• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Foe City Planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Still no sign of a pictorial Moose Meadow?? - and no sign of the Pillar of Heroes yet. (Hope I'm not missing anything).
In the index why cannot special sets be grouped together for easier access. At the moment Special buildings only have one page and all the rest are tacked onto other categories. It makes it extremely laborious hunting through every heading while looking for a specific item.
Cons: I love this app xx

DeletedUser110179

Still no sign of a pictorial Moose Meadow?? - and no sign of the Pillar of Heroes yet. (Hope I'm not missing anything).
It's a private venture and I gather he's very short on time (see Winter Event 2017). That said, he's amenable to financial motivation.
So if you can help ... it's all good.

That said, with a little editing skill ... you can resize Moose Meadow / Pillar of Heroes and plug it into your city layout (see Example).

DeletedUser653

All special buildings should be in their corresponding categories. E.g., special residential building in residential and so on. Please, tell me what building(s) is/are not as expected.

I think shes implying that if Special buildings had their own tab and then grouped under it as winter / football etc it would be easier to find the right building and I tend to agree.
Great program - hats off to it and reccomend it to all

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Thanks for the input and assent. I don't know how you guys unearth these sources but we all must applaud the efforts of those who use their time to provide such invaluable aids to our game. I am so enamored of this service that I was overcome with impatience to see my own creations in 3D before I implanted them into my map. I assumed that this utility was an Inno creation and apologise in general for any offense to it's creator. I'm afraid they are victims of their own success!!

DeletedUser12146

If the author doesn't have the time, why doesn't he open source the project, so we all contribute?

DeletedUser109674

Still no sign of a pictorial Moose Meadow?? - and no sign of the Pillar of Heroes yet.
Typically, I update city entities once per month. That what happened in the past. However, this is not a rule. I might update them once per 2-3 months if I am out of time completely. This does not mean the you should not ask for new buildings (I am not following the game now, and might miss when Innogames release new city entities.

In the index why cannot special sets be grouped together for easier access. At the moment Special buildings only have one page and all the rest are tacked onto other categories. It makes it extremely laborious hunting through every heading while looking for a specific item.
I completely agree with you. However, all this requires additional working time. So far, I already spent a huge amount of time developing the city planner. I am aware that it lacks few good things (like one that you mentioned). But i will be adding new functionality only once i get enough support from the community.
(http://foemanager.com/community/showthread.php?tid=232) So far, i hope that that minimum functionality which city planner has now is still sufficient for helping gamers.

Cons: I love this app xx
Thanks

It's a private venture and I gather he's very short on time (see Winter Event 2017). That said, he's amenable to financial motivation.
So if you can help ... it's all good.

That said, with a little editing skill ... you can resize Moose Meadow / Pillar of Heroes and plug it into your city layout (see Example).
Thanks for clarification and hint

Thanks for the input and assent. I don't know how you guys unearth these sources but we all must applaud the efforts of those who use their time to provide such invaluable aids to our game. I am so enamored of this service that I was overcome with impatience to see my own creations in 3D before I implanted them into my map. I assumed that this utility was an Inno creation and apologise in general for any offense to it's creator. I'm afraid they are victims of their own success!!
Thanks. And I am not offended, no worries.

If the author doesn't have the time, why doesn't he open source the project, so we all contribute?
Excellent idea. I already edit wiki where I can and would be happy to help with the planner.

There are few simple answers:
  1. So far, i do not have such plans
  2. Opensource project will actually require more time from me. Even to make it public requires time. Then management - checking what contributors wants to add, if the code is good, testing etc etc. Opensource project is not a magic. It requires a lot of work to maintain it. I also really doubt that there will be a lot of people who will spend time trying to first analyze current code base, then add modification. This is not a 1 hour job, it will require a lot of time.
  3. You all know that one of the main feature of the City planner is the ability to import the city directly from the game. It's based on my investigation how to get this info. While I can get only public info (basically, same things which you can yourself see in the game, e.g., you can visit other player's city), Innogames will not allow me to make this part of code opensource.

DeletedUser112394

Hi

Does anyone know how to access the game information for ones account programmatically? Things like population/gems/goods etc City planner must do it to populate the values such as coins etc.

Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109674

Hi

Does anyone know how to access the game information for ones account programatically? Things like population/gems/goods etc City planner must do it to populate the values such as coins etc.

Thanks guys
You cannot get it. This is a private info.

DeletedUser110179

Does anyone know how to access the game information for ones account programmatically? Things like population/gems/goods etc City planner must do it to populate the values such as coins etc.
You'll probably have to speak directly with author of the FoE City Planner (combined with a willingness to spend a serious amount of real cash).

Status
Not open for further replies.