• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

DeletedUser

What in the world? I just read that a 16 page discussion was deleted?

DeletedUser276

the last thread was full of off topic and non contributive posts. I felt it was easier to redo than sort through 9/10 posts per page to be removed.

Discussion threads are discussion as to how the feature works. Its not a feedback thread as to what is thought of it.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
the last thread was full of off topic and non contributive posts. I felt it was easier to redo than sort through 9/10 posts per page to be removed.

Discussion threads are discussion as to how the feature works. Its not a feedback thread as to what is thought of it.

Really : there were also many genuine thoughts and concerns , of great relevance ...
Its a discussion thread.... of course people are going to say what they think of it , as part of the discussion.!
Now...others are denied the benefit of reading the thoughts of all those responses ... whether they are agree with them or not.

I protest at this action.

DeletedUser

I'd just started to read the previous thread and hadn't quite managed to get things straight... is this correct:

Map & PvPGvG
Offensive GB
  • Statue of Zeus
  • Cathedral of Aachen
  • Castel del Monte
+3% attack & +3% defense boost (per level) when attacking+3% attack & +3% defense boost (per level) when attacking
Defensive GB
  • Saint Basil's Cathdral
  • Deal Castle
+3% attack & +3% defense boost (per level) when defending+3% attack & +3% defense boost (per level) when defending
Watchfire+0% attack & +4% defense boost when defendingNo bonus
Monastery+0% attack & +20% defense boost when defendingNo bonus

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

yes Martynius as far as I am told that is exactly how that works.

I protest at this action.

when a thread is too far gone its easier to restart. Forum Triage as it were. I dont mind discussing things so long as people are polite when they bring things up. 99% of that thread was not polite. Anways enough on that. If there are any other questions about this feature that need discussing please let me know.

DeletedUser5514

Really? If you dont care about people oppinions, why bother opening threads?

yes Martynius as far as I am told that is exactly how that works.

when a thread is too far gone its easier to restart. Forum Triage as it were. I dont mind discussing things so long as people are polite when they bring things up. 99% of that thread was not polite. Anways enough on that. If there are any other questions about this feature that need discussing please let me know.

DeletedUser

Map & PvPGvG
Offensive GB
  • Statue of Zeus
  • Cathedral of Aachen
  • Castel del Monte
+3% attack & +3% defense boost (per level) when attacking+3% attack & +3% defense boost (per level) when attacking
Defensive GB
  • Saint Basil's Cathdral
  • Deal Castle
+3% attack & +3% defense boost (per level) when defending+3% attack & +3% defense boost (per level) when defending
Watchfire+0% attack & +4% defense boost when defendingNo bonus
Monastery+0% attack & +20% defense boost when defendingNo bonus

Nice clear table, Martynius. Thank you! :)

DeletedUser14587

so sad that GW that every one was waiting to add something to the game will ruin the game just because u see it's right

but thats expected when u lunch incomplete game and keep changing it while people used to play the game they started

one of the reasons of the new update as u said is to protect small player from being abused instead of banning players who raised their concerns u could ban those ingame who abuse small player i remember many time we talked about that in the forum and the whole team of forum moderator and senior and even u blacksmith said those player dont break any rule

i had made over 21500 battle 70% of them is auto so i dont have anytime to go to challenge my self just because the game think so

if u asked me who encourage the negativity in the hoods go look at ur announcement with the quote ''your plunders be fruitful '' now u all are heros and want to defend those small player from those who abuse them when u actually saying GO PLUNDER THEM IN UR MAIN FORM AND GAME LOGO

PS i dont plunder anyone in the other side i want apostive healthy hood full of points

DeletedUser

Ok, so two questions that were in the previous thread, just for clarity:

1 - Will sectors on the map that have high defence boosts be adjusted to account for the reduction in player attack boosts?
2 - Will these changes to GB boosts take effect when GvG (in whatever form) is released, or before that?

Thanks!

DeletedUser96867

Just a heads up that announcement post link leads to a thread that doesn't exist, you might want to redirect it here.

edited by Remorce
Fixed thanks.

DeletedUser15526

excellent question swamp.
i for one am glad that i have taken those sectors, with new change you will fall short by 30% boost at max level with all 3 offensive greatbuildings which in itself is a feat to achieve. so will be interesting to see how someone who only has 60% after changes which equates to 100% at moment would fair.

DeletedUser276

one of the reasons of the new update as u said is to protect small player from being abused

actually I never said that. If you read the first post of mine in this thread I said battles were too easy and people were consistantly maxing out their battles per day too fast.

instead of banning players who raised their concerns

Only players that were banned were rude and antagonistic. Please dont blow it out of proportion and please dont discuss bans in the open forum as thats against the game rules.

u could ban those ingame who abuse small player i remember many time we talked about that in the forum and the whole team of forum moderator and senior and even u blacksmith said those player dont break any rule

The hood merge system should be correcting that issue of players attacking other players that are too weak to defend properly. But thats a bit off topic for this upcoming update. Please stay on topic.

i had made over 21500 battle 70% of them is auto so i dont have anytime to go to challenge my self just because the game think so

well everyone will be slowing down hopefully and more strategy will be required instead of doing the majority of your battles on auto which just proves attacking was too easy.

Ok, so two questions that were in the previous thread, just for clarity:

1 - Will sectors on the map that have high defence boosts be adjusted to account for the reduction in player attack boosts?

not that I am aware of

2 - Will these changes to GB boosts take effect when GvG (in whatever form) is released, or before that?

It should be on the 1.2 update which is coming soon. I am unsure if GVG will be released at the same time or right after or right before.

no problem always happy to answer polite questions.

DeletedUser97960

I realise that this thread is for discussion so I will keep my feedback to myself right now, however I would like to know please where we are able to post or give feedback to the developers about the game or in-game features? As someone who has purchased diamonds I consider myself not just a player but a customer. I know of very few people who don't wish to hear feedback from their customers - after all how do you retain and attract new custom without gauging the opinions of your customers. I also have questions that I feel may not be able to be answered to my satisfaction within a forum thread. Thank you

DeletedUser96867

excellent question swamp.
i for one am glad that i have taken those sectors, with new change you will fall short by 30% boost at max level with all 3 offensive greatbuildings which in itself is a feat to achieve. so will be interesting to see how someone who only has 60% after changes which equates to 100% at moment would fair.

I think that i might make it at 60%. As i have only 55% the changes will leave me with only 33%, don't think there is any way to beat many of those 75%+ boosted sectors with such a low attack boost. So i have 2 options. Delete my GB's and much of my military to build goods buildings to negotiate the sectors, or find 1500-2000fp donations for my GB to get back to my current level. Clearly the easiest and fastest way to get that many fp donations is to attack and plunder my entirehood and blackmail them into donating to my GB. This is something i had never considered doing before but it seems like the best option to make up for these GB changes.

DeletedUser99501

I have to agree that attacking is sometimes too easy, I am quite new and in colonial and can beat my whole hood by auto attacking without losing any units. I enjoyed it more when I had to fight manually but when I can take all the hood out in minutes then why wouldn't I use auto. This change will slow down the points gain of all players apart from the ones who can spend more time battling, which tbh they deserve and maybe some people need to accept they wont be able to auto the hood daily anymore which will lead to a bigger challenge and more enjoyment hopefully. Also quite a few high players in my world have advised against defensive buildings as any amount of defense can be beaten, this change makes them quite worthwhile imo. We just need a date for when gvg is going to start now:)

DeletedUser5514

If "polite" means agreing with all decisions made by the devs and defended by moderators and so on, then i guess youre correct... i respectfully retreat from this discussion since im another of those players who cannot agree with such decisions.
read what I wrote please as I dislike repeating myself when the answer right there.

DeletedUser

I have never posted on the forum before, but feel the need to express my distress at the deleting of 16 pages of customer feedback on the forthcoming GvG changes.
I feel this is censorship of the highest degree.

Having followed the thread from the start I felt the co-community manager was heavy-handed in their responses and appeared out of their depth in this situation. Perhaps a less customer faced role would be appropriate.

I would also like to point out 2 inconsistencies in the responses given :-

a) The original announcement described GvG as "imminent" and "due to be released very soon" but the co-community manager repeatedly refered to GvG as 1/10 complete and appeared to say at one point that it was 18 months away from implementation.

b) I recently opened a ticket regarding a guild member being "blackmailed" for forgepoints (as discussed in the thread) and was given a reply that this WAS a breach of rules, yet the co-community manager on the thread stated that it was not.