• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Maikeru

Private
You don't need to pay any RL money to do well in GBG - or in the game in general. Yes, in GBG you need guild goods for buildings and maybe diamonds to rush them, but you don't have to BUY anything to get what you need.
Rushing them with Diamonds is the problem buddy. Its how folks are winning rounds. Overall. Build towers everywhere dime repeat all day.

Maikeru

Private
my response is lololololol.. as knight of Ice said probably from the beginning of the gbg.. which you should know yourself since you're in a top 4 guild and in SAT.. nice city by the way although probably time to change out some of the old event buildings for the new :)

I'm pretty sure we were up against you a couple of seasons ago and your guild diamd their way across the map in half an hour..lol

and your other comments all referring to the cost of things in this game and how Inno will lose "80%" of players are a joke they know exactly what % are spending$ and I guarantee you it's way more than 20%..

you don't have to buy diamonds with dollars or pounds.. you can earn them in quests, farm worlds, GE4 worlds and wait on oh yes GbG as well.. I've picked up 1500 this month so far.. how I use them and if I decide to purchase more is up to me.. a choice.. I'm just glad that Inno allows peeps to play this game for free.. it's freakin awesome :)
Day 1 across a map sure whole day lol not a chance. Why where does that come from.

GE does not pay enough anymore neither does GBG.

Farms pay but let me put it into context.

You made 1500 for a month correct.

I can tell you the guild we have atm spent 4165 in 12 hrs.

So again to win it in a fight with one of the top guilds credit card required buddy.

20% is an estimate sure there maybe more you reckon over 50%? doubt it let alone if it was 50% and the other 50% left its gonna be very quiet around here.

The above post is what i have seen first hand this round. I do not blame the guild doing it fair play to them but i do blame inno for implementing such a feature that in the end is going to kill guilds and the game at the top. Then what will everyone do

papashakes

Corporal
So again to win it in a fight with one of the top guilds credit card required buddy.

bro was I not clear enough in saying that? I also said it's your choice to put up the plastic or not.. I was in one of those guilds on G but being able to hit 150 attrition they let me off forking out $.. I did use up what I made from all sources but agreed that I didn't have to touch my bank of diams.. and of that guild of 65, 50 contributed diams so that's 100 each (big expense lol) in 12 hours to more than cover your 4165.. most of those supported with multiple cities not the card.. I'm only on my second about to start third, so by the time I hit 5 in another year or two that will be around 5K diams a month for my main city :)

really though I would think with the new system build your guild field camp in your base at 80%.. wait let other guilds sort it out then make a move from your base with all your members hitting at the same time.. like I said earlier commitment is how it's done.. sure diams and achievable guild attrition help but commitment is the key.. you want to turn up as one or two even five or six players against an organised guild in a race and you'll get your rear end handed to you every time :)

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
20% is an estimate sure there maybe more you reckon over 50%? doubt it let alone if it was 50% and the other 50% left its gonna be very quiet around here.
I doubt that 50% of players even do GBG in the first place - in my guild we don't enforce it, and the proportion is less than that.

Agent327

Overlord
What a winner you are I have no clue what i am talking about.

You are hitting the nail right on the head.

Ahh well shame where the games gone I will sit back and watch as it all unfolds.

Don't hold your breath. Guilds have been using diamonds to conquer the map from the start of GBG and that was 4 years ago.

Rushing them with Diamonds is the problem buddy. Its how folks are winning rounds. Overall. Build towers everywhere dime repeat all day.

It's what they have been doing for 4 years.

No, you can use PayPal as well.

You are really clueless when it comes to what players are willing to pay. On day 1 of the castle system there was a rather large number of players that had it maxed out. You figure out what that did cost them. Maybe that will give you a better idea.

0saka

Private
My feedback is with the cost of the building being so high especially for smaller guild is that these building should guarantee the percentages of each building instead of using the totally unfair way of a percentage of a "chance" meaning you could get very little support from the building you spent thousands of goods on to get the support!!

Your chances of doing well increase when you increase your battle capability. That's a 100% chance of doing better. When you spend goods on a "chance" of doing better, you are asking for something more than you are capable of, it should not be Guaranteed!

And before someone says it's not the same:

Increasing your ability of to go higher in attrition by increasing you battle stats, is the same as a chance of "not" increasing your attrition level with lower battle stats.

Becoming non-dependent on the GbG battle bldgs. will allow you to go much farther.

0saka

Private
Your chances of doing well increase when you increase your battle capability. That's a 100% chance of doing better. When you spend goods on a "chance" of doing better, you are asking for something more than you are capable of, it should not be Guaranteed!

And before someone says it's not the same:

Increasing your ability of to go higher in attrition by increasing you battle stats, is the same as a chance of "not" increasing your attrition level with lower battle stats.

Becoming non-dependent on the GbG battle bldgs. will allow you to go much farther.
My ability is perfectly fine and I can hit high attrition without breaking into a sweat due to the att/def boost I have. but your last sentence is absolute nonsense you get much further if you use the boost buildings... that's what they are there for! If you can hit 500 fights a day without the boost buildings then I would call you a liar

My ability is perfectly fine and I can hit high attrition without breaking into a sweat due to the att/def boost I have. but your last sentence is absolute nonsense you get much further if you use the boost buildings... that's what they are there for! If you can hit 500 fights a day without the boost buildings then I would call you a liar
Why should you be entitled to 500 fights in GbG per day? Use the boost bldgs., but it is a chance to get more fights in NOT a guarantee as you suggested!

And, just for the record, my attrition level is 120 at the current time.

Ev4ma

Captain
500 fights a day is around 100 - 120 attrition a day. Without boost buildings I can do 100 - 110 attrition, with them I can go upwards of 120 attrition.

0saka

Private
Why should you be entitled to 500 fights in GbG per day? Use the boost bldgs., but it is a chance to get more fights in NOT a guarantee as you suggested!

And, just for the record, my attrition level is 120 at the current time.
Im in a guild of 3 people so if we didn't do lots of fights we would be stuck in the corner sucking our thumbs.
I didn't suggest it was a guarantee I said it should be a guarantee. 60% of a chance can equate to nothing as its just a chance, where as 60% reduction in attrition going up is 60% and is accountable.
Oh and just for the record i have no problem hitting 130 attrition not that that matters

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

Coming to the end of season 5 in this format and the need for change is urgent. 7 guilds on the board, 7 guilds have built HQ buildings and have taken some sectors. Looks like success? Think again. 4 guilds are vying for spots 5-7. They can’t win. But note, they are not competing for 2-4. That is the complete absurdity of the system such as it has been devised. And none of this is down to there not being fights available, half of the board is open at any given time, their support is left if they have it, and they deliberately do not tip a sector. Those 4 guilds are, according to the current completely skewed championship ranking, ranked 9, 12, 13 and 20 in my world. On the only ranking people will see once the Gvg-based ranking is removed. The only guilds in that rank, besides 1-3, that actually can fight to win a 1000 lp board, and would, are ranked 10 and 11 (based on one win each) and 22-24 (no wins). They would beat these four guilds we have on the board and even the two others any day, and do, coming 2nd-4th. Yet, for some reason only known to devs, this system was not addressed, deliberately, as per the announcement regarding feedback on feedback. Among those more active guilds who would always fight but can’t win a season more than occasionally, interest is down, and interest among those who are competing for the championship and its main prize will most likely also vane, because facing this kind of competition for weeks is boring.

Suggestions for improvement and much more equitable ranking

- Limit the diamond league to max 2 full boards, 16 guilds, and base the Championship main ranking on the internal victories and vps within that group.
- Increase the prize available within that group, and reduce it commensurately from the next tier down, to incentivise competition rather than the race to be relegated.
- The alternative, as has been said before, is to only count 1000 lps as diamond, remove the Championship tower from the pool available for any guild below 1000 lps.
- In conjunction with that, as has also been said before, weight vps and victories achieved in lower tiers/leagues differently, so there is no automatic carry over to top league.
- There have been other suggestions of how to place guilds in leagues, this current one is not working.

The only option I see is to make the seasons significantly shorter. If this is the main event, waiting for Guild Raids, and as an event it is a busted flush from the first hour of the first day or in the very best scenario, on the first Monday morning, give us an option to stop the season or freeze the board as it is. If ranking and championship is the main concern here, there is no point in keeping seasons such as our current one running for 11 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

harold mouse

Corporal
All popular suggestions and feedback are certainly considered, and this topic is far from closed so expect also to see more communication on this in future. I'm not able to comment on what may change or will not change, as this is to be decided by game design. I should also say that as we are a live online game with regular updates, we have schedule and version limitations which mean that sometimes changes can be a bit slower than a game which is already a finished product. As we come to the end of the year however, we certainly will be putting a big emphasis on reflecting on the feedback, and from a Support Team perspective, we will be ensuring to refine and reiterate the important feedback points, and put additional focus on ensuring the current pain points are well understood by game design.

I would like to believe that this is true, but I do not understand why Inno have not acted on years of feedback about the GBG mismatching system, which Inno have simply kept. It has always been the most pressing thing which needed to be changed in GBG. Any game is better for well matched competition and GBG is no exception, as we know from rare seasons in which the current random system does produce a reasonable match.

Nothing in the reasons you gave in your response to feed back makes any sense to me. I appreciate that Inno want a matchmaking system which mixes things up a bit, not to have a repetitive matching of the same guilds as would be the case with a simple ladder, but I do not understand why you say "It is possible that the current system is the most suitable for the current state of the feature". Has it not always been obvious that far too many LPs are awarded for positions in the table? Inno would get far better matching, and still mix things up, simply by dividing the LPs awarded by a factor of 5 (or thereabouts).

It is not just that "top-tier guilds may desire stronger opponents for a more challenging experience". What about the overpromoted guilds coming to 1000LP league where they have a miserable time unable to make hits because they are locked in their base? The new GBG mitigates that a bit, but it does not remove the problem. Why would you want to give yo-yo guilds seasons which alternate between dull, against much weaker opposition, and unpleasant, against much stronger guilds?

Why do Inno "...believe it is necessary to closely monitor and evaluate the impact of the recent update over an extended time period before considering any adjustments to the matchmaking system"? Inno have had years to monitor the LP system. Could you not see that it does not work? It has been a matter for constant complaint in threads and has given Inno a reputation for not listening to feedback. Wouldn't it be better to monitor it after making changes? Then Inno could look for further improvement.

Why do you say "designing a matchmaking system that caters to all types of player groups is a complex challenge" when Inno already have designed *two* matchmaking systems which would give significant improvement? I have already said that Inno could simply divide LPs awarded by a factor of maybe five, but it would be better also to use the new ranking table for matchmaking. We have seen how this unfairly demotes strong guilds who maintain 1000LPs below yo-yo guilds, and deprives them of tower fragments. If the ranking table were used for matchmaking Inno would still be mixing things up, and these guilds would get a fair chance of wins to move up the table and earn fragments. This is probably the unique way in which a fair result, in keeping with the new rewards and ranking system, might be achieved by the end of each championship.

This might not be perfect, as there is almost certainly balancing to be done between the elements which go to ranking. But if Inno don't make the change and monitor the result, they won't know how to best balance those elements.

Last edited:

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
The current ranking clearly needs changing. Here's part of the Guild Ranking in Mount Killmore:
FoE Guild Ranking Current.png

And here's the current GbG round (Diamond League) in that same world:
FoE GbG current round.png

For the record, our guild started with just nine members that could contribute to GbG, but only six have actually contributed (and that's after one of our biggest GbG contributors left the game after the last GbG round). For comparison World Trader have 80 current members, and I assume they had around 80 from the start. They are clearly much stronger than us, plus they have more victories and more VP, yet they are ranked lower just because they have slightly less LP.

At the start of the round we built buildings, but we stopped doing that when it became clear that there's no point and we'll be wasting resources. Even so we are on the way to finishing third. In Diamond League. 500 Fragments for almost free. Unless another guild decides to do a last-minute rush, which seems highly unlikely.

One more time, the current ranking needs changing. So does the current matchmaking.

Vesiger

Monarch
4 guilds are vying for spots 5-7. They can’t win. But note, they are not competing for 2-4. That is the complete absurdity of the system such as it has been devised.
Doesn't that suggest that guilds are not actually being motivated by the ranking system or the desire to win league points, but simply by the desire to compete, if they are clearly throwing effort into outmanoeuvring one another for a win with no objective reward?

Deleted member 127677

Doesn't that suggest that guilds are not actually being motivated by the ranking system or the desire to win league points, but simply by the desire to compete, if they are clearly throwing effort into outmanoeuvring one another for a win with no objective reward?
I’m not sure I would call it a desire to compete, since they are actually trying to be relegated to lower dime. For… increased competition? A win against weaker guilds? A win that also would give them ranking, in the current system, as they would end up getting more wins than the bigger and more competitive guilds who likewise can’t win 1000 lp but aren’t quite willing (and not everyone is able either) to just drop down to 901-999 bracket. And a better prize than anyone bar those who won their 1000 lp 3 times will get. It’s a flaw in the system such as it is now. Doesn’t matter if you don’t care about whether you are ranked 25th or 5th, but it does to those who do care. And since we’re talking change here, let’s get a properly functioning change.

Vesiger

Monarch
they are actually trying to be relegated to lower dime.
Not if they are competing to score *higher* than the other three, rather than all trying to score zero and thus get relegated (which would require no investment at all)...
Doesn’t matter if you don’t care about whether you are ranked 25th or 5th, but it does to those who do care
Clearly it matters very much to those who do care (and whom you report are prepared to opt out altogether rather than score lower than they feel they deserve). But it does suggest that this is unlikely to kill off GBG altogether, in that it would appear to be an issue that only affects a couple of dozen of the very most competitive guilds who set great store by their position...

Deleted member 127677

it would appear to be an issue that only affects a couple of dozen of the very most competitive guilds who set great store by their position...
I guess. It’s hard to see how it will become anything but the occasional competition moving forward, or the swap/fp bank it was, even if only on a smaller scale, if nothing changes in the championship ranking system or how rewards are given for it.

Malynn

Corporal
Not sure if this has already been raised or brought to the attention of the Devs:
Has anyone noticed that since the changes To GbG, you no longer obtain Supplies as a reward. You can obtain everything else: FP,s, Diamonds, Goods, Units, Gold, Building Fragments etc. BUT NOT SUPPLIES.
I suspected this in previous rounds (seasons) of GbG, so this last round (seasons) I have kept a close eye on what rewards I have been obtaining and having completed over 4,500 fights this season and not once did I receive Supplies as a reward.