• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Update to 1.27 Postmodern Era

DeletedUser14664

another thing that annoys me is that those MG teams will retaliate EVERY time, so make sure you kill him with your second attack. also, when a comando is hidden in the forest(cant get attacked from range), the MG team will still hit you back.

DeletedUser2989

another thing that annoys me is that those MG teams will retaliate EVERY time, so make sure you kill him with your second attack. also, when a comando is hidden in the forest(cant get attacked from range), the MG team will still hit you back.

That's interesting, it must not be treating retaliations as "range" attacks and thus the "hidden" units still get hit. I dare say PME units will get "balanced" soon and MG teams my be reduced in effectivness (if they areally are that bad, personally I have no experience with them). It's nice that they are getting us to think more about our battles though :)

DeletedUser7719

That's interesting, it must not be treating retaliations as "range" attacks and thus the "hidden" units still get hit. I dare say PME units will get "balanced" soon and MG teams my be reduced in effectivness (if they areally are that bad, personally I have no experience with them). It's nice that they are getting us to think more about our battles though :)
If they couldn't retaliate against Commandos hidden, then the Commando would be overpowered IMO

DeletedUser4879

@buritto
What I found is you can only heal units for the 2nd attack by using DIAMONDS!!
Or take your chance by using the leftovers from the 1st attack!
Another sneaky way to drag more diamonds out of players!!

DeletedUser

@buritto
What I found is you can only heal units for the 2nd attack by using DIAMONDS!!
Or take your chance by using the leftovers from the 1st attack!
Another sneaky way to drag more diamonds out of players!!

Yes, so you have a choice: heal with diamonds or work out which units you should deploy to defeat 2 waves, factoring in the chance that there may be some losses....

DeletedUser100341

Does anyone have the stats for the new GBs that can be added to the GB Encyclopedia?

DeletedUser14664

Yes, so you have a choice: heal with diamonds or work out which units you should deploy to defeat 2 waves, factoring in the chance that there may be some losses....

and a 90% attack bonus is allways helpfull :)

DeletedUser97960

Okay, I notice that we have had a few off-topic posts in this discussion:

Posts 144, 145, 153 and 154 are not on-topic.

So I would like to remind everyone they should be discussing the update here and not other subjects. You have had a chance to make some points and some comments that are probably best made elsewhere, but now it's time to get back on track.

Any further posts that are off-topic will be deleted, so please could you remind yourselves of the rules if necessary and make constructive contributions to this discussion. As in all areas of life, it is easier for you to get your points across to the relevant people if they are made in a constructive way.

Thank you for all your feedback so far - it is appreciated.

Excuse me but could you please explain in what way my post #145 was not on topic? It was a question to do with the 7 day cool down period and also related to information one of the mods gave on this thread. I still don't think I've had an answer either, then again most of my questions in this forum fail to receive answers (and when I do get answers they are of poor quality).

DeletedUser

Excuse me but could you please explain in what way my post #145 was not on topic? It was a question to do with the 7 day cool down period and also related to information one of the mods gave on this thread. I still don't think I've had an answer either, then again most of my questions in this forum fail to receive answers (and when I do get answers they are of poor quality).

Apologies for the confusion with the post numbers stated; it looks like some posts were deleted, so the post numbers referenced became incorrect. I have replaced the numbers with the relevant links, as it is just the display that is wrong.

Your post was not one of the ones that I linked, which should be evident if you click on the link for 145 in your post above. I've changed the link references to normal links in my original post, for clarity's sake, but have not done so where you have quoted me so that you can see where the links actually point.

Once again I'm sorry for the confusion, but sometimes you only realise something doesn't work properly in hindsight.

Regarding your question, I have collated some of the questions and replies on the 7 day cool down period that is being discussed in the following thread: 7 Day Guild Cool Down

I'm not sure that I have an answer at this moment on the issue of why sister guilds can share a forum whilst there are now some restrictions on rejoining guilds, but the above thread might go some way to explaining some of the things that can and cannot be done since the update, especially the post regarding alliances.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

they dont retaliate when you hit them with PME artillery (forgot the name) and shoot from as far as possible
it might be that they only retaliate to units from range and as artillery`s range is a lot bigger they cant reach

DeletedUser100341

READ ME IF YOUR CITY IS HAVING ISSUES AFTER THIS UPDATE!

Hardware Deceleration strikes again. Just like two weeks ago it was enabled by the update, but only in one of my cities, and this time the sneaky feature claimed it was off when it was active and wreaking havoc. Anyone else who is having issues after this update, make sure that Hardware Acceleration really is off, and don't trust the options when they claim it is.

I can't prove it, but @Rosletyne may be right. I was polivating through my guild when I noticed it was getting slower and slower. Also dragging their city around was painfully slow. I went to setting and turned on HWA, reloaded and then turned of HWA and reloaded. Significant improvement in performance.

DeletedUser

I can't prove it, but @Rosletyne may be right. I was polivating through my guild when I noticed it was getting slower and slower. Also dragging their city around was painfully slow. I went to setting and turned on HWA, reloaded and then turned of HWA and reloaded. Significant improvement in performance.

This is reported in the bugs section here, but obviously if people are having performance issues it is worth clicking Hardware Acceleration on and off again to make sure that it really is off.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Just in case anyone tried and failed.... yesterday I tried to upgrade the Champion's Retreat (having reached PME) with a renovation kit and it was not possible.

I tried today and the little silver star was bobbing above, and hey presto PME Retreat. After, you'll need to refresh and then you can train a brand new PME Champ.

Sorry if this is is already widely know.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7719

Just in case anyone tried and failed.... yesterday I tried to upgrade the Champion's Retreat with a renovation kit and it was not possible.

I tried today and the little silver star was bobbing above, and hey presto PME Retreat. After, you'll need to refresh and then you can train a brand new PME Champ.

Sorry if this is is already widely know.
I used my Reno kit on my King on the day the update. Then I remembered I forgot that I didn't reach the PME :(:(

DeletedUser23291

Instructions on how to take out the top ranked / any guild from a map in a day!

Discuss here ...

Udate 1.27 makes trying to hold GvG territory a futile excercise. Yesterday, in my world, the number one ranked guild in Modern age was taken entirely off the map!

Heres how to do it, with a guild with 3 or 4 Alcatraz players with strong attack buildings in a newly formed guild and about 200 of each good. This describes at least a 1000 players in each world.

The latest updates allows you to siege and does not cost the 8 units. So a malicious guild attacks first sector for 5 of each goods, if it fails, they simply attack again for 5 more goods. They can at their leisure attack the defenders. Then if the defenders have almost beaten off the attack, they kill the siege and replace for a mere 5 more goods. Eventually the defenders will not have enough units. So the siege works, it may have cost 20 to 25 goods each. Now the defenders dont have any more to fight off the siegers. So the attcking guild siege the next-door province for just 10 more of the goods, when taken they give up the first one, so the new sector then becomes HQ, so they can again siege the next sector and it also only cost 10 goods. They can continue with this approach until the defenders have lost the land built up over the last months.

There is no real defence against this, since once the first siege has succeeded it cannot be attacked for 24 hours, as are all the conquered territory. If the defending guild tries retaking the freed up land, they have to pay hundreds of goods, so it cannot be done. Eventually the attackers may get stuck on the HQ, but they are attacking from own HQ so the disadvantage is small.

With this conquer and burn method, most guild territory can be changed to NPCs. It of course kills the entire point of GvG. If there is not a commitment from INNOgames to fix this, I will no longer do GvG, and I definitely will not be spending any real money on buying diamonds.:mad:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Plus, the four sector release limit applies per person, so even a guild member who hasn't reached ME or PME for example, can still help out his/her guild-mates by granting freedom to sectors as required (again up to a max of 4 times between timer resets).

DeletedUser

So you found out what damage ghost guilds have been doing..... this complaint has been going on since GvG began....

(This post is my point of view as a player of the game, I am not posting in my capacity as a Senior Moderator)

DeletedUser97960

Apologies for the confusion with the post numbers stated; it looks like some posts were deleted, so the post numbers referenced became incorrect. I have replaced the numbers with the relevant links, as it is just the display that is wrong.

Your post was not one of the ones that I linked, which should be evident if you click on the link for 145 in your post above. I've changed the link references to normal links in my original post, for clarity's sake, but have not done so where you have quoted me so that you can see where the links actually point.

Once again I'm sorry for the confusion, but sometimes you only realise something doesn't work properly in hindsight.

Regarding your question, I have collated some of the questions and replies on the 7 day cool down period that is being discussed in the following thread: 7 Day Guild Cool Down

I'm not sure that I have an answer at this moment on the issue of why sister guilds can share a forum whilst there are now some restrictions on rejoining guilds, but the above thread might go some way to explaining some of the things that can and cannot be done since the update, especially the post regarding alliances.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was quite confused when the original links took me to my comment!
I'll have a look at the other thread, thanks.

DeletedUser2989

So you found out what damage ghost guilds have been doing..... this complaint has been going on since GvG began....

(This post is my point of view as a player of the game, I am not posting in my capacity as a Senior Moderator)

I think eurdmp is more upset about how it was made easier to do with the newest update. You need significantly less troops than before to wipe off guilds from the map. So even though it is the same ghost guild problem the upset is really that it has been made worse.

I'd expect compaints like this to escalate, ghosting being made easier is very much the opposite of what many wanted.

Note: While the 7-day block causes ghost guilds to be somewhat more permanent (and potentially becoming a annoying guild and not a ghost guild) I'm still going to use the term ghost guild assuming it is "temporary" in the sence of lasting roughly 7 days (or less and spending early days in attack prep). So if a guild is doing what was described above but lasts longer (say a month+) I'd call it an annoying guild.