• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Great Building Contribution Window

eeyore

Corporal
USELESS!! Who on earth has been employed recently to make all those silly changes! Sorry, but I wasted stored Forgepoints and the new design is entirely dyslexic unfriendly (non-compliant).
It's confusing. In addition the game is now sticky, suffering from a huge array of memory drain due to the various additional windows.

Have been a player since November 2012 and I am saddened by the blatant disregard.
Inno, very sorry, has FAILED AGAIN.

you forgot to add a window to buy forge points with gold, not just diamonds
Yes, and forgot the window to warn that you may use up saved up FPs

oh this is becoming annoying, it seems the add fps can not discriminate between taking packs from inventory and fps from bar, if you start with packs and switch to bar, possibly the other way around too.
Why oh why are you using those of us who are unlucky enough to be given this new system as beta testers, when you have a beta server for testing stuff BEFORE implementation.
Bad code being pushed live, despite complaints on the beta server.
You have basically hijacked my account for testing purposes without my consent. If I wanted to be a beta tester I would have signed up to the beta server.
Somebody stated in their contribution here that it was "idiotic programming". I reckon they have employed some fancy upstart who wants to shine by putting out fancy little "improvement" to impress the board of directors or something. Shocking!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16126

Most of all I'm disappointed that they are not able to give this benefit to everyone at the same time. This game has become a FP pushing game, so allowing some players to push 3 times faster than others is a disaster.
Yesterday I started donating donating to a GB, where you could get profit and I was just just overtaken by someone that could donate 3 times faster than myself.
I'm happy that they finally closed the door for those idiots that were able to donate 400 FP's from their bar at once,
In a game where they implemented timers for every single object , it seems to be too hard to implement a single addition of 3 numbers per player at once...

DeletedUser107036

How you dare to discriminate players?! I'm so pissed off.... grrrrrrrrr At least you could add it to my mobile version

On a positive note 1st: Yes the new window makes it easier to spend your fps in less clicks. BUT, now the negative note: The way that 2fp packs, then 5fp packs are used up first totally sucks.
Now we need to keep tabs on the exact amount of each fp pack we have in the inventory to avoid making mistakes. This defeats the purpose of this "improvement". Having unknowingly burnt up my small change earlier today I was about to spend 1 more fp and head out the door. I spent the fp and then realised it had just put 9 more on the bar, so I had to figure out where I was going to spend them. Stupid system. Yes I can avoid this in the future but it is totally avoidable by proper design as has been pointed out:

The following buttons are needed:
Use 1fp (from bar), Use 2fp pack, Use 5fp pack, Use 10fp pack, Use all fps on the bar.

The "use fp pack" buttons should also show how many packs in inventory. The + button could also be used to open the buy with coins/diamonds option.

All that we needed was the words "Use 1 Forge Point' & Use x Forge Points" to say

"Use 1 FP" & "Use x FP" and Then add more buttons -- "Use 10 FP" (1 -10fp pack of course) & "Use 50 FP" (5 -10fp packs of course)

That's what we all wanted and asked for in various ways - too bad our experience counts for nothing when it comes to "Idea Suggestions"

It's too bad the developers don't spend "Any time" actually playing the game they are developing. If they did, this absurdity would never have been conceived, let alone implemented!

OR:

Maybe it's an outright attempt to destroy the FP Inventory advantage that us long time players have.
They already stopped giving "Packs" in all other areas of the game: GE, Treasure Hunt, & maybe elsewhere.

The "Only" place to get FP packs is now from GB's and this new system is the perfect way to deplete the inventory that we all have. That really does make more sense if we are trying to understand why such a system was conceived in the 1st place & then implemented.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110982

My thoughts on the new GB contribution window... both from a PC standpoint, and in my case, an iPad tablet...

I don't mind the Overview tab; this is consistent with the Level tab from the Guild window. The only thing missing here that would be nice would be a countdown timer for the next collection. You can hover over the GB on the PC to get the countdown timer, but the countdown is not available for a mobile at all, so this might be a good location.

As for the Level Up tab, it does not follow the basic user interface principles for GUI design in terms of spacing and positioning, size, and intuitiveness. This is especially true on the mobile platform, but also true on the PC platform. Functionality that was available previously is also lacking on the PC platform.

PC Platform
1. The PC version is generally fine, however, the "Spend Forge Points" section on the Level Up tab is lacking in functionality and intuitiveness. Users should not be clicking on buttons and realizing what the button actually does (i.e. take from their FP packs, and in what order) after the fact. When a user considers the outcome of the button a "mistake", then the button functionality is not intuitive and needs to be fixed.

2. The + sign functionality is no longer available. The + sign from the GB contribution window was extremely useful and provided access for buying FPs using coins or diamonds, or using the various FP packs that the user had in inventory, all under the user's control. Removing this functionality that was used by many users and replacing this functionality with non-intuitive buttons is poor design.

3. Adding additional buttons in this section, as suggested by other users in this forum, is undesirable as it would make this section too cluttered, use too much real estate, and is overall a poor GUI design. I think what would be best is the "Use 1 FP" button (from the FP bar, as from the old GB contribution window), a new "Use 10 FPs" (from the FP bar; it would be grayed out if the FP bar does not have 10 available), "Use x FPs" (from the FP bar, as implemented in the old GB window and the new one), and the + sign (as from the old GB window) to access the FP packs in the user's inventory or buy additional FPs via coin or diamonds. Also in this section would be the diamond "Level Instantly" button. Therefore, all that is added is the + sign in terms of real estate used in the new GB contribution window.

4. In the "Current Ranking" section on the Level Up tab, the grid taking up the entire horizontal area is good, as it provides more space for displaying contributing players' longer names. It is also a good size, as it provides enough information on the contributors (5-6 players).

Mobile Platform
1. On the Level Up tab, the amount of real estate the "Spend Forge Points" section uses on the iPad is too much. The "Current Ranking" section becomes too small to be useful, as it barely shows 2 contributors before having to scroll. Basic user interface principles generally have different design principles between platforms, in particular mobile vs PC, as mobile devices have smaller real estate. So in this instance, it is poor design to have this window look and feel the same across platforms.

2. There is the same lack of intuitiveness of the buttons here as in the PC platform.

3. The Level Up tab is inconsistent with the design on the mobile's version of the Guild window. Both the Profile tab and the Treasury tab provide a left to right design, which allows for a longer grid to display players (Profile tab), and Treasury Goods (Treasury tab). If made consistent, the number of contribution players in the GB contribution window would be more than the 2 full players displayed in the new GB contribution window. The buttons would therefore be either on the left of the grid, or the right; whichever is preferred. Here, also, would be the same buttons from the PC platform - "Use 1 FP" (from the FP bar, as from the old GB contribution window), a new "Use 10 FP" (from the FP bar; it would be grayed out if the FP bar does not have 10 available), the "Use x FP" (from the FP bar, as on the old GB window and new GB window), and ideally a + sign as the PC platform version has. Also in this section would be the diamond "Level Instantly" button.

DeletedUser16126

What is nerving me most today is that the lag on the donations on the old interface is terrible today... and the game crashes a lot today. I was wondering why this simple feature was on beta for a very long time before I got here...
Probably they knew that this part of SW was full of memory leaks and bad design causing the game to degrade...

When we were asking to give us back the original game, then for once they listened to us... The contineous crashing feature is at least back!

DeletedUser4727

Hi all,

Thanks once again for all your detailed feedback, it's greatly appreciated that we're seeing so much comments on this thread to shape the feature further, and make improvements. I like the ideas suggested in here about having more control over which FP packs are used, although I won't comment on the technical feasibility of this change, simply because I dont know.

Again, I appreciate that not everyone is happy with how the rollout has been handled on EN. I also understand that it is frustrating for some to feel that the Beta server isn't serving it's purpose (as a former Beta CM, I totally appreciate this), but simply put, the wealth of feedback we can gain from here compared to Beta is really significant.

Keep the comments coming, I am ensuring that it is all being read and fed back.

Richard

Boorg

Captain
I like the ideas suggested in here about having more control over which FP packs are used, although I won't comment on the technical feasibility of this change, simply because I dont know.

With due respect nobody is asking for something new, all we are asking for is to retain what we had in the previous version – control over which FP packs are used – only the + button would need to be added, so I can’t see any drastic change that could cause technical feasibility problems.

Plus having the Add 1 FP button to only use FPs form the FP bar as it was in the previous version and changing the Add 10 FP button functionality to use only 10 FP packs.

Only one button would need to be added and two small changes to two of the existing buttons. Most of the coding is already available on the previous version.

Thank you that’s good to know.

DeletedUser110969

Early game player, not technically minded...but: couldn't you just have two selections that give a total? One selection from your bar, and one from your inventory? Example: "3" from your bar, and "20" from your inventory (2x10 packs), and it asks you want to spend 23 total? click confirm (just like when spending diamonds) and done! This gives you optimal speed, and complete control of exactly how many FP's you use and where they come from, and it shouldn't matter if you are spending 5 points or 5000 (other than the time it takes to type the last 3 0's...).

DeletedUser106862

Semi-useful feature. It would be better if it could use 5 points OR 10 points.
My Guild has a Forge Points Swap scheme where we build up each others GBs. the donor getting 5 in return for the 5 given. The bonus is the levelling-up prize.
We did discuss 10 point swaps, but felt 10 was too many for lower age players to join in.

DeletedUser4727

With due respect nobody is asking for something new, all we are asking for is to retain what we had in the previous version – control over which FP packs are used – only the + button would need to be added, so I can’t see any drastic change that could cause technical feasibility problems.

Plus having the Add 1 FP button to only use FPs form the FP bar as it was in the previous version and changing the Add 10 FP button functionality to use only 10 FP packs.

Only one button would need to be added and two small changes to two of the existing buttons. Most of the coding is already available on the previous version.

Thank you that’s good to know.
Thanks for your response. I get that, but Im also not willing to commit myself to "It's there so should be easy" when really I have no idea :) I'd look rather foolish if I said, that's a piece of cake, and it turned out not to be.

Boorg

Captain
Thanks for your response. I get that, but Im also not willing to commit myself to "It's there so should be easy" when really I have no idea :) I'd look rather foolish if I said, that's a piece of cake, and it turned out not to be.

Many thanks for your reply. In no way am I expecting you to commit yourself with such comments. I’m aware that probably none of us know exactly what any changes entail, I was only outlining that two of the features are already available in the previous GB Window version.

Please note that I never said or intended that any changes are easy to compute.

The way the FP buttons function in the new GB Window gives food for thought and keeping in mind that the 2 FP Pack has been sort of removed one might conclude that FP Packs are on the way out.

DeletedUser104173

Hi all,

Again, I appreciate that not everyone is happy with how the rollout has been handled on EN. I also understand that it is frustrating for some to feel that the Beta server isn't serving it's purpose (as a former Beta CM, I totally appreciate this), but simply put, the wealth of feedback we can gain from here compared to Beta is really significant.

Richard

Yes, it is frustrating, it's beyond frustrating actually, I have been pushing so much for this change to happen, and now that it's happening, I do not have it enabled!? Can you see the irony in this? So please roll it out for everyone, this is just ridiculous man....

If you do not have the power to enable it, please refer me to someone who has, I don't want to wait anymore, I just don't want to wait anymore for this, damn it!

DeletedUser108965

I've made 2 posts now, both on Tuesday 30th may about this new system taking fps from packs and bar when donating to gbs, but only adding those taken from packs to the total donation. It's happened on every donation I've made to a gb, if I've got fps in my bar and start hitting the add 10fp it takes pack and bar but only adding the pack to the donation.
After 3 days, I would have thought this bug serious enough to warrant some sort of response.

Really this new system is for all the Arc whiners out there getting their way Again. Ten whiners go a long way as apposed to 1000 sound suggestions

DeletedUser50023

From what I can tell, what is in Fig 1 would meet most peoples requirements - just the old system with full access to the '+' button that you get when you click it next to your FP bar. It would still require people to add points to their bar, then to the GB (if you want to use 10x10 FP packs, then that is 12 clicks vs 10).
Fig 1.jpg

Second thought is take the new version, but give full functionality to it . This would enable any method of FP donation (from bar, from packs or buying with gold/diamonds) - you could even have a pop-up option warning you that you are about to use packs (like the diamonds warning, it could be turned off).
Fig 2.jpg

The two issues that I would love to see resolved are long names covering forge point donation amounts and having to scroll to see the top 5 contributors. The top 5 should be visible from the start.
Fig 3.jpg

EdTheGreat

Private
but simply put, the wealth of feedback we can gain from here compared to Beta is really significant.

Richard

If that is the case, why not pick one Server...? If what is needed is a higher sample, use one (or more, if need be) " Entire " Server, this way everyone is included...

DeletedUser11899

but simply put, the wealth of feedback we can gain from here compared to Beta is really significant.

Richard

...true but sometimes or not always imho

For example, on beta summer event was released yesterday. The related discussion thread has currently 102 posts and climbing (sadly, when this happens we can figure out is not being a big success, I'd say :rolleyes:)

And there are still many players there (like me) with the old UI who have been unable to give their feedback, maybe bcos they cannot coment on anything they havent yet ...or maybe I'm just the last one having the old UI :lol:.

DeletedUser110434

After having used this for several days now, and (ironically) having the old setup in my BETA world to compare with, I feel a bit more enlightened about the whole thing. First of all, ONLY on the browser is this an advantage to the players who did not get the update yet. On tablet, you MUST wait for a buffer circle to disappear after EACH "Donate 10 FP" press, or the app will hang up on you and FP could be misapplied or in some reports, lost altogether. This makes using the feature on the app a slow process, and a bit scary of a process as well.

That said, it certainly is EASIER on the app than going and filling up the bar first.

But to my main concerns I mentioned many pages ago, I disliked the loss of control over which packs get used. MOST of my playing time is investing FPs, and I am very particular in how I break up packs. This update takes away some control over that, and I found it highly irritating.

Good News! The workaround isn't all that bad. Unfortunately it removes any "improvement" in this new system, but it does allow those who play the way I play to work around the issue. Simply put - I make all my small change by cashing in packs BEFORE I start my donation. So if I see the GB needs 79 FP for me to lock, I go into inventory and cash in a 5 and two 2 packs first. Then i go back to the GB, donate my bar (assuming theres now only 9 in it) and then use the 10 button seven times.

I also stated earlier, however, that I also liked to leave my bar alone and just use packs. Well, this is more or less still possible too, but using the previous example, if I had three FP in my bar when this all started, I would use the 10 button to get 7 times to get 70 in the GB, and that would leave 3 in my bar, then i would go back to inventory and cash in a 5 and two 2s, go BACK to the GB and add 9 using the 1fp button.

So, inconvenient and extremely short-sighted change dreamt up by developers instead of players? Certainly.
Potential move toward no longer allowing players to store up FP in the future? Conspiracies sell, but doubtful while still possible.
Attempt to find out if making FP donation easier will also increase Premium spending? Likely, although misguided at best.
Can I live with it as-is? Yeah, sure. But it's not going to get me to spend any more real money that I did before or change my strategy at all, simply it is an inconvenience.

My 2 cents.