• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Did the forums get changed in some way today? it seems like the sections have different names and the threads are moved all around.

DeletedUser1094

It looks like the "Game Discussion" and "Questions & FAQ" have been merged into this sub-forum, "Discussions & Questions". :rolleyes:
Can't find anything else that have been changed... not meaning that there is not... I just can't see it. ;)

DeletedUser5180

i noticed this also

is there a reason for the change.? if not can we have it back please...... as just like the game, if it ain't broke don't fix it

DeletedUser16026

The forum required a cleanup to make it more compact instead of spread out as it was. Discussions and Questions used to get the same type of threads so they were merged together. Threads which provide feedback about game content, or are complaints about such, would be more suitable for the Feedback section. It's better for feedback to be on one place so it does not fall behind due to questions and game discussions.

This also helps structure the areas in a more suitable way for various reasons. For example the forum rules have been edited to allow beta discussion in certain sections. These sections are Bug Reports, Announcement Discussions, and Ideas (which is now also placed higher; please keep in mind that new ideas should still be based on the EN server,s but it is okay to make comments based on experiences on Beta). These were the sections where conversations about Beta were already happening more or less. This has been noted with a '' in front of the description for these forums.

To sum up the list of forum changes:
  • Game Discussions and Questions have been merged together
  • Announcement Discussions will hold all the threads based on announcements
  • 'Feedback' threads will be moved to the Feedback section
  • FAQs and Update Questions have been merged together
  • GFX section is now a subforum of Soap-box Square
  • Player Journals and Guild Journals will be merged together, threads will be separated by prefixes ([Guild], [Player]). The Journals area will be moved as a subforum (current destination unknown, can provide an update at a later point).

Some of these are still in progress, some of them have not been done yet. Apologies for the inconvenience till it's all completed.

DeletedUser

Seems like some sensible changes.

well, yeah for the most part. but now you need to log in to read all of our complaints about things going on, thus new users are far less likely to see them. this seems to be at least part of the purpose in my opinion.

This topic is placed wrong, it belongs to feedback. :rolleyes:

well, it started off as a question. but you may be right, we can let the mods decide that.

DeletedUser99588

well, yeah for the most part. but now you need to log in to read all of our complaints about things going on, thus new users are far less likely to see them. this seems to be at least part of the purpose in my opinion.

They are a devious bunch those moderators, who would have thought they would try and hide posts that contain complaints. I'm all in favour for reorganising the forum to make it easier to maintain but a big thumbs down for trying to hide complaints behind password protected section.

DeletedUser6065

They are a devious bunch those moderators, who would have thought they would try and hide posts that contain complaints. I'm all in favour for reorganising the forum to make it easier to maintain but a big thumbs down for trying to hide complaints behind password protected section.

Yes, this is pretty blatant.

. . . . mk

DeletedUser108167

Ummm... another knee-jerk "decision". Keep the newcomers in the dark and if they are purely mobile users they probably can't see much anyway until the devs get around to it. By the way has anyone noticed the recent obscene amount of advertising for the game, aimed at mobile device users?

DeletedUser16026

This was not the intention of any of the changes. It seems the Feedback section was set up as such prior to this, we had not noticed that and have now edited it. Thank you for pointing it out. :)

ETA: If you notice any other issues please do point them out.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I don't like the new format. When going to the forum before it was easy to see new topics in either the discussion or questions sections. Now, in fact never mind..who cares anyway? I'm wasting my time posting

Last edited:

DeletedUser5180

I don't like the new format. When going to the forum before it was easy to see new topics in either the discussion or questions sections. Now, in fact never mind..who cares anyway? I'm wasting my time posting

agreed, especially where threads have been moved to announcement discussions, as most threads COULD fall into this category as most things discussed here would have been announced at some point before becoming part of the game :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Announcement discussion are just specific feedback regarding one of the announcement which 99.9% of the time it is started by an admin. They have something similar to that on the US forums, so I'm use to it, but I can understand how the change affects the forum veterans here.

DeletedUser5180

Announcement discussion are just specific feedback regarding one of the announcement which 99.9% of the time it is started by an admin. They have something similar to that on the US forums, so I'm use to it, but I can understand how the change affects the forum veterans here.

i guess i could be classed as a forum veteran lol

if these changes were going to make a difference to the way the devs interact with the players (ie were going to respond directly) then i'd be happier and 100% behind the changes, but as it stands its not an improvement for the players but maybe easier for the mods.?

its a bit like me coming home from work to find the missus has rearranged all the cupboards in the house and i cant find what im looking for, i'm opening 4 cupboards instead of just the 1 :p

DeletedUser99588

On the subject of the forum. We seem to be experiencing excessive censorship lately. I've had posts removed without notification and I'm sure I hadn't put anything in them that warranted such removal. Starting to feel like there is a deranged despot running things or maybe I'm imagining these threads/posts that are here one moment and gone the next.

I would complain except there isn't a professional means to do so as Innogames expect you to complain about the CM team to the CM team. Lol, you couldn't make it up. Maybe the CM got inspiration from George Orwell.

Response to censorship: Yes byordie I have a problem with your editing as I didn't insult anyone. One word for you 'Integrity'.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Starting to feel like there is a deranged despot running things...

It does feel a bit like that, doesn't it? But having done a little legwork beforehand, any complaints regarding a CM will fall on deaf ears regardless. It is a sad and frustrating thing to see a CM's involvement on their forum and interaction with their players limited to apparently censoring opinions of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.