• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Bug Feedback] GvG: Enough is Enough

DeletedUser99438

Of course you should report issues, there are no better testers for game than it's own players. The thing is that you shouldn't spam in-game support, because, if you do so, you will make things worse and you will make staff consider you less serious.
Make a thread here, on forum, even a lot better on Beta forum, and keep it active.
Cheers :)

You're a moderator? We're not being taken seriously one way or the other ... and we don't believe that to be the fault of the moderators, we have a respect for many of them. However, unfortunately they are the only avenue Inno gives us for communication. Thus they bear the brunt of our frustrations ... and if I was moderator ... I'd take it on the head and realise this!

DeletedUser112892

You're a moderator? We're not being taken seriously one way or the other ... and we don't believe that to be the fault of the moderators, we have a respect for many of them. However, unfortunately they are the only avenue Inno gives us for communication. Thus they bear the brunt of our frustrations ... and if I was moderator ... I'd take it on the head and realise this!
Nope, I don't have moderator badge :)
Just an ordinary FoE player, same as you and majority of forum members ;)

Agent327

Overlord
More time to watch TV

Something you can also do if you play less.

We're not being taken seriously one way or the other

And you do not think that has anything to do with the way you go about things?

... and we don't believe that to be the fault of the moderators, we have a respect for many of them.

So your masterplan is to harrass them?

However, unfortunately they are the only avenue Inno gives us for communication.

No they are not. You can contact Inno directly in more than one way. That never occured to you?

Thus they bear the brunt of our frustrations ... and if I was moderator ... I'd take it on the head and realise this!

If I were a moderator you would get a warning, which you will obviously ignore, so you will get a ban. After the ban no doubt you will start again, so you will get a longer ban. Ofcourse as the revolutionairy you are that will not stop you, so I would give you a permanent ban and remove you from the game.

Guess we are both dreaming.

DeletedUser11992

"Guild vs Guild is an important aspect of the game to many of us, for some it is the only reason we play. The Guild vs Guild issues have seen the end of many good, longstanding players in the past. No amount of “events” or “guild expeditions” will be able to replace this aspect of the game for the avid GvGer. No doubt, if Guild vs Guild is taken from the equation completely, many more will leave. It is no longer acceptable to us, to have to play a game under such horrendous and frustrating conditions, indefinitely. We’ve been waiting patiently for three to four years and this in and of itself is an unacceptable period of time."

...................I agree with the above 100 per cent and surely i will be the first one to leave the game if these issues are not fixed. Its good that these complaints arrive to the right personnel, maybe the directors, as maybe they are the ones that are responsible for this negative attitude of ignoring the players pleads. Its a great game that is not being treated as it should be. It is becoming unplayable as time goes on. We hope these issues are giving attention, as otherwise there is nothing attractive about this game anymore.

DeletedUser102829

So from what has been said we should not raise tickets with support, but rather via the forums. In that case, can you answer the following questions?

1. Have the issues highlighted by electricrainbows been raised in a forum post in the past

2. How many times have any of these issues been raised in a forum post

3. Where any of these issues confirmed as bugs

4. Where any of these issues confirmed as bugs reported to the Game developers

5. When were they reported to the developers

6. What is the case number for each reported bug

7. How many open bugs are their relating to GvG

You may ask why all the questions. From my understanding this issue has been running for several years without resolution. So as CM’s gather the data from the questions above and present it to Inno and ask for an update off them then communicate it to us.

As an example; Bug 43355 - GvG: Battle does not end if the enemy army is defeated by another player. Reported via forum 16 Jul 17, forwarded to developers 24 Aug 17. Is this still open?

If the forum is the way to resolve a bug, then why is this bug still marked as forwarded, surely it should at least be confirmed.

P.S. I've tried searching the forum using "GvG" but it won't display the posts, my search word is either too short or occurs too often...

DeletedUser108792

To the Developers of Forge of Empires

We write once again to express our disdain at the lack of consideration that is shown toward fixing the crippling issues that prevail within the Guild vs Guild aspect of this game. Many of these issues have been reported several times, through multiple mediums, over the last three to four years, but no fix has yet been proposed. These issues are ever increasing and worsening with time and it is now near impossible to take any fluid action on these maps.

Guild vs Guild is an important aspect of the game to many of us, for some it is the only reason we play. The Guild vs Guild issues have seen the end of many good, longstanding players in the past. No amount of “events” or “guild expeditions” will be able to replace this aspect of the game for the avid GvGer. No doubt, if Guild vs Guild is taken from the equation completely, many more will leave. It is no longer acceptable to us, to have to play a game under such horrendous and frustrating conditions, indefinitely. We’ve been waiting patiently for three to four years and this in and of itself is an unacceptable period of time.

Thus, we urge you to make it a priority to fix some of the most crippling issues that are preventing a fluid and fair game on Guild vs Guild. In your consideration of this issue, we refer to you a statement made by Stefan Walter in July 2017 article of Pocket Gamer .biz.

“A big part of it is listening to players, and being open to information that comes from all sides ... We try and keep our core as it is, because we still have those players who have followed us for so long. You can't implement something which totally breaks their experience.”

It should be noted: We do not feel listened to regarding this issue, we have never felt listened to, and you are totally breaking the experience of loyal and longstanding players. We urge you to take notice and fix the game we love.

All of the issues below are experienced throughout every calculation for the majority of players. The issues are consistently present and make the game unplayable for many. Particularly in the first 10 to 20 mins of the game. Of late, the issues now continue even during the supposed quieter times, which was not previously characteristic.

1. When there is more than one siege active at the same time, opening any other sector will see a copy of the other sector under siege, thus one cannot access the targeted sector. To explain further, one will see the siege army, defences and sector details for the other sector. This means one cannot lay a siege on any other sector, place a defence or kill a siege on the sector targeted. The only fix for this is to wait for the siege on the other sector to end or reload the maps. Reloading the maps doesn’t always fix the issue though.

2. Another copying issue, it often appears like there are two sieges on the sector (visual double set of siege swords that hover over the sector).

3. Clicking on the icon to place siege doesn’t function at times, thus one cannot place a siege.

4. Clicking to open sector doesn’t function at times – requires several clicks, sometimes having to wait for the siege to end, or a total reload of the maps. This prevents one doing any action at all, be it to fight, siege or place a defence.

5. Clicking on a sector to place siege or defence can crash the game completely, meaning at times there is several reloads during one period of calculation.

6. When fighting on “autobattle”, the results screen does not appear, sometimes the fight that one completed does not log. At times, several battles can be done without a results screen and then several results screens, or several “conflict issue” pop ups appear later, one after the other. Sometimes it appears as if more screens appear than actions were completed. This is hindering any further action until the screens stop appearing, sectors can be lost in this time that could have otherwise been prevented.

7. When fighting the selected army does not remain in the troop panel, rather it goes blank and one has to re-select troops to fight/defend. There are times when it takes 3 to 4 attempts to select 8 troops for battle. Further, one may enter a battle with 8 troops in the panel, but the results window will show troops missing after the battle is complete. Oftentimes troops are being unnecessarily and unfairly lost due to the system not registering the troops selected by the player. Thus, the battle goes on with 5 or 6 rogues and no deciding troop.

8. Defence Issue, even outside of the usual busy periods. When one places a defence in a sector, you take down the troops already in place, in order to put up troops for the defence. After placing the defence, the old troops reappear instead of a clean panel. A bit of a nuisance when you are trying to place several defences, since you have to continue to take them down again each time. Manual fix for this is take the troops down, close the sector and reopen, then you can work away as normal (this is not acceptable to have to do this – but it is stated in case that helps you diagnose the issues going on here).

9. The map freezes, like it’s stuck in time, it doesn’t update. Thus, one can watch a map and think there are no actions, despite the fact that a siege is ongoing. Again a reload is the only manual fix for this.

10. Lag is consistent throughout every calculation period and onwards, it creates a sharp jittery freeze that stagnates the game, makes actions sluggish and slow or causes excessively long loading issues between actions.

11. HQs disappear – even though they have not been moved.
You really don't get it do you?

All you will accomplish is that you flood the Support system and hurt other players that have nothing to do with this. Support can not fix anything. Only the devs can. They can tell the devs about the problem, but after telling them, they have done their job. What do you want them to do? Start spamming the devs like you spam them?

Pay attention to what Sovereign is telling you. He is actually trying to help you, not work against you.

If you keep spamming Support they will do what we all do with spam. Put a filter on it and ignore it.
Just like you are spamming us?

DeletedUser108239

Guild vs Guild is an important aspect of the game for me yet it is getting more and more frustrating and I know of people who have left because of this.

Inno have had reports on issues in GvG for years yet instead of improving they are getting worse especially when events are running. It is no longer enough to clear cache or refresh. Please make it a priority to fix them. I again list the problems in case anyone has forgotten why this discussion started.

1. When there is more than one siege active at the same time, opening any other sector will see a copy of the other sector under siege, thus one cannot access the targeted sector. This means I cannot lay a siege on any other sector, place a defence or kill a siege on the sector targeted. I have tried reloading or switching maps but this will then happen again. I have missed resieging and fighting when I do this which is frustrating and not conducive for fast fighting.
2. It often appears like there are two sieges on the sector (visual double set of siege swords that hover over the sector).
3. Clicking on the icon to place siege doesn’t function at times, I cannot place a siege or resiege. I just see wood veneer.
4. Clicking to open sector doesn’t function at times – requires several clicks, sometimes having to wait for the siege to end, or a total reload of the maps. This prevents me doing any action at all, be it to fight, siege or place a defence.
5. Clicking on a sector to place siege or defence can crash the game completely, meaning at times there is several reloads during one period of calculation.
6. When fighting on “autobattle”, the results screen does not appear, sometimes the fight that one completed does not log. At times, several battles can be done without a results screen and then several results screens, or several “conflict issue” pop ups appear later, one after the other. Sometimes it appears as if more screens appear than actions were completed. This is hindering any further action until the screens stop appearing, sectors can be lost in this time that could have otherwise been prevented.
7. When fighting the selected army does not remain in the troop panel, rather it goes blank and one has to re-select troops to fight/defend. There are times when it takes 3 to 4 attempts to select 8 troops for battle. Further, one may enter a battle with 8 troops in the panel, but the results window will show troops missing after the battle is complete. Oftentimes troops are being unnecessarily and unfairly lost due to the system not registering the troops selected.
8. Defence Issue, even outside of the usual busy periods. When one places a defence in a sector, you take down the troops already in place, in order to put up troops for the defence. After placing the defence, the old troops reappear instead of a clean panel.
9. The map freezes, like it’s stuck in time, it doesn’t update. I can watch a map and think there are no actions, despite the fact that a siege is ongoing. Again a reload is the only manual fix for this.
10. Lag is consistent throughout every calculation period and onwards, it creates a sharp jittery freeze that stagnates the game, makes actions sluggish and slow or causes excessively long loading issues between actions.
11. HQs disappear – even though they have not been moved.

Amy Steele

General
from the above responses on previous posts am I allowed to place a ticket each time this happens in future?

Creating a new ticket once an issue has been forwarded to our development team serves no purpose, since we are already aware of the issue. Unfortunately once we have forwarded an issue, support has no influence over how quickly our development team are able to fix that issue, as this depends on many factors including the complexity of the affected feature.

So from what has been said we should not raise tickets with support, but rather via the forums. In that case, can you answer the following questions?

1. Have the issues highlighted by electricrainbows been raised in a forum post in the past

2. How many times have any of these issues been raised in a forum post

3. Where any of these issues confirmed as bugs

4. Where any of these issues confirmed as bugs reported to the Game developers

5. When were they reported to the developers

6. What is the case number for each reported bug

7. How many open bugs are their relating to GvG

I will endeavor to discover the answers to your questions, but this may take some time, and it may not be possible to give a particularly straightforward or concise answer, since there have been several issues reported over a long time frame, so please be patient :)

Once an issue is marked as 'Forwarded' here in our bugs forum, it has been forwarded to our development team for them to resolve, so you can be sure that they are aware of any issue so marked. As has already been mentioned by our Community Manager
There have been a number of changes made to improve the performance of GvG. Just this last week, there were changes made by our system admins to improve performance, and we had good feedback on the back of this. Has this resolved all issues? Of course not.

In some instances, these changes over the years have had the desired outcome. In others, they've not made the kind of improvements we'd hoped, or simply unveiled other issues which impact performance. It isn't a straight forward "fix it". These things are being actively worked on.

Emberguard

Legend
The length of the answer is not a factor in whether or not a ticket should be opened. The Category when opening a support ticket includes Bugs. The list posted by electricrainbows are all features which are faulty in their implementation. Those are bugs and they should continue to be reported by players using the bug reporting feature

Yes the categories include the option for bugs. If there wasn't you'd get bugs sent to any other category.

There are times though when it's appropriate to send a ticket for a bug before going to the forums. Such as if you want to check whether something went through or if it really is a bug that you're encountering.

However for matters you know support already know about and you've been directed to the forums for it'd be better to start a running thread to record how often it's occurring

DeletedUser

Unfortunately non of the above answers the question of why most of the GvG problems are 3-4 yrs old. No matter how you flower up your responses to us the players, you can not hide the fact this element of the game has been ignored and that is disgraceful.
This has gone on to long now, and you need to show us the players that you care about us and our opinions by starting some serious work in this area. We have already lost a good number of players from the game due to this issue and no amount of repetititve quest (all be it the theme and title are changed they are still the same boring content) or GE can compensate for this.
The looses suffered by us the players who have perservered are horrendous, and we deserve some form of compensation, and more importantly we need to be taken notice of.

DeletedUser

Creating a new ticket once an issue has been forwarded to our development team serves no purpose, since we are already aware of the issue. Unfortunately once we have forwarded an issue, support has no influence over how quickly our development team are able to fix that issue, as this depends on many factors including the complexity of the affected feature.

Numerous players including myself and others who have posted here have brought this issue to the forums here andd beta numerous times and have been ignored, and being as we get directed to forums by support, and the first response by Sovereign was "For clarity, the developers don't often read here, no." Then I afraid we will whatever means we can to get the developers to pay attention to us.

DeletedUser14436

Undoubtedly, but again, you're not seeing the point I'm making. The support system is predominately in place for addressing immediate faults, helping players understand the game, and to get help with their individual account. Your request pertains to an overall issue with a specific area of the game, and spamming support serves no purpose. The moderation team can't fix your issue for you, so why would you send in a ticket knowing full well they can't? It would be all well and good were you ignorant of it's purpose, but you aren't. All spamming support does is inflate ticket numbers. It doesn't make your voice heard. Putting your feedback here, out in the open for all (devs included if they want to look) is wholly more effective.

Additionally, your sentiment that nothing has improved isn't in line with the larger pool of feedback we've received (across all language versions) to say that things have improved. Additionally, we have both technical and anecdotal data to back up that it has made a difference. Again, your specific experience aside, improvements have been made, and will continue to be made. Also, as I've said, we didn't claim we had resolved all issues, but to say we're not making changes to improve GvG is patently false.

Thanks
Richard

You have said it yourself - Putting your feedback here, out in the open for all (devs included if they want to look) is wholly more effective. - Obviously devs don't want to look that is the problem - It's about time that we had responses from devs because at the moment it appears they would rather spend there time on repeating quests than fixing known issues.

Drastic

DeletedUser100171

I have recently started taking part in GvG again after a long break. I have experienced various issues with different aspects of this part of the game, all detailed above by other players, and I believe them when they say the issues have been present for years. Please can the developers fix these issues, as there are quite a few gamers who find this part of the game important.

DeletedUser99438

Agent, we've been covering all avenues, ones you haven't thought of yet, even! Don't worry ;)