• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

What you are describing, KoA, is precisely how it looks and will continue to function unless it’s grasped immediately rather than in 3 years’ time. When who knows how fed up those guilds who can get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th pretty consistently in upper diamond (the *only* diamond, in my view) will be feeling and how much they care to even try.
Im just stunned how a "GBG specific" "league table" is worked out lol Better to have no league table (as really they are just for bragging rights) or perhaps a league table for EACH league where u keep your VPs earned in that league only, so if you go up to diamond you go into differet league table and start from 0 VPs (this would mean NO refresh of VPs after 6 weeks, that would actually show how good in each league you really are) that would work better, and maybe get less frags for winning a lesser league that also makes sense (rather than no frags that i mentioned before), the way this league table works/looks is horrendous and I say again as its important it impacts recruitment (as players will look at this league table as a barometer of a successful GBG guild) which is a guilds life soul for longevity and prospective competitiveness.

Deleted member 127677

Im just stunned how a "GBG specific" "league table" is worked out lol Better to have no league table (as really they are just for bragging rights) or perhaps a league table for EACH league where u keep your VPs earned in that league only, so if you go up to diamond you go into differet league table and start from 0 VPs (this would mean NO refresh of VPs after 6 weeks, that would actually show how good in each league you really are) that would work better, and maybe get less frags for winning a lesser league that also makes sense (rather than no frags that i mentioned before), the way this league table works/looks is horrendous and I say again as its important it impacts recruitment (as players will look at this league table as a barometer of a successful GBG guild) which is a guilds life soul for longevity and prospective competitiveness.
Yes, looking at it now, it is skewed, and promotes the kind of behaviour nobody wants to see. Most players are aware of how guilds have done over time in Gbg, so maybe the recruitment issue is not so important in the end, but certainly seeing a table that truly reflects capacity would be a better start for this new type, rather than something that doesn’t differentiate between league difficulty or true capacity.

Ev4ma

Captain
For diamond league it should be made for balancing reasons that every guild must compete against each other so that first is truely reflective, maybe even more than once

there is differentiation in the guild tab tbf, you can see by way of participation trophies (or symbols cant remember) where the guild belongs, this is great..but then to have all the guilds in one league in a mish mash doesnt follow on from this newish feature (was just GE trophies a while back)l..im proud that my guild has only fought in diamond league..but would have hoped the league table rankings of those GBG participation visuals would back this up...sadly not at all

Mennolly

Private
The update has not solved the issues with GbG. On one world, within 20 mins of GbG round starting one guild held more than 20 sectors. If the attrition and building costs were meant to slow them down, it clearly doesn't work. It makes you wonder how any guild can take so many so quickly with the increase in costs plus the attrition being capped. The developers need to take a closer look at the GbG logs to work out how to fix the problems. Not just throw changes at it which clearly dont work.

Nidwin

Sergeant
The update has not solved the issues with GbG. On one world, within 20 mins of GbG round starting one guild held more than 20 sectors. If the attrition and building costs were meant to slow them down, it clearly doesn't work. It makes you wonder how any guild can take so many so quickly with the increase in costs plus the attrition being capped. The developers need to take a closer look at the GbG logs to work out how to fix the problems. Not just throw changes at it which clearly dont work.
This can't be fixed because it's player behavior.
How do you expect Inno to fix monster guilds having an x amount of players setting alarms every 4 hours to go kill critters hiding in sectors in GbG?
How can Inno fix Thursday morning 09:00+ rush when probably some dudes at work go to the men's room with their mobile to help killing the first wave of critters hiding in sectors at nearly the speed of light clicking?
I wouldn't be surprised that those guilds have the 03:00 (middle of the night) sectors hiding critters battalion killers telling their wife after the alarm rings, "Duty calls my dear, brb".

This can't be fixed.

Sacahari3l

Private
How do you expect Inno to fix monster guilds having an x amount of players setting alarms every 4 hours to go kill critters hiding in sectors in GbG?
How can Inno fix Thursday morning 09:00+ rush when probably some dudes at work go to the men's room with their mobile to help killing the first wave of critters hiding in sectors at nearly the speed of light clicking?
I wouldn't be surprised that those guilds have the 03:00 (middle of the night) sectors hiding critters battalion killers telling their wife after the alarm rings, "Duty calls my dear, brb".

This can't be fixed.
That's the difference between good guild and a bad guild.
If your guild have well developed players which generates 4-6k guild goods per day, can fight far beyond 100 attrition, willing to log in whenever it's necessary and have a lot of diamonds than of course you should absolutely demolish your competition.
The only change this rework did was increase the amount of goods to build support structures, increase the cost of diamonds to finish them and significantly lower amount of fights for the most active players.
So the diffence between strong and weak diamond guilds is even more visible as you have higher costs to cover and all the heavy lifting can no be done by several individuals.

harold mouse

Corporal
How can a top 5 GBG Guild end up below guilds that will yoyo? If they are top 5 they have won their battleground last season. Bit premature to expect not to repeat that and consider to drop to get an easier season next time, when they can win in the top as well.
I hope you have revised what you said here, because it showed no grasp of the system as it now is. By a top 5 guild Archie meant the five strongest. As things are now only the top two are also top two of the rankings. The other three of the top five started the season outside of the top ten of the rankings, and are pretty much consigned to remain outside the top ten.

The remaining top three of the rankings won much weaker leagues. It should be obvious that far from being able to win again, against much stronger opposition, they will do well to finish out of the bottom two and will likely yo-yo down to platinum.

Yes, looking at it now, it is skewed, and promotes the kind of behaviour nobody wants to see. Most players are aware of how guilds have done over time in Gbg, so maybe the recruitment issue is not so important in the end, but certainly seeing a table that truly reflects capacity would be a better start for this new type, rather than something that doesn’t differentiate between league difficulty or true capacity.
Maybe the answer is to have just 1 diamond league 901+ is diamond...no differentiation in level of diamond so all may get some easy seasons, would still have crazy platinums high up in rankings as a win is god, but at least they dont get frags to put them off manipulating? or give anything below diamond its own mish mash league..ranking resets every 6 months of something

Kev-

Private
If your guild have well developed players which generates 4-6k guild goods per day, can fight far beyond 100 attrition, willing to log in whenever it's necessary and have a lot of diamonds than of course you should absolutely demolish your competition.
The only change this rework did was increase the amount of goods to build support structures, increase the cost of diamonds to finish them and significantly lower amount of fights for the most active players.
So the diffence between strong and weak diamond guilds is even more visible as you have higher costs to cover and all the heavy lifting can no be done by several individuals.
And this is exactly what Inno were warned would happen right from the Beta trial making the strong stronger and the weak Guild or player weaker. Further this gulf between abilities will only get worse over the weeks and months as active Guilds weed out there weaker members to be replaced by active fighters. Eventually you'll have a scenario of each world having a small nucleus of untouchable mega Guilds and the rest. Any chance of these other Guilds or individuals climbing up to the top tier has now gone due the number of fights those guys are now able to get unless they are willing to pay mega bucks for diamonds.

kingofbrits

Private
I think you're bang on the money. Our round is pretty much the same as before, 2 big guilds dominating, 3rd guild doing what they can but just can't compete as member participation must be low, the rest chipping away when they can, but they have low membership numbers so even with max attrition they blow out pretty quick, may take a couple of 4th tiers sectors.
The biggest difference for the big 2 guilds is it's now slow and boring, its changed from Blitzkrieg to trench warfare.

If i can feedback from internal discussions of a guild of 80 active players, you've sucked the fun out of it for us. We can cope with costs, attrition cap is fine across the guild, just adds frustration when someone wants to play on their lunch break but attrition climbs too quick or if someone does have a lot of time to play, they can't, as you can spend a days attrition in no time, sectors are being taken but at a snails pace, it's just a slog. i can see why elephant racing never took off!!

If any of the developers do actually read this thread, get Space age space hub done ASAP! New GbG in SAT is doubly painful.

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 16.37.26.jpeg

Kev-

Private
Ours even more one sided, second and third are only where they are because we're holding sectors feeding them support to keep any sort on sector turnover going.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-18 172639.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-18 172639.png
    89 KB · Views: 43

kingofbrits

Private
Guess we're lucky to have another strong guild! Sure our time will come where we're matched with 5 guilds unable to do much. Atleast in the old rules, if they had 2 or 3 active players they could turn the sectors over reasonably regularly. never thought deleting buildings would actually help an enemy guild!! lol

Knight of ICE

I hope you have revised what you said here, because it showed no grasp of the system as it now is.

I do not have to revise anything, cause it shows I have perfect grasp of the sytem as it is now.

By a top 5 guild Archie meant the five strongest. As things are now only the top two are also top two of the rankings.

The only top 5 there is, is the top 5 ranking based on GvG. Anything else is perception of what you believe are the strongest Guilds. There is no ranking based on GBG to confirm that until now, so the current ranking is the top 5. Not what you or anyone else thinks should be in the top 5. If it turns out Guilds that drop a league to remain in the top 5 and can successfully do so, they deserve to be there, cause they found a strategy that works. The ranking is there to show what Guilds can do in GBG. Not to come up with what you believe are the strongest Guilds.

Emberguard

Legend
For diamond league it should be made for balancing reasons that every guild must compete against each other so that first is truely reflective, maybe even more than once

I would have no issue with this providing we're not sticking to a 2-week schedule. If it were 1-3 days per season and then get new Guilds to face up against, maybe that'd be quick enough of a turnaround to not take forever to find a winner. But would need to know the exact numbers of Platinum and Diamond Guilds (as Platinum would be included due to being bumped up to Diamond during that period)

Deleted member 127677

My guild does that. It reflects more on the other guilds on the map than on that guild, to be fair. They will just have had more people on, and managed to share attrition to work through those sectors. You haven’t mentioned how they fared later in the day, which is what is at stake here. Those players who will have started may no longer be able to continue fighting through the day, then the question becomes whether that guild has any more players to continue. Or whether the opponents have the strength to get out and take their sectors.

Deleted member 127677

This can't be fixed.
You make it sound like active guilds with coverage across the time zones is an anomaly. Or that guilds whose players want to get a good start to the season is something that needs fixing. If people want to play, and can, why shouldn’t they? Big and active guilds did not spring out of nothing, and now there is a feature that allows truly collaborative guilds to show what they can do. Why would that need fixing?

Deleted member 127677

Maybe the answer is to have just 1 diamond league 901+ is diamond...no differentiation in level of diamond so all may get some easy seasons, would still have crazy platinums high up in rankings as a win is god, but at least they dont get frags to put them off manipulating? or give anything below diamond its own mish mash league..ranking resets every 6 months of something
For me, the answer is, no lower diamond league. Diamond league should only be 1000 lps. My world currently has 29 1000 lp guilds, and a further 22 in lower dimes. If you remove those 22 and make a third tier ‘super platinum’ where they can instead play against other platinum guilds, you have solved the issue of too many weak diamond league guilds. If you also make sure that anyone below 1000 lps don’t get diamond league rewards, you also incentivise those who maybe want them to get to 1000 lps, rather than have the complaints about it being forced on them. I would have thought that increasing the pool of platinum guilds could also serve to also make sure that only a handful end up rising to 1000 lps in any given season, and hence reduce the number that actively try to drop down to the easier diamond league too. Maybe get a bit more activity on the 1000 lp boards from those who now sit in their corners by choice.

Deleted member 127677

If it turns out Guilds that drop a league to remain in the top 5 and can successfully do so, they deserve to be there, cause they found a strategy that works. The ranking is there to show what Guilds can do in GBG.
Right on the money. What they can do = game the system, because the system is flawed from the outset. You have blamed what was wrong with the previous system on player behaviour, here is your one weak point in this system, evident for all to see already, but here it equates to ‘what they can do’, in your words?

Last edited by a moderator: