• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Great Building Contribution Window

DeletedUser653

Semi-useful feature. It would be better if it could use 5 points OR 10 points.
My Guild has a Forge Points Swap scheme where we build up each others GBs. the donor getting 5 in return for the 5 given. The bonus is the levelling-up prize.
We did discuss 10 point swaps, but felt 10 was too many for lower age players to join in.

Being a bigger guild we have 100, 50, 20, 10 and 5 FP swop threads running, we are also donating 4000 FP's now to the bigger buildings (ie L95 & 96 Arcs)
So really not please with anything I am reading here and its very unfair to give one player an advantage over another in FP donating races.

DeletedUser96901

It didn't say "at least" 2 weeks, it said..."gradual rollout over a couple of weeks", so strictly speaking, everyone should have it by now.
NO

maybe you ask wikipedia :rolleyes:
"a small number of items of a type, often two"

or merriam webster
"two (things) or a few (things)"

or how about http://www.thefreedictionary.com/a+couple+of
"a couple of - more than one but indefinitely small in number"

it is 2 or more. or in other words. at least 2

because if they wanted to say "after 2 weeks" they wouldn't use the words "couple of weeks"
they used those words because they didn't know if it would be 2 or more weeks

so strictly speaking: "a couple of" is "at least 2" :rolleyes:
and strictly speaking they didn't say: "after 2 weeks"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108965

HRC, being given the opportunity to lose 500 diamonds before others is NOT an advantage.
---------
I thought my first few experiences with adding fps under this new system was bad enough, having fps taken from bar and packs, but only packs counting towards actual donation, the only response that sort of replied was from 'Ringo' (who's a mod/player) who said there is a 'workaround' to avoid this happening, but why we should have to use workarounds to avoid these errors, that's putting the onus on the players rather then on the programmers in order for things to work....bit of a joke, right?

I sincerely hope this is not released to the rest of the server without any feedback from game admin assuring us these errors have been fixed.

Being you hi-jacked our accounts for testing purposes, surely the least you can do is return quicksilver99 diamonds to him?

DeletedUser96901

Somewhat more reputable that wiki :)
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/
lol with that you owned yourself
saying it must be 2 and bringing links where it can be more :lol:

"informal An indefinite small number."

together with an example
as pronoun ‘he hoped she'd be better in a couple of days’

:lol:

with that also

Idioms
14. a couple of, more than two, but not many, of; a small number of
:lol:

Not in English anyway !
btw
did you know InnoGames is a german company ?

DeletedUser105873

So basically we may never get it then because the English language can be twisted to mean what the "F" you like.

So thankyou Sovereign for all your BS, deceit and bendy truths, the day you actually announce something and it actually happens just like you say will probably happen on a day when I've already given up.

Next time instead of hiding behind ambiguous statements why not try telling us the truth, players might not like hearing the truth but at least they haven't been deceived.

DeletedUser107470

Can I ask why we even have a forum here. It is run by non paid stuff. The reality from my point of view this game is run by a company that needs to learn about customer service. Because the game is so good they dont seem to believe in any real customer care. If you have a issue you need to comtact a in game mod. They get heaps of cash from diamonds and how about they just fix some of the smaller issues that piss us all off. Instead they are now treating everyone as a idiot,

DeletedUser11207

Being you hi-jacked our accounts for testing purposes, surely the least you can do is return quicksilver99 diamonds to him?

Thank you for your support.

Support is not relenting on this and has no intention of refunding the diamonds that the new screen stole from me.

DeletedUser107036

If there are both positive and negative feedbacks, just add an option in the settings screen, so every user can switch to the screen he/she prefers

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to hear folk feel deceived. The term a couple was used in a more ambiguous way than literally 2 weeks, but it wasn't done in a deceitful manner, and more a colloquial use of the word. I'm also sorry to hear you think I personally made the statement to lie to players, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Can I ask why we even have a forum here. It is run by non paid stuff. The reality from my point of view this game is run by a company that needs to learn about customer service. Because the game is so good they dont seem to believe in any real customer care. If you have a issue you need to comtact a in game mod. They get heaps of cash from diamonds and how about they just fix some of the smaller issues that piss us all off. Instead they are now treating everyone as a idiot,
Only partly accurate. Myself and the other members of the Community Management Team are indeed paid employees, not volunteers. The role is pretty multifaceted, and we rely on volunteer support to help us run the community. This is pretty commonplace in this kind of setting, really.

Im unsure what specifically you're referring to when you're talking about customer service, but I'd be happy to discuss this either here, or in private if you'd prefer. Whatever works best for you.

Quicksilver, you're welcome to request your case be referred to me and I'll take a look. I'm not promising I will change the response, but will gladly assist.

Thanks

Richard

DeletedUser104173

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to hear folk feel deceived. The term a couple was used in a more ambiguous way than literally 2 weeks, but it wasn't done in a deceitful manner, and more a colloquial use of the word. I'm also sorry to hear you think I personally made the statement to lie to players, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Richard

How about some less ambiguous answer regarding when will the rest of us, those that did not get the new window, get it?
This is starting to be really really annoying and unfair to many users, myself included! How come you do not realize that this gave a huge unfair advantage to those that were lucky enough to get the new window!?

DeletedUser110355

I, on the contrary, like the new GB window with one sole exception:

with the current design donating several FP from your packages automatically drains your 2 FP packages, because you can only contribute one by one. Because there is no 5 FP button, trying to donate 5 FP would require either to go out, cash in the 5 FP package and come back to donation or click 5 times the 1 FP button, spend three 2 FP packages and have 1 left in your bar.

From my point of view, the window needs a 5 FP button.

And with respect to the FP races, the window shows at the top the total amount of FP available to you. If you do not check you reserves before you start clicking like a madman, it is your fault.

Cheers

DeletedUser11207

Quicksilver, you're welcome to request your case be referred to me and I'll take a look. I'm not promising I will change the response, but will gladly assist.

Thank you. I've sent a reply to Support asking them to do that.

I would like to thank Sovereign for his help with my ticket. Hopefully the developers will redesign that aspect of the GB screen so that nobody else ends up using diamonds that way. xx

DeletedUser108688

.....the window shows at the top the total amount of FP available to you. If you do not check you reserves before you start clicking like a madman, it is your fault.

Cheers

I'm very surprised at this response by an "in-game moderator" and my confidence in Innogames competence has taken a severe nosedive.
There is a Beta server for Inno to test new features and get reports from the findings. Beta players are given free diamonds very regularly to test these new features and report on issues.

To roll this test feature out to some players on live servers and then say "tough sh*t" to quicksilver99 for mistakenly spending diamonds is a new low for Inno. He should be reimbursed his diamond outlay forthwith and compensated five-fold for high-lighting a poor design feature by Inno devs.

Never before has a clickable button been able to change to a "spend diamonds" button until now! For Inno to play guinea pig with players real money opens a lot of doors to legal action.

Reimburse quicksilver99's diamonds and compensate him for reporting this issue!

DeletedUser105873

This is actually just becoming a joke now, tbh I actually think the whole "we need to collect data so only a few get the update" is nothing but absolute lies, that infact inno are just seeing how many buttons they can press before players start to walk away from the game, that's what they're really data collecting for.

After all as has been said many times, there is a beta server, secondly if inno can data collect on spending habits with these new screens, they could of done that with the old screen too, and finally, all the things that is wrong with the new screen was already pointed out by the beta players, so was all the things needed to put it right, and guess what, on the live servers they're getting the same bloody response from the players who have the new screen.

As a long term player of the game I can tell inno the players spending habits when it comes to GB donating, no need to annoy players by giving some advantages over others, this wont take long and is certainly a lot quicker than 3 weeks.
Here we go, are you ready ?

Those with early age cities who haven't been playing long place the FP's in there bar into others GB's for either BP's or as an agreed swap, on the odd occasion they place a few FP packs.

Those who have been playing the game a fair length of time but are still working their way up the tech tree towards FE - OE do the same as above but generally might place a few more FP packs in and larger FP collections that may either be used for donating or for Tech.

Those old timers who arn't afraid of the challenge to get a level 80 Arc sit at their bloody computers for hours clicking 2 buttons to place a 10fp pack into someones GB, they do this over and over again until by the end of the night they've placed anywhere up to and in many cases over 10's of thousands of FP's and they do it to make FP profit.

And if any of the above buy an FP for 50 diamonds to put in someones GB, it was either a mistake or a moment of madness that will never be repeated.

There you go, that's all the data you need, now give us all the upgraded screen so we can donate FP's at twice the speed.