• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fall 2017

DeletedUser110179

Why would a Bountiful Cider Mill be better than an SoK?
It gives 3 fp/d and goods ... compared 1 fp/d from SoK.

But 4 SoK are better than 1 Bountiful Cider Mill (For the same number of Daily Specials ... if you start from scratch).

scibuff

Sergeant
OK, but BCM is 3x5 and a SoK 2x2 so BCM gives 0.2 FP/sq and SoK gives 0.25 FP/sq plus $. Does anyone use these buildings for goods (or anything else)?

With that in mind I really like the Maharaja Palace. Yes the first set is big 4x8 but all other sets require just 4x6 and give 5 FPs/day + $ + goods + happiness. I really wish I didn't focus on getting SoK but rather the palaces during the summer event.

Last edited:

scibuff

Sergeant
Don't worry, with a little patience and effort you'll be able to build up the number of Palaces you have once Daily Challenges hit the live servers.
And, more than likely, you'll get the chance for more Cider Mills and Upgrades.

True, the daily challenges is finally something on beta I'm actually looking forward to do on the live servers...

DeletedUser111532

Question: new player here (will be playing for a month in a few days, currently in HMA)
Just unlocked watchfire in a basket, and can unlock more for 100 apples for the next day. Is it best to get a few before opening more baskets? how useful are watchfires, and how common?

thanks for all opinions!

DeletedUser19452

Is it not possible to make it when you aid a person the apples appear on your own city, this will then make people aid, to receive apples plus the player gets aided, now you don't get many apples as some people just want to collect apples and not aid themselves, not fair in my opinion.

DeletedUser110419

Question: new player here (will be playing for a month in a few days, currently in HMA)
Just unlocked watchfire in a basket, and can unlock more for 100 apples for the next day. Is it best to get a few before opening more baskets? how useful are watchfires, and how common?

thanks for all opinions!
I've never seen the use of them. It would take dozens of them before it would deter attackers, and you might as well use the space to build extra goods buildings to make up for any plundering that might occur.

scibuff

Sergeant

thanks for all opinions!

Watchfire gives defense bonus ... virtually all high score players have dozens of them in their cities to counteract all the offensive bonus from GBs a potential attacker has. If you have nothing better to spend your apples on, it is not too bad of building

DeletedUser111532

I've never seen the use of them. It would take dozens of them before it would deter attackers, and you might as well use the space to build extra goods buildings to make up for any plundering that might occur.

The real use I find for them is that they are a 1x1 building that does not require a road connection ... might as well fill spaces left unused at the edges of the city with those and get something to show for it. I don't know how easy it is to get a hold of them later on (when they might actually be useful, or I might have the resources for them).

Currently, I obviously have something better for apples -- more apple baskets! Just trying to weigh the pros/cons for this building in a relatively early age (HMA).

DeletedUser100832

A lot of people in my world (H) have them, you constantly see defs of 400% and above

I think I have one, and only because I never got round to deleting it :P

DeletedUser6065

As I said, virtually all top players have dozens of these in their cities
Nope.
Some, perhaps more than a few . . . maybe. But 'virtually all' - hardly.

The only justification for watchfires is if you are overly sensitive to the possibility of being plundered. Then, yes they can aid in city defense. However, even with watchfires, ya can still get whupped.

And, once you reach a certain point, there is the chance that you won't really care if you are plundered. So much stuff is produced in-city, plus all the side goodies of Guild Expedition, various events, and whatever, that you really don't miss the stuff. More of an annoyance really.

Better to use whatever you have to spend on other things. And remember, 'dozens' of watchfires does take up space.
. . . mk

DeletedUser109966

Are the animations in the Cider Mill upgrades not working... ??

I've seen a 2nd level and final level Cider Mill so far... and both don't have animations ??

DeletedUser110179

Are the animations in the Cider Mill upgrades not working... ??
I've seen a 2nd level and final level Cider Mill so far... and both don't have animations ??
Make sure your animation option is switched on in your settings .

Mandelynn

Corporal
Did the tech tree on the first tier of quest but will fork over the goods for the rest.
Does anyone know if HoF is going to be offered this fall?

DeletedUser110179

It would seem that the daily cap while Aiding is ... 48
_Fall_Apple.png
!!!

" 48 apples would come to 240 players.
Inno is strange for picking such a number considering players can have 140 friends, 79 guild mates and around 80 neighbors usually, so 300 players.
The counter is reset at the same time as the Daily Prizes change over. "
Mek2 - wiki