• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

DeletedUser15691

With the latest game update, the defense bonus provided by my GBs has plummeted from 120% to 70%, but I now have a 30% attack bonus when defending my city... which really doesn't do very much at all.

Problem 1 : with the nerfed GBs, conquering some sectors where AI troops have ridiculously high attack and defense bonuses will be nigh-on impossible. This just shows that devs really haven't thought this through.

Problem 2 : nerfing attack GBs has made players who have stocked up on Watchfires during last year's Easter pretty much invincible ; my attack bonus has dropped from 105% to 69%, which means that 15 Watchfires will pretty much cancel my GB's bonus.

Problem 3 : defense GBs are now pretty much worthless. Saint Basil's covers 25 squares, with a measly 3% defense bonus per level. Sure, you get 30,000 coins/day at level 10, but by the time your SB reaches level 10, you'll be in ME and that bonus will be irrelevant. In the meantime, 25 Watchfires offer a 100% defense bonus...

It's even worse with Deal Castle - sprawling over 49 squares, it also offers a measly 30% defense bonus on level 10... which means it's not remotely as good as a sizeable collection of Watchfires. And the medals bonus ? At 60 medals/day, it will take roughly 3 months to unlock the 6,000 medal expansion, which you'll very likely have unlocked way before your Deal Castle reaches level 10. Again, this really puts the nerfed Deal Castle's value into question, considering how many Goods this GB's construction requires and how much effort its advancement takes.

Question : wouldn't it be worth considering limiting the number of Watchfires a player can own ? Or maybe reducing the bonus provided by watchfires according to their number, e.g. 4% for 1-5 Watchfires, 3% for 5-10, etc. ? It seems to me that PvP has now become grossly unfair in favour of players who have amassed these items, and that GBs are no longer really worth the effort.

DeletedUser96901

Problem 3 : defense GBs are now pretty much worthless. Saint Basil's covers 25 squares, with a measly 3% defense bonus per level. Sure, you get 30,000 coins/day at level 10, but by the time your SB reaches level 10, you'll be in ME and that bonus will be irrelevant. In the meantime, 25 Watchfires offer a 100% defense bonus...
fact:
defense GBs are much better than before :rolleyes:
because they get 3% attack bonus

and 60/60 defense bonus from GBs is MUCH MUCH better than only 0/100 from watchfires

doing the match:
- 60/60 defense is equalized by 60/60 attack (everybody should know why)

- 0/100 defense is equalized by 41/41 attack.
calculation: (1+attack attack)*(1+attack defense) = (1+defense attack)*(1+defense defense)
(but defense attack = 0)

so gbs are almost 1,5 times better

DeletedUser8813

Question : wouldn't it be worth considering limiting the number of Watchfires a player can own ? Or maybe reducing the bonus provided by watchfires according to their number, e.g. 4% for 1-5 Watchfires, 3% for 5-10, etc. ? It seems to me that PvP has now become grossly unfair in favour of players who have amassed these items, and that GBs are no longer really worth the effort[

these item INNO knew would get bought in numbers same as gbs they knew the total boosts we would have..they had the game plan (well one would think so) but it really does seem like they are making it up as they go..so why do you want to make people who worked hard and had the foresight to load up on watchfires to be punished..you dont like it that your gbs got nerfed..PVP is now in favor of the defender they have now swung it too far..defenders lose no units they heal automatically so why should the offensive player suffer such great losses it does not add to the challange ''''.nerfing buildings and watchfires is not the answer..
smarter AI.....higher def/att on guild sectors..i have spent a good 10 months on my gbs to have them ripped out from under me..

DeletedUser15691

Test Ament > You're missing the point.

I was stating that seeing how attack GBs have been nerfed, attacking a neighbour who has a collection of Watchfires has gone from 'tricky' to 'bloody impossible', whereas attacking a neighbour with level 5 SB, for instance, is a cakewalk (a 15% attack bonus is really nothing too scary in a PvP situation). Also, for the same reason, it's going to be impossible to conquer some PE/ME provinces. And I'm glad I conquered the provinces held by El Hacha Gonzales before this update was launched - they're going to be almost impossible to get past with the nerfed attack bonus.

This update has reduced the value of all GBs that offered an attack/defense bonus. SoZ and CoA are only worth building because they're inexpensive and small, CdM is good for FPs... but DC ?! It's huge and costs a fortune to build, and it's really not something I would consider doing if I didn't already have it.

DeletedUser15468

Basically the effectiveness of defence has been increased and the effectiveness of the attack has been decreased.

I lose more men now in an attack than I did before

DeletedUser15691

Pedant > I agree with that, and it's not necessarily a bad thing (except when you're going up against boosted AI troops). I'm just noting that the value of some very expensive GBs has crashed, when compared to the huge collections of Watchfires that some players have. These guys are now pretty much invincible, which just makes certain GBs a lot less worthwhile and generally throws the game completely off balance - which goes against what Inno were obviously trying to achieve with this update.

DeletedUser15468

It makes the effort spent to build and upgrade St Basil's a bit worthless. As you say the investment in watchfires is suddenly very significant. My worry is that they change some aspects that affect the balance of the game. I knew they were going to introduce G V G but I did not expect such radical changes to the balance of attack and defence.

DeletedUser14664

Capture513.jpg

soon, those snipers will kill those tanks..... TANKS

Edit: i have 78% bonus

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15468

Aachen level 7 provides 21% attack - Thanks a lot. Months of building up a Great Building. 1,360 Forge points to get to level 7 and get 21% attack. That is a waste of a lot of my time and resources.

DeletedUser13805

it reminds me of when i first started the game losses were high and i had to plan my attacks around how often they would be healed or replaced, does anyone remember them days ? sadly pvp has been a very quck way for players to score points and win towers but on auto pilot so no skill needed, no time needed and if you had a strong boost then you wouldnt even lose a single unit

so what has changed ? we are now forced to play the game like it once was, is that such a bad thing ?
dont get me wrong i dont like how they have changed the caslte boosts and i was angry as hell yesterday when i lost so many units doing my hood but after thinking about it then its certainly made a game of it again
my only problem is that its put so many players off only 2 hoodies attacked me yesterday compared to at least 8 who are all competing in the pvp tower and now they are not doing so. this i thnk will be reflected all over the many hoods around

the gvg side of things is easy to battle so its clear they want everyone to switch to gvg and how better to make that happen than to make pvp almost imposable ?

i have closed down my other towns in the game now as i dont want to play them anymore there is no point so i only have this one account left which is my main one and belive me if i could get some money back i would cash that town in right here and now as i am angry at how its been done not with the idea or the change itself but how the company have upset so many people and not even had the courtesy of speaking to us over it as they know by now how much of an outcry there has been

DeletedUser

I'm used to being attacked by roughly 20 people each day. Since the update, I've only been attacked 4 times. Goodbye, PVP.

bilboman

Corporal
Apologies if I have the wrong thread-not used this forum before.

I can appreciate the re balancing of gbs for the purpose of GvG however on Arvahall where I am trying to conquer sectors the sectors are at 110% and despite my best efforts I am unable to conquer them with my IA troops. Why were the sectors on the map not downgraded also? I did ask support and they said post in Forum?????? I am sorry to say I am fast loosing interest in the game.

I agree that the levels for map sectors should have also been adjusted at the same time. It doesn't affect me at the moment but it is not fair to those who haven't finished the map.

DeletedUser13805

I agree that the levels for map sectors should have also been adjusted at the same time. It doesn't affect me at the moment but it is not fair to those who haven't finished the map.

forgive me if i am wrong but the players can complete the maps without fighting so therefore any changes made do not stop you from completing it so what is the issue ? compared to pvp witch is a game itself and has affected so many players who now can not play it or compete

DeletedUser8813

forgive me if i am wrong but the players can complete the maps without fighting so therefore any changes made do not stop you from completing it so what is the issue ? compared to pvp witch is a game itself and has affected so many players who now can not play it or compete

not really the point desy...the maps and bonus maps are there for all to complete as they see fit..me i wont negotiate so if i hadn't completed the map and it was made impossible by these changes i would be peeved..the maps give you that extra chance at game points we all that have finish had the opportunity..that has been taken away from some..that is grossly unfair..those that have always negotiated lose nothing

DeletedUser96901

normal map:
its possible to conquer them with troops from that age without any attack bonus
if someone can't do it then it's missing skill

bonus map:
you still can conquer it without any attack bonus
but you then need troops from the next age
I did the industrial age bonus map in two worlds with troops from progressive age and ZERO attack bonus

the maps give you that extra chance at game points we all that have finish had the opportunity..that has been taken away from some..
yes some really need to improve their fighting skills :rolleyes:
time to push only the autobattle button is over

DeletedUser13805

not really the point desy...the maps and bonus maps are there for all to complete as they see fit..me i wont negotiate so if i hadn't completed the map and it was made impossible by these changes i would be peeved..the maps give you that extra chance at game points we all that have finish had the opportunity..that has been taken away from some..that is grossly unfair..those that have always negotiated lose nothing

i know what your saying knight but my point is the changes dont stop them from completing something as there is another way around it ; )

i did the same i battled every bit of the map and yes i would of gone off my rocker to if they had changed the goal posts on it but at least i wouldnt be totaly stuck
the pvp players are stuck now
so many are not competing as there losing to many units so they have just said sod it and that's what is upsetting me a hell of a lot more as its been said a million times its the death of pvp and its been my friend for well over a year like it has to so many of us :(

DeletedUser15468

I can cope with the changes. It happened before when they reduced the effectiveness of the archers. They like to keep the game in balance and we like to find the loopholes that we can exploit to make the game more effective for us.

My biggest issue is the changes to the Great Buildings. They are not cheap and are not easy to erect and get to the various stages. Having saved up and made space and got myself a Deal Castle I find it is virtually useless. |I would have been better off buying/getting watchfires. So those with watch fires have an advantage where those of us who have worked for months to get a Great Building are left with very little to show for it.

It is disheartening and that is when you feel like giving up.

DeletedUser13805

well i have broken my own code of non plundering and started to plunder all those with hard defenses as it costs me a lot now in lost troops. my only advice to other players is to make sure you use attached units only when going in a pvp that you know is going to cost you units. try as best you can to beat as many as you can dont give up although most are : (

DeletedUser13805

Me too desy.....I need compensation for the losses :(

lol mr beef why do we still do it ??? thats what i want to know why dont we say forget this for a game of soilders pardon the pun i am off ? lol