• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Update to 1.27 Postmodern Era

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Why? It is not a hidden feature or some exploit that requires some jiggery pokery. You surrender after the first wave and the game awards you points. It is in your face, bold as anything. If it was not meant to be this way then it should have been programmed differently.

DeletedUser12400

But how can you punish somebody for this if people aren't punished for HQ dropping. Both situations are exploiting something within the game that should not be possible. You can't punish one and not the other. If people doing this are punished then people who HQ dropped across the maps should also be punished.
More likely they will fix it soon.

DeletedUser7719

I know mods were wrong twice on the same update. Is the world ending soon? :p

Seriously though, HQ hopping is not considered cheating, but we still have not heard anything about this infinite point loophole. If a mod clarifies that this is cheating, points can be deducted on this while leaving the HQ hoppers safe.

DeletedUser13082

I know mods were wrong twice on the same update. Is the world ending soon? :p

Seriously though, HQ hopping is not considered cheating, but we still have not heard anything about this infinite point loophole. If a mod clarifies that this is cheating, points can be deducted on this while leaving the HQ hoppers safe.

Are you supposed to be able to grant freedom to a HQ sector? Nope. Are you supposed to be able to move HQ infinite times per day? Nope. Can you do it anyway to gain advantage for yourself? Yep. That = cheat :)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Hang on a minute...how do you know you are not supposed to do it? I don't recall reading anything that prohibits such actions. Until such time as that option has been removed and/or an official announcement is made which specifically bans such actions, then it can't be classed as cheating as no rules are being broken :)

DeletedUser96901

It is very clear that a few players are exploiting the two wave battles, even doing over 1,500 battles and counting and they should get some sort of punishment for this!
how about punishing the developers :rolleyes:

that was reported 2 weeks ago on the beta forum and they don't care :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14664

is it just me or it seems that the range of the retaliation attack of the MG team is longer that it's actual attack range?

DeletedUser7719

is it just me or it seems that the range of the retaliation attack of the MG team is longer that it's actual attack range?
Can't be sure as I have only attack them with the same range (or below) units, or attacked them with rockets from the one side of the screen to the other :p My guess is that they either didn't consider the scaled map when retaliating (so they will attack up to 10 spaces away rather than 7), or this is on purpose (most logical reason I can think of is that their tactics allow them to fire blindy in the direction that they were attack; even if this were the case, it shouldn't do as much damage as something within their range).

You sure they are counterattacking past 7 spaces?

DeletedUser14664

there is DEFFINATELY a bug with MG team range.

so - here's what i get first: 2 DIFFERENT range stats on the same MG team : and

when i'm on the continental map, it says 10 range, when in the battle it says 7.

so here's what happens on the same terrain every time(retreating from 1st battle and then returning) with my mech artilery:

i move first with my mech artilery and i hit the MG team. he RETALIATES
after that, the next MG team moves towards my damaged mech artilery and he DOESNT hit him. from the above picture, it shows that the MG team should fire

DeletedUser96901

when i'm on the continental map, it says 10 range, when in the battle it says 7.
that is not a bug
that is the scaling of the map: 1.5

10 / 1.5 = 6.67 or rounded 7
global movement or range / scaling = movement or range on the map

that is correct

DeletedUser14664

but my mech artilery gets hit back from a range of 10

count the range on the last 2 pictures

DeletedUser7719

My guess is that they either didn't consider the scaled map when retaliating (so they will attack up to 10 spaces away rather than 7), or this is on purpose (most logical reason I can think of is that their tactics allow them to fire blindy in the direction that they were attack; even if this were the case, it shouldn't do as much damage as something within their range).
I think it's my first guess ;) (I think same thing happens with the howitzer's blast bonus on the scaled map)

DeletedUser14664

yes. retaliation has a range of 10, normal attack range of 7. tested it numerous times now

DeletedUser3157

Bugs with units special bonuses are pretty common, wouldn't surprise me.

I can play a little game here called "predict the bug". For example I would give it about 95% odds that a rogue morphed into MGT will not retaliate any shots on it until it finally get's his turn(only at that stage the speciality will activate). 75% Odds that there will be threads up about it in next months, all of which get moved to the "not a bug" sub-section.

I won't bother to test it, but if anyone sees a chance to test it out, give it a go :P

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Is that like when I have a Rogue in a forest and it gets converted into a Commando, it doesn't have immunity form ranged attacks?

DeletedUser3157

Is that like when I have a Rogue in a forest and it gets converted into a Commando, it doesn't have immunity form ranged attacks?

Yeah, and not only Commandos. Well, it would have immunity if u converted it with melee attack for some reason. Recently turned ex-rogue only gets the new unit speciality bonuses refreshed and active once it does something(either retaliates if attacked by melee, or once it gets his turn). The bug has been reported countless times in many different versions(usually both the reporter and the mod don't really understand what happened though, and they don't know how to re-produce it)and every time it gets moved to the "not a bug" sub-section. I last reported it about 7 months ago with detailed descriptions explaining it all out. I had the thread moved to "not a bug", then closed, and I think I also got some infraction points. I think that was the last time I actually reported a bug in this game in general.

I was later explained how it's a known thing and intentional the way it works...And that BS is just insulting my intelligence. Anyways last I heard about 3 months ago, the bug was still out there, so I'm giving it 95% not 100% because of the small chance it was fixed during that time.