• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Great Building Contribution Window

DeletedUser4727

Hey all,

Forge of Empires will be getting the new Great Buildings Overview from May 29th. This change is intended to improve usability in the GB window, and we're really looking for your feedback on this change. Please note, the change is a gradual change, and not all players will see it immediately. So if you don't see it come Monday, don't panic!

Thanks!

Richard and team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

"There will be a gradual rollout over a couple of weeks, starting May 29th - not all players will get it immediately."

what is that crap ?
discriminating some players and giving other a huge advantage

if you can't do it fair for all don't do it at all

"It's easier to spend Forge Points from packages on browser (less clicks)."

really ? how can 5 times clicking the one FP button be less clicking than using a 5-FP-package in the old version
missing the possibility to use a 2 and 5 FP package makes this new version even a bigger crap

DeletedUser103052

For so long I have been looking forward to improve the way FPs are donated... so many good ideas were suggested that would make the whole process easier and more time-efficient whilst not opening themselves to any abuse.
This new method is, quite frankly, pretty poor. Why not be able to add a custom amount? Type in 42 FPs because you don't want to spend 43 and level someone else's? Or be able to add the exact amount you need to secure your spot? Why were these ideas overlooked and this, rather simple and not as efficient idea implemented instead?

For so long I have been looking forward to improve the way FPs are donated... so many good ideas were suggested that would make the whole process easier and more time-efficient whilst not opening themselves to any abuse.
This new method is, quite frankly, pretty poor. Why not be able to add a custom amount? Type in 42 FPs because you don't want to spend 43 and level someone else's? Or be able to add the exact amount you need to secure your spot? Why were these ideas overlooked and this, rather simple and not as efficient idea implemented instead?

I believe the answer is: They haven't solved the "donating race condition" and they don't know how!

ie. Two people both want to secure second spot in a GB for 167FP - Both enter 167FP to secure; Both click the confirm button at the same time; one must win second spot is secured; next thing that will happen the loser in the race condition will fill in 3rd spot - the GB WILL Level and the loser WILL lose many FP's.

Now imagine 3 or 4 people attempting the same thing - Chaos - and extremely angry people.

DeletedUser105873

Well I can see that it is an improvement and quicker way of donating bulk amounts since it'll safe 50% of clicks, my concern is that with the lack of a "+" button for accessing your FP packs directly, there is no way of using your 2 and 5fp packs.

I like many others over time gain hords of 2 and 5fp packs, and every now and then like to clear them out, currently the easiest way for that is via GB donation, where as now by looks of the screen shots thats no longer possible so the only way of doing it is to first place 2 X 5fp packs at a time in the bar, then open the GB screen and put them in and then come back out of that and do it all again, its going to take ages to get shot of 40 odd 5fp packs doing that.

I also completely agree with Test Ament's comment above why cant this new function be given to all at once ? why is it the Inno choosen few get it first ?
Are the Mods going to refund lost FP's to players that were slowly adding FP's to take first on a high level GB (the old way) when a Inno choosen one comes along and overtakes them by being allowed to have this new method where they can add fp packs at twice the speed ?

DeletedUser110195

It's a start, at least. Just keep on keeping on and the next time it will get closer to what everyone really wants: The ability to specify how many FPs to put on a GB, they already have the framework in place from goods trading, use that as a blueprint to create this, and allow players to put the exact amount they want on, all at once.

DeletedUser96901

only a fool would still think there will be ever an option to enter an exact amount of FP to donate after they release this version

We were also able to make some improvements to it based on initial feedback from the Beta community (like the "empty my FP bar" button!
lol
you remove a main feature of the old version and then you need feedback to put it back in the new version
great job.

and there are many more ideas for improvements remaining
yeah
in 6 month you bring back to possibility to use the 2- and 5-FP-packages

lol. another great job then

and the most awesome thing in this new version
use diamonds to finish the complete level with one click button
nice way to spend 10000 and more diamonds :rolleyes:

I believe the answer is: They haven't solved the "donating race condition" and they don't know how!
at least they don't think two player would ever use that diamond button to finish a level at the same time :lol:
imagine one player spends a few hundred diamonds and 1 second later the next level already started and it costs 100000 diamonds (that would be a level with 2000 FP) for the other player :P

btw I solved that problem a long time ago in 5 minutes.
you can find the solution here in one of the ideas of: donate as many as you want with one click (you sure find it if you search good enough)

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrisrat

Private
I'm just grateful that I now will be able to spend FPs, on apps, without all this going back to main screen. The only thing now with apps is, and maybe I just don't know how, but to be able to see how long till harvest time on GBs.

DeletedUser96901

I'm just grateful that I now will be able to spend FPs, on apps, without all this going back to main screen. The only thing now with apps is, and maybe I just don't know how, but to be able to see how long till harvest time on GBs.
but only if you are one of the chosen ones

or else you only see other doing that

DeletedUser110731

In the browser version I don't like having 2 tabs, prefer just one window. I don't think there was too much crammed in small amount of space, at all! You could have made the picture of the building smaller and there would be plenty of space left to add all these new buttons. The overview tab is a total waste of space, it is rather obvious what benefits the next level offers.

DeletedUser12400

I'm looking forward to the update:)
at least they don't think two player would ever use that diamond button to finish a level at the same time :lol:
imagine one player spends a few hundred diamonds and 1 second later the next level already started and it costs 100000 diamonds (that would be a level with 2000 FP) for the other player :P
Please note that the "Complete instantly" Diamonds button is available only for your own Great Buildings.

DeletedUser110195

If someone's foolish enough to not have diamond use confirmation turned on, and they have that many available, they deserve what they're about to reap.

DeletedUser110434

I experienced this on beta. I am going to withhold judgement on this version until i see it, but i will say i hope future improvements include adding back the + button to access packs directly. not being able to add 2 and 5 packs is inconvenient. and since it is more automated, you end up cashing in more packs than you need to to get a certain amount of FP in, with the remainder going into your bar.

DeletedUser4727

Thanks for your feedback so far, guys. In answer to the why only some will get it, please see the section "How" from the announcement:

How
We think that the new screen offers some improvements over the old one. We were also able to make some improvements to it based on initial feedback from the Beta community (like the "empty my FP bar" button!), and there are many more ideas for improvements remaining. For now, we wanted to start releasing a version that is at least an improvement over the old version. There's always a chance to revisit the screen in the future.

We want to double-check that there is an improvement, so we're going to do a gradual rollout. Some of you will already have had the new screen activated for your account, and others still have the old screen. We'll observe how Forge Point spending changes. If feedback and results of our observations are positive over the course of a couple of weeks, we'll activate it for all accounts. Otherwise, we will see if further improvements can be done.

To address a couple of things:
  • Diamond confirmation for instantly leveling will come up, even if Diamond confirmation is inactive on the account. We regognise this function represents a significant investment to accidentally activate
  • As has been covered in the announcement, instant build of a GB is only available on your own GBs, so you wont accidentally instantly up another player's GB level
  • I'll feedback specifically the request for a + sign to be able to access 2 & 5 FP packs, I agree with this, personally.
In the browser version I don't like having 2 tabs, prefer just one window. I don't think there was too much crammed in small amount of space, at all! You could have made the picture of the building smaller and there would be plenty of space left to add all these new buttons. The overview tab is a total waste of space, it is rather obvious what benefits the next level offers.
To this point, surely the two tabular system is inherently better, if its already obvious? If a player doesn't find it obvious, they can nip in to the overview tab and get that information, but moving it in to its own separate tab gives more real estate for the important information, both on Browser and on Mobile. I personally think this change is great, it gets rid of information not required or interesting to the majority of users. Its an especially good improvement for when visiting other player's GBs, where for the most part, you're not over interested in the benefits the owner will get at the next level, and much more interested in what you yourself will get (obviously, certain situations differ).

DeletedUser105873

Sovereign, I'm still not happy with that as the reason why for 2 weeks only certain players will have the new improved and much faster way of donating to GB's before all others, there is a beta version of the game for the very reasons given in that explanation.
It should be trialled on beta and if it works released in full to all players at the same time on the standard servers just like any other update.

It is clearly an improvement and not a backward step so there is no reason to have such concerns that all cannot benefit from it straight from the off, only the lack of direct access to 2 and 5fp packs via the GB screen is a backward step and by far not a big enough one that I wouldn't want the new version soon as possible, 70% of my playing time is spent adding FP's to GB's between 2 worlds, I'll give up the "+" button to reduce that time by half anytime.

DeletedUser11899

We want to double-check that there is an improvement, so we're going to do a gradual rollout. Some of you will already have had the new screen activated for your account, and others still have the old screen. We'll observe how Forge Point spending changes. If feedback and results of our observations are positive over the course of a couple of weeks, we'll activate it for all accounts. Otherwise, we will see if further improvements can be done.

On beta this new UI was released on January 24 not to all players as well. This brings me to a question, why doing the same on live servers after 5 months of testing the same UI on beta?
btw I STILL have the old UI there.

anyway, thanks for your information and interest here so I'm seeing beta server is being turned into another regular server

At 50 diamonds per forge point - a 60 FP GB to get it out of the mud is 3000 diamonds -

Stands to reason only the wealthy (and I'm sure there are members in that category) could afford to level a GB with 2000 FP needed (100,000 diamonds) to reach the next level - All things need to be put into perspective.

There would have to be an incredible discount on GB leveling with diamonds for most of us to even give the option a consideration (albeit a fleeting one)!

DeletedUser11899

At 50 diamonds per forge point - a 60 FP GB to get it out of the mud is 3000 diamonds -

Stands to reason only the wealthy (and I'm sure there are members in that category) could afford to level a GB with 2000 FP needed (100,000 diamonds) to reach the next level - All things need to be put into perspective.

There would have to be an incredible discount on GB leveling with diamonds for most of us to even give the option a consideration (albeit a fleeting one)!

yeah for me its kinda ridiculous how the team pays so much attention on this illogical and too expensive choice.
When I was a beginner in my very first days of playing I learnt myself that those rare diamonds had to be invested on rare and powerful things like expansions and premium buidings and never to buy forge points
If they wanted to really improve this system for all the players they had removed that option replacing it with a button to buy forge points with coins

so when they tell us 'we heard players feedback' it makes me laugh bcos they only hear what they want to hear

I just looked at the new GB window in the announcement - Well I must say looks like the "Improvement" is not quite that.

I should be able to see the top 5 people Without having to scroll - just like the old way - My sense is that the more you try to make the entire user interface based on the mobile version, the worst this entire game is going to get.

Having a 24 inch monitor look like a GIANT mobile app is just plain ridiculous!
Microsoft tried it with windows 8 and found it didn't work - so they quickly changed it back.

DeletedUser5180

i dont recall ANY feature being released to some players and not others, in fact i remember a gb release being delyayed so some players would NOT get it before others depending on their playing platform...

who decides on which players get this feature first.?

INNO are leaving themselves wide open to accusations of favouritism here, we've already had problems with guilds who had lare numbers of mods as members having members of other guilds banned for no proven rule breaches.... this is going to be a complete shambles