it might be time to level the Arc up.

Yes, the careful deciding includes, considering how disposable the buildings in the city are. It's sometimes better to have space that can be re-purposed over and over for different reasons than to have a city which is suborn to demolish and change, because of the GBs taking the space....

Since, I have dynamically gone from Farmer, GvG-er, and in between.

Just an injection of thought, which might be worth considering.

You kids don't know how good you have it these days!
I have an appreciation of such things like the AID button makes it easy, these GBs can make cities radically more useful than in the past...
But I also see that it causes a race condition, a stress between players too.

DeletedUser

I wonder if GvG was so relevant to the devs as it is for some..
Why isn’t there an AF, OF and VF map.
It seems to me a ittle hint they quit giving it too much mind after developing the Future Era.

DeletedUser110620

Actually Traz vs Arc says alot about the importance of GvG... if people prefer Arc over Traz it says a lot about the priorities in the game

Hypothetical thought is one thing, implementation is another. It was a huge thought curve I had to go around before deciding Traz was necessary to build. I was actually after just a happiness building to save space. But the Traz is so good at what it does. With it I could justify reducing military and increasing production of goods too. Very happy with it.

The Arc was only good because I knew that one day I would see it pay in medals the land it stands on. Well a year later I think it's finally done that. The Arc was a huge investment that took a long time to pay off. The Traz was instant and to the point!

Why isn’t there an AF, OF and VF map.

I think it's good that they delay the release of maps till some time after the era opens. This give the chance for the goods to be distributed amongst the players before they go right to GvG. :)

DeletedUser112892

Actually Traz vs Arc says alot about the importance of GvG... if people prefer Arc over Traz it says a lot about the priorities in the game
Somewhat yes and somewhat no. Arc is quite neutral GB in those terms. Avid GV
Many GvG junkies start off with Arc first because they don't only plan to skyrocket Traz, but also other GBs that give bonus in offence :)

DeletedUser

I think it's good that they delay the release of maps till some time after the era opens. This give the chance for the goods to be distributed amongst the players before they go right to GvG. :)

That is indeed “some” delay there AT an OT treasuries are stuffed.

Agent327

Overlord
The GvG 'point farmers' fill sectors with troops that give the highest points. They release them before calc and re-take after. They are usually 'safe sectors', in that they are 3 sectors away from other guilds. That's why you see point farmers with just champs/rogues in their cities. But as I said, goods donations can provide a lot more points.

They don't do it at recalc. They do it multiple times a day. They pay others to put sieges they can wipe out. GHood donations do not provide more.

DeletedUser110620

Many GvG junkies start off with Arc first because they don't only plan to skyrocket Traz, but also other GBs that give bonus in offence :)
Actually, I fail to see how owning an Arc is meant to "skyrocket" your own building. It can help the economy, but it would only put you maybe 30% or so behind. Or maybe 70% behind if you have a level 80 Arc at the time...

That is indeed “some” delay there AT an OT treasuries are stuffed.
I think it's smart not to release AF GvG just yet. Let VF settle in first, as when AF opens, it will cause a dip in VF goods in the market...

Ok, I have to admit it's speculation. But it's kind of true to a point. As I think some VF goods will find their way to people who store them and don't trade out if AF GvG opens...