• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Update to 1.27 Postmodern Era

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
OOOOH - That's annoying - when selecting Rogues for example, for your attacking army, the selector jumps back to the beginning of the selector window (as in to the far left) after you have selected 1 unit.

DeletedUser99588

Sounds like it is another bugdate MrBeef :mad:

Or will they tell us that is how it is meant to work :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Sounds like it is another bugdate MrBeef :mad:

Or will they tell us that is how it is meant to work :rolleyes:

It's in the bug section now: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...s-to-extreme-left-when-selecting-an-army-unit

How and why is junkyjard making unhappiness? Would people be more happy with junk all over city and no one cleaning their dumpsters?

There is a good and bad side to the new 'breaking the happiness' features, as stated in the announcement:

A junkyard will give you more supplies, but will also make your citizens more unhappy.

I'd only be happy if the junkyard were far out of the city, so I would be unhappy if it was near my house. I can understand it causing unhappiness.

I wouldn't mind betting we'll have that in some future update...

Varying happiness/unhappiness according to proximity to other types of buildings or your city boundary. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi, people.
To conquer a sector on the campaign map is necessary to defeat two armies (two enemy waves), if we win the first and give up before, during the second combat or to lose this second match, points are credited to the first battle in our classification and PVP Tower?
It is to do two battles without being able to exchange our troops, it is not easy ... lol

DeletedUser13082

GvG is the primary reason why PvP died. Without GvG, PvP will experience a resurgence.

GvG caused many of my friends (and me) to quit the game because it became an all-consuming black hole - eating away your time, fighting; your units, sieging; your goods, to start sieges. And all for virtually nonexistant rewards.

GvG wasn't the reason that PvP died. The GB nerfs killed PvP as it's pretty much impossible defeating city defences of 300%-500%. 75% battles on the GvG map cause enough damage, anything higher is just ridiculous. Their "balancing" just tipped the scales in the opposite direction. Although it was said that they did it for GvG it wasn't actually GvG that killed PvP off. If GvG dies then PvP will still be how it is now because city defence boosts are too high.

DeletedUser13082

Also I would just like to say that WE WERE RIGHT! Already we have a new "permanent ghost guild" attacking the GvG maps in E world. Won't be long until others follow in his footsteps. Well done inno, gonna be fun saying I told ya so... again :rolleyes:

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Why?

I have been playing this game for a year now, and I keep seeing the same pattern on every major update. What I see is something that was not broken to begin with being fixed so that it is broken, and then being left that way. Bugs are detected and reported on the Beta server, and then released on the live servers without anything being done about them. Sometimes if the bug is critical enough there is a public outcry that forces InnoGames to fix it, such as when the new army management screen was released and it made identifying unattached units excessively slow. We got a quick fix for the immediate problem, then waited for weeks for the visual indicators for unattached units. Now we finally have those, but the new army management screen is still slower and clumsier than the old one used to be. And instead of getting better, it seems to be getting worse, as evidenced by this bug.

I wonder, what change caused grey stars to be used for marking motivated houses? There did not seem to be anything wrong with the gold star indicators for motivated and polished buildings before, and now there is. Why was that change even made? What was it supposed to improve?

But worst of all, why is the game suddenly so slow? This is almost as bad as when the so-called hardware acceleration feature was enabled in all cities, and this time I'm not able to turn it off. The game remains playable for me, barely, but I dread what will happen the first time I attempt to polivate.

It seems clear to me that in addition to the changes we have been told about there have been many others, some of which have gone badly wrong. Why does this keep happening with every single update?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Those silver stars are the ones that should appear when attempting to use a renovation kit to indicate which buildings are eligible to be upgraded. So I'm sure it is a bug and not deliberate.

However, the slowness of the game today brought me within inches of launching a four letter tirade against Inno in the forums.. watching one's sieging army be whittled away whilst trying in vain to swap out injured units is extremely painful and frustrating... grrrrrr :(

*and before anyone says it, I cleared cache, logged in to the game few times, cleared cache again, restarted the computer, all before attempting GvG action

Last edited:

DeletedUser5358

2 forced shut downs and 15 minuets later i managed to delete and replace an army on the GvG map...I cant fight,motivate or polish...hmmm great update,no point in me logging in..as with mrbeef cleared cache:(

DeletedUser

Those silver stars are the ones that should appear when attempting to use a renovation kit to indicate which buildings are eligible to be upgraded. So I'm sure it is a bug and not deliberate.

Thank you for checking all the usual suspects before posting and for posting in the relevant bug thread here.

Also thank you for your consideration of not posting in the forums straightaway as it may not have gone down too well. :D

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Thank you for checking all the usual suspects before posting and for posting in the relevant bug thread here.

I was responding to post #188 where the user seemed to think it was an intentional part of the update. My post was simply to explain what the intended purpose of the silver stars was.

There is absolutely no need for such a sarcastic response....players are reminded often enough about being respectful to mods - it's a two-way street.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

My apologies, it wasn't intended to be sarcastic, so sorry if it came over in that way.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I have a question though because I am quite puzzled. I can understand that there will always be bugs with software and often these may not be apparent when testing.

My question is, how can the issue with the unit selector have gone unnoticed during testing? it's not something minor that could have been missed, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

DeletedUser

I have a question though because I am quite puzzled. I can understand that there will always be bugs with software and often these may not be apparent when testing.

My question is, how can the issue with the unit selector have gone unnoticed during testing? it's not something minor that could have been missed, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm not exactly sure of the answer, but in order to fix bugs during testing the bugs would need reporting in time for a fix to be implemented. Also, there will be a schedule for major features to be implemented and possibly that can't be delayed by some issues that haven't yet been fixed; taking out part of the update may also risk other bugs and it would be easier to fix the (known) bug rather than making last-minute changes and have other bugs.

I know this is very general and speculative, but I don't think we can always know exactly why some bugs have happened. It's either an unintentional side effect of the update, a known bug that couldn't be fixed in time but hopefully has a solution in the near future, an unknown bug that didn't get reported but is reported now, or a known bug that might take a bit longer to solve, plus some other factors that are unknown unknowns that I don't know. :)

At least this one has been reported, is confirmed as a bug and should have therefore been passed on for fixing. Hopefully all of that means a solution soon.

DeletedUser

Hi, people.
To conquer a sector on the campaign map is necessary to defeat two armies (two enemy waves), if we win the first and give up before, during the second combat or to lose this second match, points are credited to the first battle in our classification and PVP Tower?
It is to do two battles without being able to exchange our troops, it is not easy ... lol

Nobody answer?
:)

DeletedUser

@buritto
I asked the same thing a few days ago and a mod said that in order to get the points you need to win both waves. If you retreat after 1st wave or lose the 2nd you get nothing.
I havent tested it out but Id go with what he said

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I was responding to post #188 where the user seemed to think it was an intentional part of the update. My post was simply to explain what the intended purpose of the silver stars was.

You misunderstood me, for I don't think that at all. Obviously the purpose of these changes is not to create issues, but the issues are side effects from other changes. What I'm asking is, since these issues don't seem to be related to any of the changes in the announcement, what were those changes? What was their purpose, and why were they necessary in the first place?

If this had been an isolated incident I would not bother bringing it up, but this has happened over and over again. In every update there seem to be bugs appearing in random places that have nothing to do with the announced changes. Remember when you could both plunder and polivate the same neighbor in quick succession? That one was fixed very hastily, but there were not supposed to be any changes to the social bar in that update. Remember when quest pop-ups stopped working? Again no obvious change it could have been connected to, and took two weeks to fix. Remember when scouting provinces stopped working properly? That was ages ago, but it has never been properly fixed. There are no more JSON errors, but now when you enter the continent map with a completed scout, the graphics are pixelated and the map never focuses on the correct province. And so on, and so on.

My guess is that these problems are the result of tinkering with the code. I would bet that, if this game is anything like other web-based games, its program code is a mess of patches on top of patches on top of patches. I can imagine it being hideously ugly and hard to maintain, and the developers being tempted to completely rewrite parts of it. Maybe they have. But what they should do more is testing to make sure their changes don't cause worse problems than they solve. These should be the most basic rules in any development team. If it works, don't break it, and if you don't know what you're doing, leave well enough alone.

By the way, while those grey stars are used to mark buildings that can be upgraded, they are also used to mark buildings that can be polivated when visiting friends, neighbors and guild members. Also, since it has been possible to upgrade buildings since last year, whatever caused this issue is probably not related to building upgrades.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
READ ME IF YOUR CITY IS HAVING ISSUES AFTER THIS UPDATE!

Hardware Deceleration strikes again. Just like two weeks ago it was enabled by the update, but only in one of my cities, and this time the sneaky feature claimed it was off when it was active and wreaking havoc. Anyone else who is having issues after this update, make sure that Hardware Acceleration really is off, and don't trust the options when they claim it is.

DeletedUser7719

Actually mrbeef, stars appear over any motivated residential building. My guess is that the star represents the ones who see when you're trying to motivate someone's city.