• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Easter Event 2016

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yeah - I'm sure the event is really great for guilds that are incapable of setting up egg swap groups (lol) and people who like to count their own eggs/FPs rather than interact with others
.... and guess what - you don't even have to aid peeps any more, just spend a gazillion of diamonds to get umpteen shrines of desperation and you'll have all the BPs you ever want. If that's evolution, I prefer the stone age, thank you very much.

I could have coped with the loss of the shop, even though this was only event where you could buy exactly what you wanted rather than having to gamble, but the removal of all social actions from the event, combined with a "grand price" that gives people who never AID Blueprints, is the same evolutionary paths the dinosaurs and the dodos went on :(

do all of you people forget that the GRAND PRIZE CHANGES to a SoK, and to a wishing well, ect, AND YOU CAN GET AS MANY OF THEM AS YOU WANT.

has that just gone over every single person's heads?

is all you people do complain about things, about FREE things? Seriosly, no wonder the dev's don't want to listen to you guys with things like that on.

there's even egg rewards from the chests that make you gain eggs, you can do the 120 chest and win 200 eggs pretty often, if lucky enough the moment you hit 120 eggs you could hit 1k eggs.

Seriously guys, it's their game, and they are giving you free things, stop complaining. seriously.

I will say that this is my first Easter event, and so far loving the fact that we can get so many special buildings over time from the gran prize, already nabbed 4 SoK, 3 from the chests thanks to winning eggs from the chests, and 1 from the grand prize (as you still get Tulips with every egg win, which is awesome)

In fact, most people I see complaining are people who already look stupidly setup and in fact don't even need one of these special buildings :/

DeletedUser106696

do all of you people forget that the GRAND PRIZE CHANGES to a SoK, and to a wishing well, ect, AND YOU CAN GET AS MANY OF THEM AS YOU WANT.

is all you people do complain about things, about FREE things? Seriosly, no wonder the dev's don't want to listen to you guys with things like that on.

/

Excuse me - have you actually read my post before you quoted it? My biggest gripe with the event is that it removed all SOCIAL actions that were part and parcel of the event, and by providing SoI it sets up players to stay unsocial (i.e. non-aiding) afterwards, as the biggest incentive (BPs) is removed from AIDing (Once you progress though the ages, those 20 coins become insignificant (my daily coin income is just over 400,000 coins).

DeletedUser109221

How crap are the prizes this year with a low chance of winning the good daily prizes almost not even worth doing it and to top it off SOK on day 2 when you don't even have enough eggs for a gold chest....boring boring boring....actually had more fun writing boring 3 times than doing this event

DeletedUser100832

there's even egg rewards from the chests that make you gain eggs, you can do the 120 chest and win 200 eggs pretty often, if lucky enough the moment you hit 120 eggs you could hit 1k eggs.

Seriously guys, it's their game, and they are giving you free things, stop complaining. seriously.

I will say that this is my first Easter event, and so far loving the fact that we can get so many special buildings over time from the gran prize, already nabbed 4 SoK, 3 from the chests thanks to winning eggs from the chests, and 1 from the grand prize (as you still get Tulips with every egg win, which is awesome)

In fact, most people I see complaining are people who already look stupidly setup and in fact don't even need one of these special buildings :/

yes, why don't we settle for the way things we are and not strive to improve anything and suggest how it can be made better

hurrah for inno! It's all great! There is no lag, no flood of absolutely useless things into our treasury that could have been avoided had they stuck with the 'shop' format and the Easter event is breaking new popularity records with every minute. The sun will shine on the Inno empire forever, Comrade!

The fact is FoE has to make some $ on the game. It costs money to make these events in an attempt to keep players happy and interested in the game.

I have a revolutionary idea... if events cost $ to make... why not stop making them? And make some improvements to the GvG mechanics and the lag for these $?

That way you will make people ten times more happy and interested than by making an event where you have no control over what prizes you get and where the few useful buildings are mixed up with tons of rubbish you will never use.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

events make people happy (at least a few people)

so the next event has already started on the beta server
and you sure don't want to miss the main prize of that event

DeletedUser102348

Not sure what Planet your on but even in Beta you couldn't do that, even with the 2k of diamonds given out for free, not until the 600 egg mistake that is.

Nuf said.

Free, as in reality pieces of code on a server, man their so generous:rolleyes:

I will say that this is my first Easter event

Then you have no comparison to make a judgement on whether this is a bad or good event.

Yes thats because us stupid people know the true worth of the prizes..........crap
May all your wishes come true and Inno grants you all the Colour guard camps, SoL's, and Foeberge shops you could ever dream of :)

Welcome to FoE....aka: Forge of Events

DeletedUser106696

Have you ever considered that the people who look so "stupidly setup" are the loyal customers who have been playing this game for several years, and whose past diamond purchases have made Inno what it is today?

Seems extremely bad business sense to piss off your existing long-term customer base to chase some newbies who may or may not play in a few month's time. Outside of planet Inno every business advisor will tell you that it costs on average 10 times more to gain new customers compared to keeping your existing ones...

DeletedUser106818

Overtype....how are you able to zoom out that far? Am I missing something after playing this game for over a year...I certainly cannot see the entire surface of the playing area after mouse zooming out, I am forever having to drag my city around the map looking for these eggs /shock

DeletedUser7719

Overtype....how are you able to zoom out that far? Am I missing something after playing this game for over a year...I certainly cannot see the entire surface of the playing area after mouse zooming out, I am forever having to drag my city around the map looking for these eggs /shock
Some browsers' zoom function will also zoom out for your city

DeletedUser106818

oh....my....dear....just found the zoom function on my browser!:D8-)

Shame i'm not able to use the Town Hall, Messages or Trading screens (there may be others) but the City looks great from here, I can finally see all my GB's once again and i've just done a mass collect without having to drag the screen around!

It would be awesome if Inno added a better zoom out option in-game as then I could have access to all the functions again (such as they are).

DeletedUser108410

You know this is my first easter event. and i have to say from what i've heard from the other players about this event whom have been playing this game for years. I think that changing how you get the eggs was a good move. because the way it was made in the past was unfair to the new players because most of them don't have a lot of friends or joined a guild.

DeletedUser

You know this is my first easter event. and i have to say from what i've heard from the other players about this event whom have been playing this game for years. I think that changing how you get the eggs was a good move. because the way it was made in the past was unfair to the new players because most of them don't have a lot of friends or joined a guild.
You didn't need that many friends or guildmates; in fact, seeing as how you usually have 70+ players in your neighbourhood and you only had a relatively small amount of "hiding actions", you may not have needed any at all if your hoodies were active and cooperative. Besides, if you spent only a few hours on global chat, you would probably have been able to add enough friends and arrange more egg swaps that you could handle (sadly none of that social aspect in this years event) so I don't agree with you in any shape or fashion.

No doubt its the lack of a global chat option on the mobile app that has partly contributed to these changes. While I can sympathise, it's hardly reason enough for the rest of us to have to suffer.

DeletedUser108410

You didn't need that many friends or guildmates; in fact, seeing as how you usually have 70+ players in your neighbourhood and you only had a relatively small amount of "hiding actions", you may not have needed any at all if your hoodies were active and cooperative. Besides, if you spent only a few hours on global chat, you would probably have been able to add enough friends and arrange more egg swaps that you could handle (sadly none of that social aspect in this years event) so I don't agree with you in any shape or fashion.

No doubt its the lack of a global chat option on the mobile app that has partly contributed to these changes. While I can sympathise, it's hardly reason enough for the rest of us to have to suffer.

You might be right. but even if your neighbours were active and cooperative. they won't always swap eggs with you because they have arranged egg swaps with their friends. and no offense but i find the idea of socializing with other people just to be friends with them to get more eggs really boring and lacks the compeitive spirit.

Well either way a group of players will have to suffer.

DeletedUser109065

from my perspective this is my first Easter event, i read the excitement about the event, i did research. i was looking forward to a shop where you could buy specific items and dreading being blocked out of receiving eggs for a random reason.
the movement of the eggs into the wilderness is a positive move as there is only so much space for decorations before buildings lose connectivity. the random element of chests is a step away and backward from being able to choose your reward.
this event feels like it lacks elements that made it unique: actual choice of item you got, random number of eggs from 1-50 in some distribution. interaction by hiding the eggs.
the shrine of inspiration i thought it would inspire one of your attached units to become unattached thus acting like a mini alcatraz, which helps interaction by helping provide troops, not provide a blueprint of your age or earlier - which i have the ones i want from this range due to aiding the folks in my neighborhood occasionally, guild members regularly.

DeletedUser15986

This is the 4th Easter event

Year 1: free rewards, wishing well, rogue hideout, watchtowers. free to choose
Year 2: still a good choice WW, champions retreat, renokit and watchtowers, free to choose. However: the best item of the game which is still the best building: shrine of knowledge, was only available by winning golden chest. The introduction of the "luck factor"
Year 3: watchtower: price increased from 50 to 75 eggs. renokit and WW still available. Shrine of awe is aweful and drummer school is a joke. Only positive is that you could choose something useful
Year 4 Not able to choose anything, troops are poor, so does shrine. And moreover: there is not many great things to win in golden chest, only daily prize (hope this will once give shrine of knowledge) and renokit 10%. All the other things are worthless. And that last bit of fun those hiding actions are gone too. Boring.

Of course, rather than the ever decreasing quality of prizes the reason less people played it was because we had to hide eggs... well, according to InnoLogic(TM).

DeletedUser15986

The fact is FoE has to make some $ on the game.

If Inno wanted to make money off this event they should have had the following Chests.
chests.jpg

There would have been serious money spent on getting rewards from that last chest.

DeletedUser15372

I could have coped with the loss of the shop, even though this was only event where you could buy exactly what you wanted rather than having to gamble, but the removal of all social actions from the event, combined with a "grand price" that gives people who never AID Blueprints, is the same evolutionary paths the dinosaurs and the dodos went on :(

Wait! does that mean inno killed off the dinosaurs by shoving the shrines of incompetence in their face? :o

@Lord B: golden chest could do with SoK rather than foeberge shop. foeberge for silver chest in place of large fp pack and large fp pack for bronze in place of medium fp pack.
Also I rather see an unattached rogue unit in place of drummer school for bronze.

DeletedUser15986

@Lord B: golden chest could do with SoK rather than foeberge shop. foeberge for silver chest in place of large fp pack and large fp pack for bronze in place of medium fp pack.
Also I rather see an unattached rogue unit in place of drummer school for bronze.

I kept the Foeberge in there as it's the best from the new buildings and there should really be a new reward in each chest. SoK is in the Grand Prize rotation, plus the Daily Prize List, so shouldn't be elsewhere... It gives impetus to complete the various quests overall.