• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

DeletedUser3315

Also i don't remember seeing these ^^^^ NPC defense changes listed in any changelog either.

DeletedUser97960

I am told this needs to be in this thread (although its clearly regarding something not about the balancing changes)

So - obviously today my Zeus gets nerfed from 25% down to 15% - i then go to Natsuisha (ME campaign map ME PVP tower sector) which before the nerf the NPC defending army was boosted 50% defense and attack to find that now the NPC army has a 50% attack bonus AND a 100% DEFENCE BONUS ?!

Really - i mean this was hard enough to beat with 25% boost vs 50% boost but this is almost impossible now.

Just to check i was not seeing things i then went to Santa Catalina (Mexico heavy boosted section). And the defending NPC armies there previously had 110% att and def boost. They now have 110% attack boost and 220% DEFENCE BOOST ?!

How on earth am i supposed to beat that with my lowly 15% (now) att and def boost - even if i had all GB's maxed i would only have 90% att and def boost.

Maybe this should have been posted in bugs as this surely cannot have been deliberate?

Sadly I doubt it is a bug. When this GB change was announced some of us mentioned that the boosted provinces on the continent map would surely need a reduction in the boost they had - we were told that there were no plans to amend the boosts that these provinces had (on the basis that these were already too easy!!! haha), it seems that wasn't true. Not only were there plans to change the boosts but they've doubled them while taking 40% of our attack boost away! Somebody somewhere is having a real laugh at us tonight i'm sure. Any ideas how we're supposed to fight and win these sectors now?

DeletedUser276

I have talked with other cms and as far as we can tell there was no intention to increase the defensive % of the pvp provinces. Indeed looks like a bug.

DeletedUser7128

INNO thaanks for stealing my money again!

25 PVP battles all GB`s max... lost 30 units and spend 450 Diamonds healing! Cant wait to see when I reach 74! INNO you really saw me cumming! Well done great Business Plan you caught 1 suckker and his name is Rassie!

This is a Joke!

I am now on 55 PVP battles lost maybe 55 units and 3600 DIAMONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And dont give me you BS I give you my full permision to publish MY PVP stats for tonight! I dare you no I beg you post my stats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chickens you wont ! No will spend 1 sent if you do!
This is not for the MODS but for INNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15501

Nobody forces you to spend diamonds to heal your units you know. You can also like rebuild them or wait for them to heal up? It's your own choice. :)

DeletedUser8813

I think most agree that some changes were needed to balance things between attack and def..
but for me this was way over the top..
it looks more like they wanted to slow the end game users down..and to stop the points bonanza they created with the new super hood merges.

there were better ways to achieve this (more user friendly) and not what we see as a ripoff..

remember inno you knew where the game was heading you had the plan..you sold us the buildings then took the best part of it away..
you created the super hoods... we only took advantage of the points it gave us...and now you punish us for you own short sighted-ness

DeletedUser14704

Quite frankly, disgusted at the complete change of the game mechanics for the normal "territory" maps.
This has utterly unbalanced the traditional part of the game. Having spent over a year learning, and slowly building, you have negated the entire effort in 1 fell swoop.
By all means use separate values for GB bonuses on the GvG map, seeing as that is an optional part of the game anyway, but for pity's sake don't mess the settings for the rest of it. If your intention is to 'bully' us into partaking in GvG then that's a major own goal on your part, instead you've left us with a feeling that it's pointless investing in high cost buildings when all benefit can be taken away at the press of a button.
Progress in the game will now frequently grind to a halt as losses to conquer each sector will be unacceptably high, and we'll be left with a trading game on 1 side to progress, and a separate sub-game of PvP on the other (assuming by trial and error we make sense of the incomplete gibberish that was supposed to describe its function).
Suddenly, other tasks seem much more appealing than playing FoE, as you appear to have made a complete hash of it.
Not impressed. :(

DeletedUser3157

Well if they wanted to push everyday attackers from PvP to GvG with this change, then they will succeed to a degree - there are simply much more easyer points to be taken from GvG than beating well defended neighbors.

After spending several hours today on GvG and PvP with new boosts, it's quite obvious what it's gonna take to succeed nowadays. Personally I didn't quit hardcore gaming 1.5 years ago and joined some casual past-time game to play super laggy dumbed down HOMM2 type battles 16h/day. So mine, like I'd imagine most other current long time players reign in the top will be soon finished. And those willing to put in the effort needed shall replace us.

Really, if u wanna rack up points nowadays then only the time you wanna/can spend fighting and your imagination abusing the endless possebilities to rack up points in GvG are the limits, you can do it whole day long from morning when you wake till evening when you go to bed.

DeletedUser

Guys, why do you bother writing here how dissapoint in INNO you are? Do you really think they care? Do you really think they read this? Do you really think they will do something to help players? The hell has been going for over a year now and they haven't done anything to help. (for ex. stupid random neighbourhood merges and idea submissions (many ideas were accepted, never released)

Face the fact that INNO is just like EA and Apple, they care only about money.

DeletedUser99649

I never post on this forum, but this last update has forced me to voice my opinion. I used this game to distract myself from all the annoying things in life, but now its become the annoying thing in my life. Where once it was fun, now it is nagging at me. Each time I go to fight in pvp it just feels like someone put a rope around my hands and I have to hit each mouse button with my nose in order to play. Why are players that spend so much time and money on a game they love being punished? The only thing that makes sense is greed. Greed from the very top!

DeletedUser101325

Apologies if I have the wrong thread-not used this forum before.

I can appreciate the re balancing of gbs for the purpose of GvG however on Arvahall where I am trying to conquer sectors the sectors are at 110% and despite my best efforts I am unable to conquer them with my IA troops. Why were the sectors on the map not downgraded also? I did ask support and they said post in Forum?????? I am sorry to say I am fast loosing interest in the game.

DeletedUser8994

Now that the con artist's at INNO have ripped us all off. Will they see the error of what they have done? Unlikely. Here is another player who is loosing interest with the game. I'm not a big diamond user, so I guess it wont matter if I stop playing. Balancing att/def was needed for sure, but you have just gone over the top.

DeletedUser12086

With regards to province sector defence changes, these are not in the changelog because this was not an intended change. The bug has been reported and it's already being looked at.

Please be aware that this issue is a front end bug only (incorrect display), so your actual battle will not be affected.

DeletedUser101340

I am not happy with the changes to GB balancing. I am going to be boycotting the game for one week starting at 10:00 20/02/2014. I will not login for a week if when I come back changes have been made to revert to the same levels of GB bonuses and bonuses to conquerable sector troops have been put back too, then I will continue to play the game. If not I will continue to boycott. I urge anyone who is unhappy to do the same. Saying that I am unhappy is not enough, actions speak louder than words.

DeletedUser96901

goodbye
and it will not be reverted so no need to come back in one week

DeletedUser101340

The perfect reflection of the type of attitude INNO GAMES had when implementing the changes, thanks for the demonstration Mr. Ament!:D

DeletedUser8994

goodbye
and it will not be reverted so no need to come back in one week

Wow, really constructive reply. What if more follow sir dog-a-lot's example? How many players have to leave before all the forum mods jobs are on the line?

DeletedUser8813

Wow, really constructive reply. What if more follow sir dog-a-lot's example? How many players have to leave before all the forum mods jobs are on the line?

all the old guard could leave..it would not bother INNO ... as the new guard would take over..its a numbers game ..why do you think those that quit are still in the global rankings ..
bit like guilds holding on to high ranking players who have quit ..artificially inflate the numbers.