• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

harold mouse

Corporal
That Wiki statement you refer to has been there since the start of GBG.

Indeed, and so it should have been. It is a fundamental principle of any competitive game play. I notice you ignore the fact that @Kyrael's post also asserted Inno's commitment to the same principle. But it does not change the fact that they have done nothing about it for years, and now they say they will still do nothing about it for the foreseeable future. There needs to be a change now, not in the unforeseeable future, because without it Inno's actions (or rather lack of actions) speak louder than words. And there lack of action simply does not make sense.

This argument started with you claiming I censor posts. I never censor posts and I do not like being falsly accused. Don't blame me for noise obscuring when you start the noise.

No this argument started out with you slagging off posts which you had not even bothered to read or understand, which seems to be par for the course. I have never claimed you censor posts, although a number of others have. You should at least know who you talking to, and what they are saying before you create more noise.

Last edited by a moderator:

harold mouse

Corporal
You did not claim I censor posts? Than who do you mean does this?

That was not cause of an argument. It is simply a comment on the difficulty of giving honest feed back on @Kyrael's response to feedback without breaking forum rules. I hope the dev's will take note and not try to fob us off with such nonsense again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
Some things get censored simply because they are honest. There are only two reasons I can see see for Inno's refusal to change matchmaking, both now and in the foreseeable future, as said by @Kyrael in response to feedback. One is that they actually want to make GBG unpleasant to play. The other cannot be said because it is insulting. I have asked @Kyrael in this forum to explain his responses, but no explanation has been forthcoming.
Well, I would say that that the answer that most immediately springs to mind is that for whatever reason doing so is more difficult than you might think. (The likelihood that the developers actually want to make GBG "unpleasant to play" is so obviously close to zero that the mere suggestion can only exist as a form of insult - surely nobody seriously believes that? Cock--up rules over conspiracy as an explanation every time...)

harold mouse

Corporal
Well, I would say that that the answer that most immediately springs to mind is that for whatever reason doing so is more difficult than you might think.

It is not more difficult than I say. It is just a matter of reducing the LPs awarded for league places and using the ranking table for matchmaking, and then playing with the numbers after monitoring the results. This is actually almost trivial. I have a career in software engineering behind me, so I am qualified to say so. It would have appeared difficult before the changes in GBG, and I think that is why Inno put it on the back burner. But having done those changes they simply overlooked that they had. at the same time, created an easy solution to the issues we are currently seeing. They need to get it off the backburner now, not think it can remain there indefinitely.

(The likelihood that the developers actually want to make GBG "unpleasant to play" is so obviously close to zero that the mere suggestion can only exist as a form of insult - surely nobody seriously believes that? Cock--up rules over conspiracy as an explanation every time...)

Indeed. It is not intended to be taken seriously as a reason, or to insult. It is just a cock--up. We can all do that. But it is easy to fix, and urgent that it is fixed. .

Blizzard23

Private
What is the point of this whole feedback thread if all moderators have to do is to attack other players who dare disagree with them?
Also what is the chain of command, if anyone knows - above the game moderators.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I want an explanation for why last seasons champions are 3rd before a shot is fired I understand Victories and Victory Points are reset but Championship wins are not...........so surely Redemption should still be in 1st place??????????????
before it starts.png

Atokirina

Private
I want an explanation for why last seasons champions are 3rd before a shot is fired I understand Victories and Victory Points are reset but Championship wins are not...........so surely Redemption should still be in 1st place??????????????
View attachment 25406
They like to look at the guild level for some reason. I honestly think they just never thought about this occasion so I made a bug report for it.

Emberguard

Legend
They like to look at the guild level for some reason. I honestly think they just never thought about this occasion so I made a bug report for it.
That's precisely what the announcement says

The ranks will be based firstly on League Points your Guild currently has, secondly on the amount of Battleground victories in the current Championship, thirdly on total Victory Points accumulated in the current Championship, and lastly on the Guild Level.

New Championship, so the only differentiator prior to Victory Points being acquired is the Guild Level

As far as feedback goes I agree it would make more sense for Championships Won to be the initial decider when a new Championship starts

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
"The ranks will be based firstly on League Points your Guild currently has, secondly on the amount of Battleground victories in the current Championship, thirdly on total Victory Points accumulated in the current Championship, and lastly on the Guild Level."
Thank you for the explanation, I was going to say a level 100 guild, very rarely play GvG mainly mobile players and that is why a ranking system based on GvG was always unfair

Kev-

Private
Typical of Inno and given there inability to match make not at all surprising............ how hard would it be to weight the algo to count championship wins

papashakes

Corporal
diamond league reward 1st full season "tower of champions" .. 2nd full season reward "royal tower of champions".. so am I going to be left with another pile of incomplete frag buildings or will "tower of champions" make a return in a future season and I can upgrade my Lv1 to Lv2?

Last edited:

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
diamond league reward 1st full season "tower of champions" .. 2nd full season reward "royal tower of champions".. so am I going to be left with another pile of incomplete frag buildings or will "tower of champions" make a return in a future season and I can upgrade my Lv1 to Lv2?

Currently there are no plans in place to bring back old buildings, however our Game Design team are aware that the orphaned fragments may be a future pain point and will be considering what options are available to address this.

papashakes

Corporal
Currently there are no plans in place to bring back old buildings, however our Game Design team are aware that the orphaned fragments may be a future pain point and will be considering what options are available to address this.
why does that not surprise me lololol

Emberguard

Legend
however our Game Design team are aware that the orphaned fragments may be a future pain point and will be considering what options are available to address this.
If we can't use them, maybe every so often an option to trade Fragments from previous seasons into a new building would be nice. Maybe a building that's exclusively obtained through leftover Champion fragments?

Malynn

Corporal

One sure way of alienating players and driving them away from playing this game is by rewarding them with fragments of buildings which they are unable to collect enough of to build the building. My inventory is already full of fragments of buildings which I will never build. Now it seems it is also going to be full of fragments of buildings, I’m not going to be able to build.
Inno at the moment with this policy only seem to want to reward the top guilds so they get stronger and stronger. Not allowing players to collect enough fragments to build Championship Towers is another step towards driving players away and killing this game.

Last edited:

eleith

Private
Hi,
Inno at the moment with this policy only seem to want to reward the top guilds so they get stronger and stronger. Not allowing players to collect enough fragments to build Championship Towers is another step towards driving players away and killing this game.
This.

Somewhere in my head I wanted to post something after the first 6 seasons of GBG to say stuff like 'OK, there are many aspects of this new format for GBG that I didn't and still don't like -- first of which the general fall in GBG activity -- but maybe all these changes weren't so terrible after all. It seems to me that matchmaking is still problematic but maybe a bit better now, even if some guilds might strategize over this in ways that allow them to be higher than they should'. Something like that.

But with annoucements such as this one ('fragments of the buildings are worth nothing if you didn't build them immediately, ie. if you're not in a very top guild from the start'), I really can't get my head around the overall strategy. All these changes really appear to reward the top spenders, and maybe they can appeal to the one-two new players to the game who will be willing to pay a lot to advance faster, but for casual players or for long-term 'light spenders', this is a slap in the face. And all the spenders and newbies that will be willing to spend for a while (how long though?) will just regroup in the same 5-10 guilds at the top of the server, and the rest of us plebeians will just get tired and tired and leave in the end, or at least not spend anymore. And I can't get how this is a smart move for the business. But probably I'm just stupid.