• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Bug Feedback] GvG: Enough is Enough

DeletedUser99438

GvG Calculation 28th August 2018
Experienced following faults

1. When there is more than one siege active at the same time, opening any other sector will see a copy of the other sector under siege, thus one cannot access the targeted sector. To explain further, one will see the siege army, defences and sector details for the other sector. This means one cannot lay a siege on any other sector, place a defence or kill a siege on the sector targeted. The only fix for this is to wait for the siege on the other sector to end or reload the maps. Reloading the maps doesn’t always fix the issue though.

6. When fighting on “autobattle”, the results screen does not appear, sometimes the fight that one completed does not log. At times, several battles can be done without a results screen and then several results screens, or several “conflict issue” pop ups appear later, one after the other. Sometimes it appears as if more screens appear than actions were completed. This is hindering any further action until the screens stop appearing, sectors can be lost in this time that could have otherwise been prevented.

9. The map freezes, like it’s stuck in time, it doesn’t update. Thus, one can watch a map and think there are no actions, despite the fact that a siege is ongoing. Again a reload is the only manual fix for this.

PLUS
Not previously stated: Siege flag has a loading screen on it (can't really explain that one)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. When there is more than one siege active at the same time, opening any other sector will see a copy of the other sector under siege, thus one cannot access the targeted sector. To explain further, one will see the siege army, defences and sector details for the other sector. This means one cannot lay a siege on any other sector, place a defence or kill a siege on the sector targeted. The only fix for this is to wait for the siege on the other sector to end or reload the maps. Reloading the maps doesn’t always fix the issue though.

9. The map freezes, like it’s stuck in time, it doesn’t update. Thus, one can watch a map and think there are no actions, despite the fact that a siege is ongoing. Again a reload is the only manual fix for this.

DeletedUser108792

6. When fighting on “autobattle”, the results screen does not appear, sometimes the fight that one completed does not log. At times, several battles can be done without a results screen and then several results screens, or several “conflict issue” pop ups appear later, one after the other. Sometimes it appears as if more screens appear than actions were completed. This is hindering any further action until the screens stop appearing, sectors can be lost in this time that could have otherwise been prevented.

Experiancd the above tonight.

DeletedUser112892

Just a friendly suggestion. Just checked your thread on Beta forum, you should be more active there, because you will get most concrete answer there, because Beta forum is forum where players' questions about bugs will get more attention and probably better response :)

DeletedUser109930

7. When fighting the selected army does not remain in the troop panel, rather it goes blank and one has to re-select troops to fight/defend. There are times when it takes 3 to 4 attempts to select 8 troops for battle. Further, one may enter a battle with 8 troops in the panel, but the results window will show troops missing after the battle is complete. Oftentimes troops are being unnecessarily and unfairly lost due to the system not registering the troops selected by the player. Thus, the battle goes on with 5 or 6 rogues and no deciding troop.

Agent327

Overlord
I see Agent 327 has a lot of negativity on these thoughts,although I see from your activity in game not much happens in your 2 worlds I have to ask what is your purpose here as you seem to be in the minority.

Is the amount of activity in any way related to me being allowed to have an opinion?

Ofcourse I am in the minority. This is a group effort and if your opinion is not that of the group, you are not bound to be a majority.

I am trying to be realistic here. It has been 4 years and still some problems have not been "fixed". That should tell you that demanding them to be fixed does not mean it will happen tomorrow. Most players play on the app. GvG is not on the app. That makes it that less than 50% of the players play GvG. Except ofcourse that most players on the PC do not play it either. So it is a small group of about 10% of all players that play GvG. That seems to me to be a good reason to just ditch GvG and put an end to all problems. I am in favor of that. So if you want to spam and flood Support to get your way and in that process hurt the game of other players aam I supposed to start cheering for that?

DeletedUser99438

Shouldn't mods be removing irrellevant and off topic posts? It's making a mockery of the issue at hand, deflecting from it, making it uncomfortable for genuine posters (for or against) and it makes it difficult for the person who will collate all the information for the devs to filter through these irrelevant posts. I mean it's ridiculous and getting completely out of hand... it's not just one or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Shouldn't mods be removing irrellevant and off topic posts?

So you are not allowed to answer questions? You should just like eachothers posts all the time?

This is "Discussions & Feedback". Not "Let's all have the same opinion".

Isn't copying and repeating eachothers posts irrelevant as well?

DeletedUser111359

Spamming is against forum rules, so I kindly suggest you not to test mods'patience :)

Unfortunately, at this point the response from mods seems to have solidified to "Don't do that again, or I'll have to tell you not to do that again" as the response to all violations. While I realize they can't/won't/don't announce punishments, you'd think that sooner or later the effect of them would become obvious. And so far...

DeletedUser108792

Okay, but to what end? What is your end goal of spamming support?
What is support if all it does to aid the individual except to point them to a forum where I might add does not provide the answer either.Then we are accused of spamming support,I put this to you in a different way we have had enough of being palmed off with the devs are aware of this or the devs are working on this.While we have ceased the tickets to support,and this is due to the respect we have for mods and an outside contact.the mods who give their own time selflesly to help others.(Respect Mods)But I for one will be keeping my hard earned cash in my pockets till inno sorts out the problems we the customer are having.

Agent327

Overlord
Can we get back on topic please folks

This is on topic?

Good afternoon folks

Please take a look at the following link
https://www.webroot.com/gb/en/home/resources/tips/pc-security/you-cant-win-an-argument-with-a-troll

I would like to thank those who have posted here and kept on topic, this is an extremely important topic right now and please don't be side tracked by some of the above as we risk losing momentum, so please ignore and carry on with any useful information that will help the cause.

In your efforts to derail those that do not agree with you, you are of topic as much as anyone else. This is a discussion. Not your wish list, or your sole right to claim and demand what you want. If you and your buddies want to list your complaints over and over again, put it in the bugs section. No one will discuss it with you there.

Last edited:

DeletedUser112892

What is support if all it does to aid the individual except to point them to a forum where I might add does not provide the answer either.Then we are accused of spamming support,I put this to you in a different way we have had enough of being palmed off with the devs are aware of this or the devs are working on this.While we have ceased the tickets to support,and this is due to the respect we have for mods and an outside contact.the mods who give their own time selflesly to help others.(Respect Mods)But I for one will be keeping my hard earned cash in my pockets till inno sorts out the problems we the customer are having.
Support is not consisted of devs. That is why support personel direct you to forums. It is not their fault.

Agent327

Overlord
What is support if all it does to aid the individual except to point them to a forum where I might add does not provide the answer either.

They do not have the answer. I agree with you that they should be more cleasar with you about why they send you to the forum and what they expect of you there.

Then we are accused of spamming support,I put this to you in a different way we have had enough of being palmed off with the devs are aware of this or the devs are working on this.

You were not palmed off. They can not do anything else than forwarding it and you were spamming them. It is no accusation. It is a fact your group admitted.

While we have ceased the tickets to support,and this is due to the respect we have for mods and an outside contact.the mods who give their own time selflesly to help others.(Respect Mods)But I for one will be keeping my hard earned cash in my pockets till inno sorts out the problems we the customer are having.

If you hadf respect, you would not spam them in the first place.

Keep your money in your pockets. You should have read the Terms of Service before you started spending it.

DeletedUser107966

Posting here to show my support for the OP.

Some problems have been there since I started playing back in 2015, others have crept in since.

I'm sure the "Top men" at Innogames are far too busy designing a new 27 level special building for the fall event to bother with them though.

DeletedUser115071

+1 for sure... There are several other problems unmentioned for that... And I mean...

I was stuck in AA sector after a reload and being on the PME map... It couldn't fix itself for half a day... I just got a nice message that support is consistent of GvG players and they know the frustration, welp that was like 6 months ago.

DeletedUser99438

Hi folks!

Several posts were deleted for being off topic. If you see any off topic posts, please report them and do not respond to them. Responding merely serves to derail this important thread even further. Reported posts will be dealt with as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your assistance with keeping this thread on topic :)

Thanks Amy much appreciated

Emberguard

Legend
I very much doubt it is 'impossible' to code GVG for the app.
If it were for the App purely on its own there's probably a way to make something akin to GvG. But to get that running alongside the desktop coding would be a far bigger challenge as it'd have to be compatible with the framework already in place. I'm not a experienced programmer so I can't say what challenges the programmers are likely to face for something like that, just that certain languages have specific restrictions and ways of handling problems that other languages don't.

Emberguard

Legend
@electricrainbows if you wish to update your OP I've compiled a table of the reports so it'd be easier for anyone viewing the thread to go straight to the relevant posts (I've inserted them with newest up the top)

Code for adding a new row to the table:
Code:
[tr][td]Username[/td][td]Bug Report[/td][td]Date/Time[/td][/tr]

Code:
[tr] [/tr]
// New row - surrounds the code for each column //

[td] [/td]
// columns //

[URL=' '] [/URL]
// Link to post //

Full table code for your convenience:
Code:
[table]
[tr][td]Username[/td][td]Bug Report[/td][td]Date/Time[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]LadySnowBlood[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-8#post-286568']Wrong Siege Displayed
Troop loadout not saving / Missing troops in battle
Game Freezes[/URL][/td][td]28th Aug 2018[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]D colquhuon[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-8#post-286564']Wrong Siege Displayed
Game Freeze
Siege Not Logging[/URL][/td][td]28th Aug 2018[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]mithrander[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-8#post-286563']Wrong Siege Displayed (Multi Siege)
Game Freezes[/URL][/td][td]28th Aug 2018[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]electricrainbows[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-8#post-286562']Wrong Siege Displayed (Multi Siege)
Auto Battles Cease Registering
Game Freezes[/URL]
[/td][td]28th Aug 2018[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Schatziecap[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-4#post-286030']Compilation of bugs encountered[/URL][/td][td]Unknown[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Last edited: