• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Still hoping the CM and CCMs will confirm this is the case, it would be good to hear the whole admin team was united behind this decision :)

I wonder though, that if they were all online for you to gain all of their approval, why didn't one of them post? Would have been better for clarity.

As a CM Team we actively support the posts made my Zarok, and look forward to constructive feed back.

DeletedUser97349

As a CM Team we actively support the posts made my Zarok, and look forward to constructive feed back.

Thank you for confirming that, however you did not address my second question. But not unexpected I suppose :)

DeletedUser

Thank you for clarifying that you actively support the posts, it just would have been clearer from the start if you or one of the CM team had actively posted them. I do think this new policy needs to be reflected somewhere other than here.

And as above ^, you could have started this new era of openness by addressing all the questions in player comments, not just those you wanted to. Suddenly, I'm not very hopeful about this change of heart. Seems a lot like lip service to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Thank you for clarifying that you actively support the posts, it just would have been clearer from the start if you or one of the CM team had actively posted them.

It's rare for the CM team to post, as it's the norm to have the Senior Mods deal with the forum on a day to day basis. It was the same when I was forum admin - I did the posting, but my posts were approved of/supported fully by the CM. It's implicit in being a senior team member :)

DeletedUser99588

It's rare for the CM team to post, as it's the norm to have the Senior Mods deal with the forum on a day to day basis. It was the same when I was forum admin - I did the posting, but my posts were approved of/supported fully by the CM. It's implicit in being a senior team member :)

Doesn't seem to fit with what I have observed. Starzaan responded to many of the forums posts as a member of the CM team and Darkstar similarly is putting in the effort to do so. From the outside looking in it appears much of the legwork falls to a few individuals while others are never seen.

DeletedUser101150

Doesn't seem to fit with what I have observed. Starzaan responded to many of the forums posts as a member of the CM team and Darkstar similarly is putting in the effort to do so. From the outside looking in it appears much of the legwork falls to a few individuals while others are never seen.

But isn't a characteristic of a team dynamic that individual members migrate to areas where they can utilize their strengths? So some may be more publicly visible than others, not so much from the title they hold at the time, but also because of there personality and skill sets? Or do you feel it would be better for the entire team to be more visible in general?
I am asking to clarify your thoughts on this, in no way am I challenging the point you are making, thanks.

DeletedUser

With all due respect, Amy, thanatos is right. It's only rare for the CM herself to post - and it simply shouldn't be. You know as well as I do that it's a case of disinterest in the community and lack of knowledge of the game on their part. They should not be so utterly reliant on their CCMs or anyone else to do all the work with the community.

DeletedUser97349

I agree with thanatos, it is not and should not be rare for the CM team to post, in my opinion. There are three members of that team, between them they should be able to maintain a presence on the forum and post with authority on matters which affect the running of the team and how the forum is handled. Although I do agree it is unfair for the burden to fall on only one member of that team, I only hope that work is now appreciated, as Darkstar does a good job under difficult circumstances imo.

Edit: in reply to Zarok Dai, if the CM does not, as you are implying, have the appropriate skill set and personality traits to manage the Community, that would seem to suggest they don't have the skill set to be the Community Manager.

DeletedUser101150

Edit: in reply to Zarok Dai, if the CM does not, as you are implying, have the appropriate skill set and personality traits to manage the Community, that would seem to suggest they don't have the skill set to be the Community Manager.

In no way did I imply that. I was simply posing a scenario to thanatos for my own curiosity.

DeletedUser99588

But isn't a characteristic of a team dynamic that individual members migrate to areas where they can utilize their strengths? So some may be more publicly visible than others, not so much from the title they hold at the time, but also because of there personality and skill sets? Or do you feel it would be better for the entire team to be more visible in general?
I am asking to clarify your thoughts on this, in no way am I challenging the point you are making, thanks.

It was merely my observation and one I believe to be true. Obviously I don't know what happens in the background but a Community Manager or Co Community Manager that doesn't engage with the community seems a trifle odd to me. Tracey was initially, when first given the position, actively involved but that was a very short spell and around the time of the HoF and graphics accelerator debacles and I also think we had that best city prize furore as well.

Anyway since then hardly any interaction with the community. As you say maybe working with the community is not a strength all have but then maybe being a CM is not the ideal position in those circumstances. I really don't know but it has been clear for a long time things are not working out well for many that take the role as a moderators as they seem to leave the position and not on favourable terms.

Edit: Realised I hadn't actually answered your question. I think the CM team should be active in the forum but the CM should mainly get involved with the major issues especially around serious update problems like those we have endured recently and those issues that are clearly a significant problem for players. For example GB balancing. However, to do so probably requires fundamental knowledge about the game and a desire for it to be the best it can be and the vibe I'm getting is that maybe that passion just isn't there for the current CM.

I do recognise that Innogames do not support the CM team and moderators in general anywhere near enough so I have some sympathy but at some point a stand needs to be made. Maybe it is time for the CM team and moderators to say enough is enough. We need to be supported and the players need to have solutions to these issues in a timely fashion. GB balancing, health sort/filter, GvG abuses and many more have just taken to long to be resolved and still waiting. If Innogames are not willing to provide that support then you have to ask yourselves whether you are going to continue to have your integrity compromised because of it.

DeletedUser101150

Ok so from what's being said, a more active and visible presence from the CM team on the forum is an important issue to everyone, and that is the kind of feedback that is helpful.
So does anyone else have any other areas they feel the team needs to improve on? We really do want to know.

DeletedUser

Ok so from what's being said, a more active and visible presence from the CM team on the forum is an important issue to everyone, and that is the kind of feedback that is helpful.
So does anyone else have any other areas they feel the team needs to improve on? We really do want to know.

You keep using the term 'CM team', I believe we have already established that some on the team are doing more than their fair share of interaction with the community. The majority of posts have pointed specifically at the absence of the actual CM, not their team. What I would not like to see is the responsibility of managing the community continuing to fall solely on the shoulders of the CCMs.

A more active and visible presence from the CM would be a start. Personally, I'd like to see how that pans out and more importantly, if it is sustained before making any further suggestions.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I confess, I repped everyone within a 2 mile radius. The annoying 'spread the love message' you get when you rep the same person too often drove me to it. But only LordDeathrider got the turnip... like the quid in the Christmas pudding ^_^

I got a turnip too :)

EDIT: yaaaaaaaaaaayy I just got a muffin as well :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser106214

I'll be honest... I don't think it is just the Community Manager that hasn't been as active on the forums,
I also believe the other Co-Community Manager who joined after Darkstar hasn't been as active either. This is why I feel that we can't blame this entirely on our Community Manager. In order to bring about improvements, I feel that the two of the three members of the Community Management Team who just sign in to the forum and just sign out need to make more of an effort.

DeletedUser106214

How exactly have you gleaned this knowledge of the en server?

I don't think that is any of your concern to be honest. All I can say is that I know enough about what goes on at EN server to know who does what around this community and that is why I feel I am able to comment on what improvements need to be made in relation to this forum and the community as a whole.

DeletedUser99588

I don't think that is any of your concern to be honest. All I can say is that I know enough about what goes on at EN server to know who does what around this community and that is why I feel I am able to comment on what improvements need to be made in relation to this forum and the community as a whole.

Yes I can see how you would have a wealth of knowledge even though you don't play the server, participate much in the forum and have only come out of the woodwork when the CM team were put under some pressure.

Your opinion matters although I would have preferred to have a point of reference for it as it is easy to say you know all about something but for your peers to take that onboard you really should state where exactly this wealth of knowledge comes from.

DeletedUser101150

So no one else has any other feedback or suggestions for us?
I'm sure there must be some of you that have an opinion you would like to share here.

Status
Not open for further replies.