• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

DeletedUser3157

i fought a battle today useing 8 btanks v 8 btanks and i auto battled for a change as i normaly win this fight in manual without a loss and guess what happend when i auto battled ? i lost a btank : (
so there is a huge difference in auto compared to manual not only the time it takes but you have to use the map to your own advantage and run away with injured troops to make sure they dont get killed so there is a lot goes on with a manual fight compared to the auto
try it and see and watch how many points a day you save : ) but like pba says i am non to smart at this game lol

I was not talking about auto vs manual...I was talking about ur rogue rant.

DeletedUser13805

I was not talking about auto vs manual...I was talking about ur rogue rant.

oh i see lol well i am non to bright remember

but i just wanted to correct you on your post saying that there inst much difference between auto and manual and there is big time in both units lost and points gained

DeletedUser13082

but i just wanted to correct you on your post saying that there inst much difference between auto and manual and there is big time in both units lost and points gained

That's not what he said, he said it makes no difference to him. Meaning, I assume, he doesn't care for the odd loss of a unit here and there as the point loss he will sustain greatly outweighs the time scale difference between auto and manual. To auto for a fraction of the time and earn a few thousand less PvP points is minuscule.

You constantly bring up the PvP discussion desy and you constantly get shut down with not a single person agreeing with you. You play the game your way, everybody else players it their way. Just because you choose to play differently doesn't mean it's not fair that other players to better than you, it means you are doing something wrong and therefore not advancing as quick as those other players. That is what I assume was meant by pba when he said about putting 2 and 2 together.

Also this thread is concerning the upcoming GB nerf (which is still a bad idea and should not take place!). Try to keep on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

I have never made any post where I claim that there is 'not much difference between auto and manual'. Matter of fact, my post had absolutely NOTHING to do with auto vs manual..My post was about 8 tanks vs 1 tank 7 rogues(or any other heavy rogue vs non-rogue setup, and really doesn't matter if u fight auto or manual it was just example) and just addressing your post about rogues being this super overpowered on the battlefield. While really they are overpowered OFF the battlefield, nothing too spectacular about them on it.

DeletedUser7719

Hey guys, like death ouron says. I think we're talking a bit too much on rogues and auto (myself included earlier) ;)
Maybe make a new thread about how we PvP?

DeletedUser

Mike's Mod Voice:
Please keep the discussion on topic. If you wish to discuss rogues or auto-battle vs manual, please take it to another thread.

Mike's Player Voice:
Now then, my opinion on the GB Balancing changes, GOOD! Defensive GB's have been, as we all know, next to useless, finally having an attack bonus when defending was much needed! With the attack GB's, not favourable, but that's because we have gotten used to being able to attack 50+ cities in a day, hardly realistic when forging an empire imo. Increasing the challenge is a good idea and I'm wondering what other tricks the dev's have under their sleeves! In regards the continent map, yes, it was too easy. I am soooo far ahead on my continent map, almost completed the PE map and yet I'm 15% through the tech tree and my storyline quests are back in the Industrial Era! Reducing the GB bonus means my progress though the map will slow down and begin it match my progress in the tech tree. Of course, for well established players, this makes little difference, but for new players to the game working their way up, I expect it will greatly improve the experience by balancing the progress.

DeletedUser13805

Desy, it makes almost no difference to me if I autocombat with 1 tank 7 rogues army or 8 tanks army. Both have their slight pros and cons, but it's pretty much the same. Now the reason people prefer the first option if they can, is because rogue hideout takes like 10x less space and infinite number of less population than tank factory, unit itself is pretty much a copy of any other normal unit, quite literally.

maybe you should read this post again hint as to me your saying there is not much difference between you auto combating with troops and there is so please reread what you have typed up before you start protesting that you havent said such a thing.
sorry for going off topic and maybe we should open up a thread on rouges : )

DeletedUser96695

Mike's Mod Voice:
Please keep the discussion on topic. If you wish to discuss rogues or auto-battle vs manual, please take it to another thread.

Mike's Player Voice:
Now then, my opinion on the GB Balancing changes, GOOD! Defensive GB's have been, as we all know, next to useless, finally having an attack bonus when defending was much needed! With the attack GB's, not favourable, but that's because we have gotten used to being able to attack 50+ cities in a day, hardly realistic when forging an empire imo. Increasing the challenge is a good idea and I'm wondering what other tricks the dev's have under their sleeves! In regards the continent map, yes, it was too easy. I am soooo far ahead on my continent map, almost completed the PE map and yet I'm 15% through the tech tree and my storyline quests are back in the Industrial Era! Reducing the GB bonus means my progress though the map will slow down and begin it match my progress in the tech tree. Of course, for well established players, this makes little difference, but for new players to the game working their way up, I expect it will greatly improve the experience by balancing the progress.

Yes, this threads now look like "off topic"

Suppose this topic are talking about "GB balacing change" due to need of GvG
i am trying my best to address those change should be in GvG contential map, they should not bring this change to non-GvG part
my message keep on skip and ignored....

As u say, the rogue and AI is not part of that GB balancing due to GvG and those combat stuff is not related to GB-balancing
They are still chating about those ir-revent stuff ( look like to me ) in there
They should open another thread to discuss those subjects

Glad to see your progress in your tech tree and contential map and storyline quests
But i do not totally agree with your points on GB balancing
You are an experience player, that is "why u can progress to that goal"
You get sufficient experience of using those GB's bebefits
However, for those young player or player who is still learning, those GB attack bonus is very important to them
a reduction of 40% is critical /vital issue to them
Perosnal , i think, u find it is easy ( for new player, it is not ) becos of the GB's bonus
But i think, it is the other side of the battle
(I) the AI do not defend properly
(II) Game developer should riase the defend strength / defend attack.e,g, the sector carring out a defend bonus , then u will not find it easy to progress thro' those contential map....again, this is nothing related with GB blancing. Perosnally i think it is a design mistakes og game developer, for player to player (hoods), attacking side use their GB attack bonus, the defend side use their GB defend bonus. For ocntential map's sector, attacking side use their GB attack bonus, the defend side has no defending bonus <----that is the design mistakes. I can imagine most player reach a certain age, they all have a attack bonus, why game developer do not add defending bonus to sector to counter-act player attack bonus in order to make the game more attractive.

In short
The GB Balacing due to GvG should be delayed until further notice

DeletedUser13805

Yes, this threads now look like "off topic"

Suppose this topic are talking about "GB balacing change" due to need of GvG
i am trying my best to address those change should be in GvG contential map, they should not bring this change to non-GvG part
my message keep on skip and ignored....

As u say, the rogue and AI is not part of that GB balancing due to GvG and those combat stuff is not related to GB-balancing
They are still chating about those ir-revent stuff ( look like to me ) in there
They should open another thread to discuss those subjects

Glad to see your progress in your tech tree and contential map and storyline quests
But i do not totally agree with your points on GB balancing
You are an experience player, that is "why u can progress to that goal"
You get sufficient experience of using those GB's bebefits
However, for those young player or player who is still learning, those GB attack bonus is very important to them
a reduction of 40% is critical /vital issue to them
Perosnal , i think, u find it is easy ( for new player, it is not ) becos of the GB's bonus
But i think, it is the other side of the battle
(I) the AI do not defend properly
(II) Game developer should riase the defend strength / defend attack.e,g, the sector carring out a defend bonus , then u will not find it easy to progress thro' those contential map....again, this is nothing related with GB blancing. Perosnally i think it is a design mistakes og game developer, for player to player (hoods), attacking side use their GB attack bonus, the defend side use their GB defend bonus. For ocntential map's sector, attacking side use their GB attack bonus, the defend side has no defending bonus <----that is the design mistakes. I can imagine most player reach a certain age, they all have a attack bonus, why game developer do not add defending bonus to sector to counter-act player attack bonus in order to make the game more attractive.

In short
The GB Balacing due to GvG should be delayed until further notice

in truth i can not make my mind up about the changes, on the one hand i like the idea because pvp really does need to be tweaked, but on the other had its very time consuming and if you make it hard, players will not bother only the die hards will still carry on and there getting less and less with every change that happens to pvp

so i am going to wait and see what difference it makes to me completing a hood how many troops a lose a day etc or if there are defenses that i will not be able to beat as there are some very high ones in my hood that cost me at least a unit or 2 in manual battle as it is and thats with max att

DeletedUser96695

in truth i can not make my mind up about the changes, on the one hand i like the idea because pvp really does need to be tweaked, but on the other had its very time consuming and if you make it hard, players will not bother only the die hards will still carry on and there getting less and less with every change that happens to pvp

so i am going to wait and see what difference it makes to me completing a hood how many troops a lose a day etc or if there are defenses that i will not be able to beat as there are some very high ones in my hood that cost me at least a unit or 2 in manual battle as it is and thats with max att

thanks
at least some 1 response to my message

It look to me, it is very strange
they declare the change in coming revision `1.20 ( next version )
they do not test it in beta server.....and
they even do not annouce it in beta world in past few days
now..beta world..is suddenly push out the change with a "sorry annoucnment of late inform"
beta world is now with version 1.20 with that change...too terrible

DeletedUser3157

maybe you should read this post again hint as to me your saying there is not much difference between you auto combating with troops and there is so please reread what you have typed up before you start protesting that you havent said such a thing.
sorry for going off topic and maybe we should open up a thread on rouges : )

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Ok let me just walk you though this one real quick once more..

1) You make few posts about how rogues are overpowered in combat.
2) I make a quick reply saying they are mostly overpowered due to off combat reasons(size, pop).
3) You quote my post and start going on about autocombat vs manual fighting.
4) I'm baffled, say my post had nothing to do about autocombat vs manual.
5) You quote my original post that has nothing to do with autocombat vs manual, and tell me that it has.
6) I post this msg.

DeletedUser13805

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Ok let me just walk you though this one real quick once more..

1) You make few posts about how rogues are overpowered in combat.
2) I make a quick reply saying they are mostly overpowered due to off combat reasons(size, pop).
3) You quote my post and start going on about autocombat vs manual fighting.
4) I'm baffled, say my post had nothing to do about autocombat vs manual.
5) You quote my original post that has nothing to do with autocombat vs manual, and tell me that it has.
6) I post this msg.

yes hint its true you can not combat without rouges and will cry if you have to manual : )

DeletedUser3157

the 3 supporting pool is useless for those non-GvG player, it now become a punishment for them
for those who erect high wall defending their city, that wall is now lowered by 70%. For those who are struggleing to avoid being plunded, now, they do not need to struggle, becos they are dead-fish......
the 3% attack is absoulte meaningless as ,we all, know that AI defend is rubbish

Your defensive bonus just got on bar with attackers offensive bonuses. This means on higher levels, it will be much harder to attack now. In case you've missed it, this change is good news for defenders and bad news for attackers, that's why so many are not happy.

DeletedUser14782

the best part is, people will actually now want these previously "worthless" defense gbs.

DeletedUser96695

Your defensive bonus just got on bar with attackers offensive bonuses. This means on higher levels, it will be much harder to attack now. In case you've missed it, this change is good news for defenders and bad news for attackers, that's why so many are not happy.

U understand it wrongly

The lowering of defense bonus will make atatcker win super easily
the add attack bonus of defending army is absoulte no use while defending a real-life attacker
real-life attacker are vidid, they get attack tactic while AI cannot cope with their change

even u get 6% attack bonus in defending army, i can kill that defending army much more easily

DeletedUser3157

U understand it wrongly

the add attack bonus of defending army is absoulte no use while defending a real-life attacker
real-life attacker are vidid, they get attack tactic while AI cannot cope with their change

even u get 6% attack bonus in defending army, i can kill that defending army much more easily

Damages being done in this game depend on the attack/defense ratio. Because offensive GBs increased units both attack and defense, the effective strenght of those units increased in square function. While the defensive GBs gave only defensive bonus, their effect increased only in linear. Hence people with 150% offensive bonus were beating 500% defense bonuses with ease and even 700%+ defense bonuses were beaten quite often. It caused a situation when 150% offensive bonus directly equaled 525% defensive bonus in regards to damage done and recieved ratios to be equal. New defensive GBs system that supports both attack and defense of defending units changes that issue. Now attacking someone with good defensive boosts is much much harder, hence why this change is considered a boost for defenders and a nerf for attackers.

DeletedUser

U understand it wrongly

With new rules, 90/90 (attacker bonus) vs 60/60 (defender bonus) is the same as 19/19 vs 0/0. This is like level 4 Zeus attacker vs defender without boosts. Not much advantage to the attacker. Add monastery and a couple of WFs, and defender will feel better than in pre-GB era.

Belcher

Corporal
Posting information regarding features not released in this server is not permitted. Please do not bring information from other places, including the Beta server.

DeletedUser1081

Posting information regarding features not released in this server is not permitted. Please do not bring information from other places, including the Beta server.

... What are you referring to, please and thank you? The new boosts were announced here, and the ratios can be worked out by anyone with the math skills.