• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall 2017

DeletedUser111351

@Ilela Oh the scouting tasks are certainly frustrating. Anything relating to the overland fighting map can be very ill-timed or tough to accomplish. As nasty as those are, those I can deal with. They are straight forward; when I give you this task, do it. The event isn't actively punishing and rewarding me at the same time for any choice I make. With aid the game is effectively saying here is a piece of candy. You can have the candy, but if you take it I will punch you in the gut. If you choose not to take the candy I will give you the cash value of the candy, but then I will punch you in the face.

DeletedUser110179

@Ilela With aid the game is effectively saying here is a piece of candy. You can have the candy, but if you take it I will punch you in the gut. If you choose not to take the candy I will give you the cash value of the candy, but then I will punch you in the face.
lol ... too funny.

LOL - The new story, event & treasure hunt tabs the left side - Don't you guys have anything else to work on in the code besides all this useless fluff?

DeletedUser110179

The 3 day wait for the next prize below the baskets is well → Boring!
I love waiting ... it's what I enjoy most (but I'm not a good advert for FoE) .
Just finished 3rd questline on F-world ... waiting on Special Daily Upgrades (to level up 4 Cider Mills) .

Cider_Mill.png

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I am no longer able to complete the fall event quests because some idiot decided that 'Complete a story quest' was a good idea.
I am in HMA and the next two 'story' quests available to me are 'Build a tower ruin' (which is well into the LMA tech tree), or 'Ruler of the Continent' which needs me to advance to the progressive era.

DeletedUser110179

I am no longer able to complete the fall event quests because some idiot decided that 'Complete a story quest' was a good idea.
It's not actually "Complete a story quest" ... it's " solve any other quest (e.g. a story guest) " .

I had the same story quest option (since I'm also in HMA on 2 worlds) ... but my recurring quest was

Alchemist.png
" produce Saltpeter two times " which takes 24 hrs in an Alchemist.

DeletedUser110195

So is it just me that finds the use of Aid in this event to be a bit problematic?
Not particularly. Here's what you do: Aid friends, aid guildies, leave neighbors. So when an aid x number of people comes up, you aid 'hoodlums. I view neighbors in this game as people to use as I see fit. If I need to aid someone for a quest, I aid the requisite number of neighbors. If I need to plunder something, I plunder enough neighbors. They're people I didn't choose to have contact with, so I don't care what they think of my not aiding them regularly, they should be so lucky I don't plunder them regularly.

DeletedUser110179

... they should be so lucky I don't plunder them regularly.
Quite so ...
though they might be quite happy to pay "protection fees" if you delivered a service to the community
(like protecting them from members of the hood who attack without your permission) .

I think I reached my limit with the quest event thing - I am done with them at this point - had enough of them! From my perspective they are good for all the new players.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
It's not actually "Complete a story quest" ... it's " solve any other quest (e.g. a story guest) " .

I had the same story quest option (since I'm also in HMA on 2 worlds) ... but my recurring quest was

View attachment 13140" produce Saltpeter two times " which takes 24 hrs in an Alchemist.
All good and well, but I don't have any recurring quests.

lgw5LLizSimFkNNJUP2Ttg.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

and what can other learn from it
doing industrial age bonus provinces and bonus questline in high middle age brings big problems :rolleyes:

DeletedUser111532

Watchtowers can be very useful and space for space give more defense then L10 defense Gb's. So many players have deleted defense gb and have watchtowers instead. A few more have massive 500+ defenses and rarely get hit except by the few with massive attack %

Needless to say, watchfires are also extremely versatile compared to GBs (or any building), being a swarm of 1x1 towers they can take any shape you want - and do NOT need a road connection... thus you just plug any holes you may have with them (eg last road tile on the edge of your cities etc). And consider the bucket loads of FP you save that way!

Galladhorn

Monarch
----UPDATE-BELOW---

Non Animated Cidermill upgrades :(

Just Finished the Fall event, upgrading to the Bountiful Cidermill - but must admit that I was quite dissapointed by it not being animated at all. The original Cidermill has charm, with the waterstream etc - The bountifull Cidermill just look completely dead in comparison. You started something you should follow up on it - If a building does not have animations then no one will expect them, but if it has, upgrading should follow that concept.
I hope this can be upgraded in reverse with the next update. Spin the mill, make the water move....
TY

----UPDATE----

I checked the mobile version and the mill is in fact animated,
just does not animate when playing from a browser on the computer.
It might have to do with the versions etc. but a such other buildings do animate when i play,
so this might just be a minor fix or a browser cache issue.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111351

Not particularly. Here's what you do: Aid friends, aid guildies, leave neighbors. So when an aid x number of people comes up, you aid 'hoodlums. I view neighbors in this game as people to use as I see fit. If I need to aid someone for a quest, I aid the requisite number of neighbors. If I need to plunder something, I plunder enough neighbors. They're people I didn't choose to have contact with, so I don't care what they think of my not aiding them regularly, they should be so lucky I don't plunder them regularly.
Okay, so you've made the choice to give up any and all apples you might get from aiding your neighbors. Yes, everyone can make this same choice. This also gives up any and all apples you can find from trees from neighbors aiding you. This is exactly the whole point of my post. The developers added a feature for the event that is supposed to be fun and benefit players, but it was implemented in a way that makes it better to NOT use it.

Your choice does also make the assumption that the quest will be for aids of about 70 or less, which I don't know will always be the case. If suddenly the quest called for aids in the exact number of your neighborhood (because you can't aid yourself), you would now need to wait. Or maybe a player does a lot of raiding doesn't have enough aids left to complete the task. Either situation requires delaying aids on friends and guild as well (or being stuck waiting for used aids to reset).

DeletedUser110419

I aid in groups throughout the day. It means everyone gets aided as soon as possible (maximizing apple potential), and I never have to wait very long to complete any aid quests.

DeletedUser110175

So is there any spoiler list of special rewards that will be appearing daily?

And the 135 basket (20%, 5%, 10%-x6, 15%) certainly seems better than the 75 basket (10%-x6, 15%, 15%), right!....has anybody ever tried the 75 basket yet for the daily specials!