• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Great Building Contribution Window

DeletedUser110339

I'm receiving mixed signals about this new GB window they've implemented. I was not part of the group that saw this live-beta change, some people are horrified by it, some like it. Guess I'll have to wait for it to go live for everyone to judge for myself.

I play in Beta.. i thought that window was just for Beta because it was like that for a long time.. if i knew they were going to change it into the main game then i would have said something ... i hated it in Beta.. i accidentally used forge points by mistake sooo many times in Beta and now im doing it in my main game.. its horrible... if you hit the 1 forge point button it takes out of your inventory.. they need to fix this ASAP.. i dont even want to play anymore.. they are ruining this awesome game!!

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Hey all,

Forge of Empires will be getting the new Great Buildings Overview from May 29th. This change is intended to improve usability in the GB window, and we're really looking for your feedback on this change. Please note, the change is a gradual change, and not all players will see it immediately. So if you don't see it come Monday, don't panic!

Thanks!

Richard and team

So when using 1FP button on left side, does it automatically draw from 2FP packs, then 5FP packs, then 10 FP packs as in a priority system?

That SUCKS!!!! We need to be able to select which FP packs we want to use.

Why can't we select which size FP packs we want to use???????

I might want to use my 10FP pack, add 3 FPs to this GB, but hold the other 7FPs for something else coming soon.

We need to be able to select a FP pack that we want to use....

DeletedUser110195

Sounds to me like another way of saying: This is horrible, please change it back and either go back to the drawing board or drop it entirely.

DeletedUser110419

@SpankMeHard, the button to buy forge points next to the FP bar still functions as normal, allowing you to load up your bar with a 10 fp pack, then go spend 3 fps on a GB and save 7 fps for later use. In other words, you still have the ability to choose which fp pack to use in such cases.

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Hey all,

Forge of Empires will be getting the new Great Buildings Overview from May 29th. This change is intended to improve usability in the GB window, and we're really looking for your feedback on this change. Please note, the change is a gradual change, and not all players will see it immediately. So if you don't see it come Monday, don't panic!

Thanks!

Richard and team

AIM 1
The aim of this update has a large amount of making it quicker to use stored FPs ..... Why not fulfil this idea properly?

That is allow the user to:
(A) Determine exactly what size of packs they want to use. It is a 3 button selection that adds pack amounts to the bar.

(B) Use 1 FP, Use 10 FPs, Use "typed in number" FPs, Use all FPs in Bar

To overcome the contribution race idea with the, Use "typed in number" FPs..... The people using this typed in number method, will have a pop-up IF one or more other users have entered their FPs into the same GB less than ""X"" seconds beforehand.

AIM 2 - Clearer identification as to what the next level will do

Isn't obvious????? But below another user has noted the same thing as I am,
1) THERE IS NO NEED FOR TWO TABS

2) AND If you must have 2 tabs (really only needed if you improve AIM 1), make the adding the FPs tab, the consistent priority and not the last tab selected.

In the browser version I don't like having 2 tabs, prefer just one window. I don't think there was too much crammed in small amount of space, at all! The overview tab is a total waste of space, it is rather obvious what benefits the next level offers.

@SpankMeHard, the button to buy forge points next to the FP bar still functions as normal, allowing you to load up your bar with a 10 fp pack, then go spend 3 fps on a GB and save 7 fps for later use. In other words, you still have the ability to choose which fp pack to use in such cases.
Understand you....

Yes but the idea was to make adding FPs that you have in store to a GB quicker...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110339

I am on many guilds and there is not one person who likes it.. they want it gone.. i think we need to speak up in Beta more often.. they need to ask us questions in Beta.. not just wait for us to say something. most people play in Beta just to see what the next quest is.

DeletedUser108833

I don't like it, why change for the pc players? Should have just left it alone, now you don't have a choice of which fp packs you use. It does make it easier for app players, but they too have no choice. I tried it out and added 10, it took 2 5fp packs from me and not a 10fp pack. so guess when I run out of 5fp packs because of this it will force me to use a 10fp pack when only want to use 5. Great job screwing something up that wasn't broken

DeletedUser107470

@ sovereign you comment about why it is only available to some players is without logic. Surely this should of been tested on the beta system first and refined on there before giving some players a posiable advantage or disadvantage over others. Those player get diamonds to put up with testing.

DeletedUser108965

This new layout definitely makes adding FPs quicker.

====
Whilst it certainly makes adding 10fp packs faster, it doesn't make adding 2 and 5 fp packs any faster, currently not even possible from the new window.

If I want to add 13 fps (or any odd number) using 4*2fp packs and 1*5fp pack, how do I do this with haste?

DeletedUser96901

====
Whilst it certainly makes adding 10fp packs faster, it doesn't make adding 2 and 5 fp packs any faster, currently not even possible from the new window.

If I want to add 13 fps (or any odd number) using 4*2fp packs and 1*5fp pack, how do I do this with haste?
open the buy fp windows on top next to the fp bar
use 4*2 and then 1*5 FP and then go to the GB

ok I know: terrible solution. but you can still do that

DeletedUser108965

open the buy fp windows on top next to the fp bar
use 4*2 and then 1*5 FP and then go to the GB

ok I know: terrible solution. but you can still do that

aye, I'm hoping for a similar speed as adding from 10fp pack and without having to leave a gb window.

DeletedUser110419

====

The existence of corner cases does not alter the concept that donating 100 fps or 1245 fps to a GB is much faster under the new implementation.

DeletedUser16112

To overcome the contribution race idea with the, Use "typed in number" FPs..... The people using this typed in number method, will have a pop-up IF one or more other users have entered their FPs into the same GB less than ""X"" seconds beforehand.

I don't think there is a race condition. If Innogames does not handle concurrency you could do all kinds of shenanigans like collecting twice from production buildings if you click real fast. If two people add FP to a building at the same time in a way that will break something, one will get an error message.

DeletedUser98451

Is the beta site now an irrelevance ? it certainly could be if 5 months of testing and feedback cant tell the devs what they want to know. Why not dedicate one devs to efforts dreaming up new stuff while the other actually plays the game, they might then understand the frustration a lot of players feel.
And the inane idea to release this to some and not the rest simply means that the majority of players will have the decision made by relatively few, and the majority of those testing it will only be concerned with easing the method of shovelling fp into gb's

DeletedUser102348

As explained, the staggered activation is to gauge the effectiveness of the feature. Some of you may note that the feature is not going to be activated on other markets just yet, just the International server.

No because they don't want all 25 forums telling them how crap it is.

I understand people's frustrations here, but the intention isn't to show favouritism, but is entirely to get a firm analytical view of the impact the feature has, as well as to hopefully gain some additional feedback for improvements. I'm sorry if this causes upset, but this is how we've decided is the best way to gather the data we need.

If you want a "firm analytical view" then perhaps they should have given it to all players on Beta, and not just a few.

Yes, the feature has been active in a similar way on Beta for a while, and has evolved due to Beta feedback. The purpose of activating it in such a way on EN is getting a bigger sample size.

Refer to answer above, as this makes a mockery of the Beta server as to what use does it really serve. Same as here I guess, none. Feedback is a waste of time, as the CM passes feedback to the devs ( in a shortened version), but it is a very rare for them to give back feedback for the CM to pass on back to the community, in the real world it's called arrogance, they think they know best?

None of the devs have ever played FoE, not on their 120 Gb ram, 20Gb internet pipe, and unlimited diamonds at Inno HQ, I mean at home, on their PC or device, with the bugs, lag, years of work to get to the end of the tech tree etc, that the rest of us experience.

Or they would not do most of the crap they come out with, but make the game a better product that peeps would be happy to spend more time and money doing, just take the double clicking we all hate turning FoE into a click fest, I started Foe to relax and enjoy, now it's more like hard work, and getting worse with every so called new innovation. Just think on one, the Tavern, how many clicks has that added to your daily routine, and how many times have they been told the view of where your sitting in the players tavern is totally not needed, and has no place in the game, but doubles the clicks, and thats just on one of the possible worlds that a player might have?

Tell me this, who would you trust to know more about driving a car? the person who designed it, but has never driven, or the person who drives the car for years???

DeletedUser110615

It sounds to me many are just afraid of change. If it matters that much which forge packs you're using, you can still load them into your bar manually. Number of clicks should stay mostly the same. However, if you just want to donate 13 FPs while you have 0 in the bar, you just click on 10 FP once and 1 FP 3 times and don't have to first manually use a 5 FP forge pack to be able to donate those 3. For me the new implementation is much more useful. Sure, being able to input how much you want to donate would be nice, but this is a start at least ...
On another note ... when you got burned clicking on a 1 FP button while you had no available FPs ... shouldn't you learn from your mistake? At least that's the vibe I got from the community with stuff like "You are the master of the mouse" an similar. Yes, it will take some time getting used to, but it's not that hard to glance at the FP bar and see how many you have available. If you just want to donate all FPs in bar you still have the donate all button anyways.