• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

DeletedUser276

stay on topic please. This is the discussion thread to learn about how a feature works. If there is much more off topic banter I will close the thread.

DeletedUser14704

Short answer is that it does NOT work.
In one fell swoop, Forge of Empires was killed off and replaced by some kind of unbalanced Grepolis 2.

DeletedUser276

Grepolis you conquer other cities. Not a very good comparison. Also not a discussion post but more of a feedback one.

DeletedUser7719

fact:
defense GBs are much better than before :rolleyes:
because they get 3% attack bonus

and 60/60 defense bonus from GBs is MUCH MUCH better than only 0/100 from watchfires

doing the match:
- 60/60 defense is equalized by 60/60 attack (everybody should know why)

- 0/100 defense is equalized by 41/41 attack.
calculation: (1+attack attack)*(1+attack defense) = (1+defense attack)*(1+defense defense)
(but defense attack = 0)

so gbs are almost 1,5 times better
You forgot one thing: 0/100 is from 25 watchfires or the space of Saint Basils alone...

LarryB

Private
One issue that doesn't seem to have been raised.

My GB Aachen has been rebalanced so that my level 3 now only gives me 9% attack bonus.

However the Continent Map sectors have not been rebalanced so that I am now fighting sectors which still have a 20% attack and defence bonus making it much harder to progress through the Continent Maps for your age.

Can the Continent Map please be rebalanced as well

DeletedUser101150

One issue that doesn't seem to have been raised.

My GB Aachen has been rebalanced so that my level 3 now only gives me 9% attack bonus.

However the Continent Map sectors have not been rebalanced so that I am now fighting sectors which still have a 20% attack and defence bonus making it much harder to progress through the Continent Maps for your age.

Can the Continent Map please be rebalanced as well

The continent map was intended to become harder after the rebalancing of GB's. It is more difficult yes, but still achievable. Although the tactics have changed some for me most definitely, I don't see a problem making the map harder. And the boosted sectors were meant to be just that, and may now have to be put off until you can come back to them.

DeletedUser101774

I do not understand why a player's attack bonus is determined by what GB they have and what level it is. This makes no sense to me at all. How is the ability to construct a GB an indication of how good a fighter they are? The attack bonus should be calculated on the fights won statistic - 10% awarded for every 1000 fights won for example. This benefits the people who fight, and disregards those who do not. If you want to attach an additional bonus to reflect the GBs fine, maybe 1% per level, per GB, that's up to you. The way you have it at the moment is totally illogical, in my opinion

DeletedUser97349

Rafflesmum, Great Buildings are not intended to be a reflection of players' skills related to the bonuses each GB gives, but to offer a reward for collecting the blueprints and for the forge point investments. The GB Château Frontenac, for example, gives a bonus to quest rewards; this does not reflect a players ability to complete quests. It is up to the individual player to build and level up GBs which suit their playing style. A PvP oriented player would place more priority on the military GBs, whereas others may focus more on those which offer boosts to supplies or coins.

DeletedUser96901

I do not understand why a player's attack bonus is determined by what GB they have and what level it is. This makes no sense to me at all. How is the ability to construct a GB an indication of how good a fighter they are? The attack bonus should be calculated on the fights won statistic - 10% awarded for every 1000 fights won for example. This benefits the people who fight, and disregards those who do not. If you want to attach an additional bonus to reflect the GBs fine, maybe 1% per level, per GB, that's up to you. The way you have it at the moment is totally illogical, in my opinion
if won fights count also retreats must count
(as you said: how good you are as fighter. not how good you select the enemies you want to fight)
for every 1000 retreats you lose 10%

because else it would be too easy for cowards: attack everybody and then only fight the 2 spearfighters

DeletedUser101774

if won fights count also retreats must count
(as you said: how good you are as fighter. not how good you select the enemies you want to fight)
for every 1000 retreats you lose 10%

because else it would be too easy for cowards: attack everybody and then only fight the 2 spearfighters

absolutely - I totally agree

DeletedUser4879

The continent map was intended to become harder after the rebalancing of GB's. It is more difficult yes, but still achievable. Although the tactics have changed some for me most definitely, I don't see a problem making the map harder. And the boosted sectors were meant to be just that, and may now have to be put off until you can come back to them.
What level are you playing and what support do your GB's give you?
Reason I asked is that lower players without GB's or Low level GB's support will find it very hard or impossible to battle on the maps!!
I closed down one of my cities because of it!! The american map was already hard to fight before the change...

DeletedUser7719

Try 0% :) (with PE units)
Done on another server though, and the only screenshot I can show you is this:
PE Kill 4.jpg
If you're at least as skilled as I am, you should be able to take little loses since the PE map/terrain makes it easy to kill these units

DeletedUser8813

Try 0% :) (with PE units)
Done on another server though, and the only screenshot I can show you is this: If you're at least as skilled as I am, you should be able to take little loses since the PE map/terrain makes it easy to kill these units

hardly skillfull taking out lancers with snipers.....:)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Utter waste of time this GB 're-balancing' and giving defending units an attack boost. Just went up against B.Tanks on another world which had 56%A/306%D

Full health Artillery do 0-2 damage, and Bazookas do 1-4 damage :(

DeletedUser96867

Certainly don't see how the GB re-balancing effected gvg in any positive way, after all that was supposedly the main reason for the change.

DeletedUser8813

to me it seems it was more about the money..those that pay to heal our dead unattached..it is now doubled even triple what it was before the nerf..(probably the reason the unattached filter is being held back)..so i have decided to join the ranks of the free player..

DeletedUser13082

to me it seems it was more about the money..those that pay to heal our dead unattached..it is now doubled even triple what it was before the nerf..(probably the reason the unattached filter is being held back)..so i have decided to join the ranks of the free player..

Totally agree hawr-nee, I said for a while now that the unattached filter is being held back cause of diamond usage. I won't spend money on the game again. I'll likely play until they end up having to close it down

DeletedUser

Totally agree hawr-nee, I said for a while now that the unattached filter is being held back cause of diamond usage. I won't spend money on the game again. I'll likely play until they end up having to close it down

I too have thought that about the unattached filter.