• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Easter Event 2016

DeletedUser109142

The SoK (basically the only prize with universal appeal) has been brought forward to day 1 and a half. The timing of this means that at most a player will have only accumulated enough eggs to try via a silver chest which has a low probability of success. In other words, if you want one - go buy some diamonds to get some extra eggs. This is a really cynical move Inno - not unexpected but cynical never the less.

Gobbi, you just stole my thought! I totaly agree, but sadly most of the people are still gonna be too busy by that blue arrow and eggs growing on trees :)

DeletedUser12400

Of course the order has changed. The SoK (basically the only prize with universal appeal) has been brought forward to day 1 and a half. The timing of this means that at most a player will have only accumulated enough eggs to try via a silver chest which has a low probability of success. In other words, if you want one - go buy some diamonds to get some extra eggs. This is a really cynical move Inno - not unexpected but cynical never the less.
+1 Inno.. Inno.. Inno..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
was really surprised to see they went ahead with the event....after around 1000 negative posts in BETA feedback thread. which in itself is a record for any thread there lol

DeletedUser12400

was really surprised to see they went ahead with the event....after around 1000 negative posts in BETA feedback thread. which in itself is a record for any thread there lol
Ive played enough long to not be surprised.

DeletedUser4879

Nobody can or just doesn't read all those negative posts!!
Having played that Easter thingy on Beta, it aint worse it, believe me!
Why anybody would spend diamond on this is way past me!!! :rolleyes:
..and than there is that big arrow! Wonder what that is for:P

DeletedUser2989

Could someone explain to me why it makes sense to use trees to hide eggs in? There are plenty of bush decorations at least use those so you could at least pretend to have spend more then 5 seconds designing this horrible piece of crap event.

I actually thought that there was really no need to have a "deco" image attached to the eggs image just leave it as eggs placed randomly somewhere. At least then we could have an actual hunt for eggs, but then perhaps they'd be too hard to find. :)

As it stands I'm not sure how I feel about these extra eggs we have to find, 2 triggers are when we have won/collected eggs and 1 is when we've spent them. I can't help but feel that there could have been more creativity in the "hidden" eggs feature that doesn't require building loads of decos (which was 1 annoying part of the old way) and having players go hide them (which also removed your ability to motivate/polish, another annoying part...). :(

DeletedUser109329

It seems like the mystery chest system makes more diamonds for Inno games than last years system.
This reminds me of a corporate streamlining mistake from restaurants. Take the lowest performing item off the menu.

I saw this done. With my favorite desert. Perhaps the math looks better per customer, but what happens is the restaurant lost the customers who like me only came in for the desert I liked.

The prizes aren't that bad.
Searching for eggs is a chore.
The blue arrow is a annoying like an dumb pushy salesman who won't go away.

DeletedUser12400

I actually thought that there was really no need to have a "deco" image attached to the eggs image just leave it as eggs placed randomly somewhere. At least then we could have an actual hunt for eggs, but then perhaps they'd be too hard to find. :)
Zoom Out..

simple.jpg

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
Nobody can or just doesn't read all those negative posts!!
Having played that Easter thingy on Beta, it aint worse it, believe me!
Why anybody would spend diamond on this is way past me!!! :rolleyes:
..and than there is that big arrow! Wonder what that is for:P
well actually they do read the forums.....with all the negative feedback A developer himself had to clarify.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/easter-event-2016.5656/#post-29730
but it seems they have developed a bit of arrogance over all these years...and can't admit they've messed up the event.

DeletedUser5180

Okay, INNO rather sneakily put the SoK in at the start of the event which will prevent all but the very luckiest of players (and diamond buyers) from getting any.

I was lucky and got one from the silver chest and have now got 26 eggs left. Due to my town hall collect time I should be able to try a bronze chest later on before the SoK changes but as this item will be the most sought after during the event this is INNO playing their card early in the hunt for diamond sales

Maybe I'm being cynical but I bet an offer of some free eggs along with diamond packs will appear before the SoK disappears.

they should remove this annoying box-
l74RyrX.png

just the +1 pop up near the event window is enough.

WOW..... 1 Easter egg haha

DeletedUser12400

they should remove this annoying box-
l74RyrX.png

just the +1 pop up near the event window is enough.
It's annoying but the most annoying is that I can't click anywhere else outside the "Reward Obtained!" window to close it.

DeletedUser96901

damn
the best daily prize (for me and many other) on day 2

that really hurts most in the complete event

(and before someone says: it could be available again: the SoK never was available two times as daily prize in an event. and the winter event was twice as long)

DeletedUser12400

I'm sure that most would agree that they could stick to old egg collection pop up window.

soft.jpg

DeletedUser106459

Certainly preferred the event last year.....and was looking forward to it - but now its not really any different to the others. I dont mind the chests being random so much, its just the whole egg collecting and giving process was different and quite fun.

DeletedUser106696

Just got done reading some of the replies on here. I'm stoked I don't have to hide eggs this year. That way there's no bickering that someone got missed out in the guild. Had GM's last year that made a huge stink about how many eggs they had hide and how few they were getting in return. It's just a game, it's supposed to be fun, and ya you may not get what you want the first time around for a prize (if ever). The fact is FoE has to make some $ on the game. It costs money to make these events in an attempt to keep players happy and interested in the game. So, instead of all the whining maybe we should give the designers a thank you for at least attempting to keep FoE evolving.. Thanks!

Yeah - I'm sure the event is really great for guilds that are incapable of setting up egg swap groups (lol) and people who like to count their own eggs/FPs rather than interact with others
.... and guess what - you don't even have to aid peeps any more, just spend a gazillion of diamonds to get umpteen shrines of desperation and you'll have all the BPs you ever want. If that's evolution, I prefer the stone age, thank you very much.

I could have coped with the loss of the shop, even though this was only event where you could buy exactly what you wanted rather than having to gamble, but the removal of all social actions from the event, combined with a "grand price" that gives people who never AID Blueprints, is the same evolutionary paths the dinosaurs and the dodos went on :(