• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

DeletedUser101839

I don't know if this has been said because 36 pages of post is too much to read, if it has though I second the thought that if you are going to nerf the GB bonuses at least scale back the NPC bonuses in the different sectors.

DeletedUser96901

I don't know if this has been said because 36 pages of post is too much to read, if it has though I second the thought that if you are going to nerf the GB bonuses at least scale back the NPC bonuses in the different sectors.
official statement:
no it will not be changed

DeletedUser276

Actually official statement is more like...

The provincial bonuses will not be changed at this time due to them adding an element of required tactics to the Provincial maps. However as things progress there may contain minor changes as the situations change for how battles take place.

LarryB

Private
Actually official statement is more like...

The provincial bonuses will not be changed at this time due to them adding an element of required tactics to the Provincial maps. However as things progress there may contain minor changes as the situations change for how battles take place.

I asked the question how to beat the Industrial age continent using Industrial age troops. See link

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?26227-Continental-Map-Attack-and-Defense

As the only reply implied you could only do it with PE troops and no responses gave me any incling that it could be done, one can only assume that it is NOT in fact possible.
This can only conclude that the Industrial age Continent map IS imbalanced.

For example, In Navarrone. My Howitzer (Heavy) at 21% is 42, 42 versus Jaeger (Light) 39,52 so the advantage of Heavy over Light is completely cancelled out. This applies to all units, so it is impossible to get an advantage over the enemy.

Please look to rebalance the Continents.

DeletedUser96901

you forgot the heavy unit advantage against light units :rolleyes:
+15 makes increase the values of your howitzers to 57 (against light units) ;)

so it is no problem to beat 39/52 jaeger with 57/57 howitzer
even with no attacking bonus 50/50 howitzer is better than 39/52 jaeger