• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Malynn

Corporal
You do get supllies... on the other map.

Previously you had both coins and supplies on one map, and neither on the other. Now you have the coins on one map and the supplies on the other.
OK, thanks for that. A very odd arrangement. Why not have both on both maps.

harold mouse

Corporal
It gets worse! In Sinerania the third ranked guild (by dint of three victories, at least one of which must have been in platinum) is an 11 player guild which I have only ever seen shut in their hutch all season unable to make hits.

Deleted member 127677

It gets worse! In Sinerania the third ranked guild (by dint of three victories, at least one of which must have been in platinum) is an 11 player guild which I have only ever seen shut in their hutch all season unable to make hits.
Our number 5 ranked guild has 1 victory in dime league, ever, over 14 attempts. Numbers 8-16 are guilds of 3 to 80 members, just for self flagellation I checked their stats too. The guild with 80 has won 2 dime league seasons from 30, and to my knowledge, those have not come during this format. Number 15, no wins in dime league ever. Number 22 - 18 dime league wins, number 23 - 15, number 24 - 17. Tell me again how this new system is reflective of ‘what guilds can do’. So, when ranks ceases to matter, what else matters? Just what the guild is doing internally? Increased focus on your GE score? There must be more guilds than mine who actually value its competitiveness and take pride in stats.

Jetti

Private
It isn't working, it does not reflect what is happening. You have guilds that are in lower leagues above other guilds that they would not stand a chance against if matched in GBG.

This will just drive players to the top ranked guilds and destroy other guilds, you will lose players and revenue as people will just stop playing.

If you want a point based system try 3 points for 1st 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd, I think that you will find that works better, however GBG currently sucks more than it did before, it was a point and click before, now it is a point and click that just takes longer

harold mouse

Corporal

Just checked. Our third placed guild has NO wins in diamond, and has only made seven appearances in diamond. Of course they will be crushed next season. It is past time Inno stopped insulting guilds and players. I cannot see that they have had any other purpose in mind.

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

Just checked. Our third placed guild has NO wins in diamond, and has only made seven appearances in diamond. Of course they will be crushed next season. It is past time Inno stopped insulting guilds and players. I cannot see that they have had any purpose in mind.
I still think that the update and new format in terms of attrition gain, new buildings and treasury management options are a positive change. The only thing that needs to be sorted is the ‘ranking’ options in the championship, and the abuse of low dime for frags of the top building. A guild that cannot win or even place top 4 in 1000 lps should have no place within top 10 of that championship, given it is based first and foremost on the league points achieved at the end of the season.

harold mouse

Corporal
I still think that the update and new format in terms of attrition gain, new buildings and treasury management options are a positive change. The only thing that needs to be sorted is the ‘ranking’ options in the championship, and the abuse of low dime for frags of the top building. A guild that cannot win or even place top 4 in 1000 lps should have no place within top 10 of that championship, given it is based first and foremost on the league points achieved at the end of the season.

I agree completely, but I think fixing the ranking necessitates also fixing the LP mismatching system which has desperately needed to be fixed for years. Far too many LPs are awarded for places in the league, but then the cap at 1000 LP means top guilds are not ranked. All I think Inno really have to do is change the numbers to something sensible. By reducing LPs awarded each season they would get better matching and would not launch platinum guilds into 1000LP league. By using the ranking table for matching they would allow an inherent unfairness in rewards to balance out by end of season. After that they could play with the balance in the different elements of ranking by monitoring how it works.

Kev-

Private
So much for levelling up! Please sort out the match up, stop tinkering Inno 50 mins in we own the Map bar a single sector.......... round over!
I know we really must do better next time that one sector spoiling the white wash.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-07 090050.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 090050.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2023-12-07 090117.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 090117.png
    3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

Are peeps seeing themselves matched up against the same guilds over and over again? At least for us, it is a very obvious lopsided matchmaking, we have had two of the guilds we have on the map now, 2 and 3 times before respectively during this championship. Also had another one twice. But haven’t seen our biggest competitors even once, while they, by contrast, have had each other a full 3 times now. Kind of tough on one of them who couldn’t win, so end up with 3 wins, the other one also had no chance to go up against us so we both end up with 6 wins and it comes down to vps. Doesn’t quite feel like it worked out as it maybe was intended.

Last edited by a moderator:

harold mouse

Corporal
Are peeps seeing themselves matched up against the same guilds over and over again? At least for us, it is a very obvious lopsided matchmaking, we have had two of the guilds we have on the map now, 2 and 3 times before respectively during this championship. Also had another one twice. But haven’t seen our biggest competitors even once, while they, by contrast, have had each other a full 3 times now. Kind of tough on one of them who couldn’t win, so end up with 3 wins, the other one also had no chance to go up against us so we both end up with 6 wins and it comes down to vps. Doesn’t quite feel like it worked out as it maybe was intended.

It is random. Controlled by luck not intent or design. Essentially unpredictable and generally produces lopsided results, no matter that the probabilities are even. We have been lucky. Three seasons now without meeting any of the top three, and only one meeting with the fourth strongest guild. We should end up with two wins, whereas I anticipated none at start of the championship when I realised that Inno had not changed matchmaking. It is really is time time game designers twigged the fact that the RNG can only be expected to give unfair results.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Ok, time to give more feedback, 5 seasons ago I came in here, expecting real competitiveness out of the championship structure, and have said that Inno is going in the right direction, 5 seasons later, I'v come to re-evaluate my feedback ... and here it is ...

Guild Battlegrounds rework: Another failure by Inno games devs, so what has happened on Greinfetal?

well, on season 1 of the re-work, Lords of War were met with FightClub, essentially FightClub is the only guild on the server which can generally take on LoW and defeat them, our score in GBG currently is 1:1, we got defeated in the old format, and in the new format FC got defeated, so ... season 1 of the championship, we got met with our strongest opponent, defeated them, and next 5 seasons, we were matched with silver to bronze league quality guilds, and had the most boring experience EVER in GBG, literally, half of the guild is not even bothering to play, during the entire course of the championship, considering that FC is top 2 atm, and has 4 wins, while LoW has 5 wins, and considering that FC actually has a 500K VP lead on LoW, everyone was expecting a re-match before the end of the championship, or at least at the end of the championship, but instead, we were again matched with silver / bronze league guilds, and as a consequence, both LoW and FC got the level 2 Champions Tower and what transcribed in the championship didn't matter one bit, as LoW already completed ours before the start of the last season in the championship, by not matching us for a re-match FC was deprived of the opportunity to flip the championship and win, as if in the re-match they won, we'd have the same # of wins but they would have 500K VP over us and they would have won, we would have lost ... if that was to happen ofc, while if LoW would have won the re-match, FC would be deprived of a lvl 2 tower and LoW would be the only guild on the server with a level 2 tower ... high pressure, high tension, lots to lose on both sides, ... would have been lots of fun ... instead ... we again have another boring season, Inno has failed at making GBG better, and most guilds on most servers are back to swapping sectors, even my guild on Rugnir has given up competing vs the stronger opponent, and has simply agreed to swap ... seriously, you would think that introducing a championship would have some logic in it, and that it would really be competitive, because we were matched with many other guilds 2 times, pretty much with everyone we got matched with, except FC, which noob decided to make a championship which you can win the entire championship on season 1? which noob decided to make a championship where the entire server is in the same championship? Wouldn't it be more logical that you have multiple championships on the same server, similar to real "football leagues" where you have a set of guilds in 1 championship, that rotate and compete against each other for 6 seasons for the throne? where you have to win 5 out of 6, and where you have a guarantee of a re-match vs the same opponent to get a chance to flip the championship? do you guys understand on how many levels you have failed? this is an embarrassment, and a total disappointment ...

Inno should really consider replacing the entire management and development team, and hire people who actually have a understanding of competitive game-play and match-making, as in both itterations of trying to create a league / competitive structure, Inno has utterly failed... with the deletion of GvG, i have no more reasons to look forward to playing this game, as the game has 0 competition, and is utterly starting to get boring ...

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
It is random. Controlled by luck not intent or design. Essentially unpredictable and generally produces lopsided results, no matter that the probabilities are even. We have been lucky. Three seasons now without meeting any of the top three, and only one meeting with the fourth strongest guild. We should end up with two wins, whereas I anticipated none at start of the championship when I realised that Inno had not changed matchmaking. It is really is time time game designers twigged the fact that the RNG can only be expected to give unfair results.
This is what's to be expected when almost everything in the game has been turned over to RNG (random) instead of strategy. Old school players preferred gvg partly for this reason, you decide where to land, what to take, what to leave, and 80 fights is 80 fights for everyone without random modifiers. Of course that's about to be extinct.

The complaints people keep have about the matchmaking is because GBG is a cage fight where we're forced into a random position, and the matches are more or less random too, because we know the 1000 LP system doesn't differentiate well between guild numbers/fight abilities.

I'm not sure if the game should be renamed Forge of Random or Forge of Fragments, but either one fits.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
This is what's to be expected when almost everything in the game has been turned over to RNG (random) instead of strategy. Old school players preferred gvg partly for this reason, you decide where to land, what to take, what to leave, and 80 fights is 80 fights for everyone without random modifiers. Of course that's about to be extinct.

The complaints people keep have about the matchmaking is because GBG is a cage fight where we're forced into a random position, and the matches are more or less random too, because we know the 1000 LP system doesn't differentiate well between guild numbers/fight abilities.

I'm not sure if the game should be renamed Forge of Random or Forge of Fragments, but either one fits.
that is because Inno game designers understand nothing about match-making or competitive game-play, as they keep proving over and over again, Inno game devs have as much understanding of competitive game play and match-making as their CM's and Mods understand the community, in other words, they are clueless and totally separated from what the community wants, it's like the communication between the players and what the players want and need, and the devs doesn't exist, honestly, biggest embarrassment by Inno so far, as they promised something, and then failed to deliver, I repeat, Lords of War won this championship on season 1, and were matched with silver to bronze league quality guilds since ..

Grof Z

Corporal
If you think CM's and Mods do not understand the community you are as clueless as those you accuse of being so.
We all think like this ... just you live in your bubble clouds.
Give us DISLIKE option ... so U can see what ppl actually think about updates ...
when u just have "LIKE" button ... its not repreZentable :)

Timeshift

Private
We were neck and neck for first place with another guild for the first five seasons. The matching should put the top guilds against each other. We were hoping to get our arch rivals in the final season, but instead we are totally dominating a map of weaker guilds in the most boring season ever. If we don't dominate the map we risk losing on VPs. It's much more boring than swapping, and rotten for the lower guilds as well as us. In swaps we always left some sectors for the smaller guilds. Play top seeds against each other instead of random matching and it will be much more fun.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
If you think CM's and Mods do not understand the community you are as clueless as those you accuse of being so.
there is nobody more clueless in the team then yourself, you give such bad advice that it's a disgrace that you have still your status, as mods are supposed to know the game, concluding from your past comments and advice to users, you obviously don't, and the way you treat users is a disgrace to your company and frankly we are surprised you lasted this long without getting fired, we have years of screenshots of your abuse towards users ... but yes, like Grof Z said, give us a dislike button so that you can see the truth of how clueless both you and your team are about what the community wants, why do you think that the majority of FoE Community has moved away from Inno forums and started private Discord communities? to run away from abusive mods like yourself, you won't find real honest feedback on these forums, because when you get honest feedback you Knight of ICE, edit users messages and edit out parts you don't like, and censor users, the real feedback is on Discord, where you have no power over the users messaging, and the love for your bad game designs is shown there pretty much every single day

you promissed a competitive GBG, instead, you created a system where 1 guild will be dominant on every server, and you gave that guild the ability to win the championship in 1 out of 6 seasons. ... you don't need to win 5 out of 6, you only need to win 1, cuz when you beat your toughest opponent, it's over, without a chance to rematch cuz of stupid randomness, and match-making where Silver and Bronze league guilds get matched with the most dominant guilds in existence, while guilds that are evenly matched like LoW and FC, get matched 2 times in 13 months .... so please, do tell me, what the community wants since your "not clueless", because what you delivered is definitely not what we wanted out of GBG

you'v effectively killed GBG, as now with inability to farm, and no competition, GBG is nothing but a repetitive 5-15 min a day grind, with no purpose or sense, in the old farming format, at least smaller guilds who had 20-25 high active players stood a chance to compete and win, now, they don't ..

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
We were neck and neck for first place with another guild for the first five seasons. The matching should put the top guilds against each other. We were hoping to get our arch rivals in the final season, but instead we are totally dominating a map of weaker guilds in the most boring season ever. If we don't dominate the map we risk losing on VPs. It's much more boring than swapping, and rotten for the lower guilds as well as us. In swaps we always left some sectors for the smaller guilds. Play top seeds against each other instead of random matching and it will be much more fun.
amen to that Timeshift, last 5 seasons have been the most booring experience in GBG ever, as we won the championship on season 1, and have been matched with guilds who belong in Silver at best since, our toughest opponent? don't even get me started on that, in 13 months we have been matched with them only 2 times ... Inno failed to design a proper MMR system in early itteration of GBG, then a rework came, where they matched guilds by guild-id (which was another bad design), then they reverted to the old system, which was completely random and made no sense, and then they introduced a championship, but didn't tweak the match-making system ... 1st fail - strike 1, 2nd fail - strike 2, 3rd fail - your out ... you would think that some genious there would remember to tweak the match-making system so that the championship would MAKE SENSE!

Last edited: