• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Easter Event 2016

DeletedUser4727

Hello all,

Please find the full announcement at this linked thread.

For any questions and comments, post below. We hope you all enjoy this years Easter Event!

Richard

DeletedUser96901

thank you for the event

does the age of the Shrine of Inspiration matter when producing BP ?
if I get it in bronze age can it produce higher BP when advancing to higher eras ?

or will a bronze age SoI forever produce bronze age BP ?

DeletedUser100832

once again FOE thinks we are not competent to decide what prize we want and instead makes us play a roulette

why not just have a shop where everyone goes for the prize they wish to have?

DeletedUser102348

Will the quests stack if you are unable to complete it the day it appears?
Yes they do stack.
thank you for the event

does the age of the Shrine of Inspiration matter when producing BP ?
if I get it in bronze age can it produce higher BP when advancing to higher eras ?

or will a bronze age SoI forever produce bronze age BP ?
Not sure about the age issue, only that it stays the same age in the one you received it, and I suspect it only produces BP's from the age it was also received. Tbh, it's not worth the space it takes up, you can get more BP's per day just by aiding.

DeletedUser653

Not sure about the age issue, only that it stays the same age in the one you received it, and I suspect it only produces BP's from the age it was also received. Tbh, it's not worth the space it takes up, you can get more BP's per day just by aiding.

Sad but true, 1 random BP every 2 days is just not worth a 3x3 space

DeletedUser16112

This event has changed from being one of the best to being extremely lackluster.

You can't plan anything except the new shrine. In the christmas event you could at least save up enough to be fairly sure to get what you wanted. Here, it is 20% chance per chest (if you buy the gold one) to get the daily special (if the wiki is correct).

Some math to illustrate:
Lets say you manage to get five gold chests (600 eggs). At 20% (1 in 5) chance that is sure to get you one of the daily special, right? Wrong.

The chance of getting at least one daily special using five gold chests is
Code:
1-(1-0,2)^5 = 1-(0,8)^5 = 1-0,3276 = 0,67232 = 67,2%
That is, 1 minus the chance of not getting the daily special five times in a row. Or put another way, the chance to not get nothing.

So if you have 10.000 people buying 5 gold chests each to get the daily special, 3276 of them will not get even a single daily special.

It is actually a bit more complicated because you do have a chance to win eggs as well, allowing further chest attempts.

So the expected value E (measured in daily specials) of a gold chest is first 20% chance to get the building straight away, then 5% chance to get 250 eggs which is 2,08 new gold chests, and lastly 17% chance to get 150 eggs which is 1,25 new gold chests. Each of the new chests have the expected value E as well, so we can solve for E.

Code:
E = 0,2*1 + 0,05*(250/120)*E + 0,17*(150/120)*E
E = 0,2 + 0,1*E + 0,2*E
E = 0,2 + 0,3*E
0,7*E = 0,2
E = 0,2/0,7
E = 0,286

The chance to open five gold chests and getting at least one daily special is (using the calculated expected value):
Code:
1-(1-0,286)^10 = 1-(0,714)^5 = 1-0,186 = 0,814 = 81,4%
So it's a bit better, but still a terrible way to do rewards. RNG is always terrible. At least have a hard-ish cap on how many times you can fail, like the christmas event.

Out of 10.000 players that buy 5 gold chests to get that daily special they really want, over 1800 players will not get a single one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

spent all my eggs chasing a Rogue Hideout and have now got 4 color guard camps which does suck, but means i win all my IA fights now- mad unit

DeletedUser15372

The easter event this year doesn't sound as good as the one from previous years. We will just have to wait and see how it goes once it is live.

DeletedUser653

The biggest change is not being able to select your prize, you choose a chest with a list of possible prizes and the % chance of winning each thing, but its luck. That Rogue hideout has gone now but it was listed as the top prize with a 25% chance but with my 4 goes I got 4 color guard camps :(

DeletedUser97018

remove that confirmation click that just HAS TO BE on "OK" for finding eggs on trees
it has moved to TH as well and it's super annoying

bug-hunting-safari-33-638.jpg

DeletedUser

remove that confirmation click that just HAS TO BE on "OK" for finding eggs on trees
it has moved to TH as well and it's super annoying
Yes! Why on earth did they bring that click confirmation in, what was ever wrong with the blimp when collecting eggs? Ridiculous and unnecessary change!

DeletedUser102348

The easter event this year doesn't sound as good as the one from previous years. We will just have to wait and see how it goes once it is live.
Well 50 pages (and still growing) on the Easter event feedback thread on Beta, 49 of them complaining about the event change to quest driven, making the same as all the others, complaints about the prizes :ie Shrine of Incompetence, and the promoted Drummer camp called the Colourguard camp.
They soon enough dealt with overwhelming complaints about the lack of hiding eggs, that they decided to hide them in the widerness, first it was just 1 egg each time and then when there were complaints about that so they changed to random amounts 1 - 3 or 5 each time you logged on, fulfilled a quest, or opened a chest, but still kept the stupid confirmation box.
I could go on a lot longer about the things wrong with this non-event, but you have to see it to believe it, we will have to wait and see if there are changes to the non-event from the Beta when it goes live?

DeletedUser12400

Looking forward to the event!
dude.png

Last edited by a moderator:

joesoap

Major-General
i have played the easter event on this server 3 times, and i have also just finished the new version on beta, i have to say that i prefer the new event, i am glad i dont have to hide eggs this year, and there might only be a couple of quests that players may struggle with in the questline, they have been pointed out & hopefully will get an alternative way to complete them
i would prefer they didnt have the confirmation window when i collect eggs from trees, or at least have it that it can be closed from clicking anywhere

DeletedUser12400

i have played the easter event on this server 3 times, and i have also just finished the new version on beta, i have to say that i prefer the new event, i am glad i dont have to hide eggs this year, and there might only be a couple of quests that players may struggle with in the questline, they have been pointed out & hopefully will get an alternative way to complete them
i would prefer they didnt have the confirmation window when i collect eggs from trees, or at least have it that it can be closed from clicking anywhere
I tend to agree..

DeletedUser15372

Well 50 pages (and still growing) on the Easter event feedback thread on Beta, 49 of them complaining about the event change to quest driven, making the same as all the others, complaints about the prizes :ie Shrine of Incompetence, and the promoted Drummer camp called the Colourguard camp.
They soon enough dealt with overwhelming complaints about the lack of hiding eggs, that they decided to hide them in the widerness, first it was just 1 egg each time and then when there were complaints about that so they changed to random amounts 1 - 3 or 5 each time you logged on, fulfilled a quest, or opened a chest, but still kept the stupid confirmation box.
I could go on a lot longer about the things wrong with this non-event, but you have to see it to believe it, we will have to wait and see if there are changes to the non-event from the Beta when it goes live?

Oh gosh! reading just those few problems alone gave me a headache. I had a bigger headache when I read through the feedback thread on beta. Even with slight improvements the foe team are not willing to go further and at least make it more enjoyable with the shop that we have seen in the previous easter events. Oh well we will just have to pretend to enjoy it I guess.

DeletedUser2989

Will the quests stack if you are unable to complete it the day it appears?
Yes they do stack.

The quests for this event are a little bit more complex than that.
The quests Rinbin gives are not released daily but given as you complete each previous one.
The quests Greva gives are split into 2 different methods. You'll get 1 "quest line" that stacks and is released 1 per day, the other "quest line" won't stack and is released 1 per day. You'll be offered the quest that stacks first and if you complete that in less than 24hr you'll get offered the second quest for the day (completing that one in less than 24hr of receiving the first daily quest will show you a timer till tomorrows quests). If you don't complete the first daily quest (and any other quests you have stacked up) in less than 24 hour you will lose the second daily quest (as it doesn't stack).

To get the most quests (and thus get the most eggs out of the quests) you'll need to try to complete 2 daily quests from Greva as you get them, if you miss days you'll miss out on some of the quests.

DeletedUser5180

and then when there were complaints about that so they changed to random amounts 1 - 3 or 5 each time you logged on,

are you saying that every log on results in eggs hidden in your city.?

surely not as that would definitely be abused with as many log ons as possible just to collect eggs