• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.25 Discussion

DeletedUser5647

Please refrain from double posting. You have done so multiple times. Simply added your post and add an additional comment should you want to add to your statement.
Also, you've been promoting cheating and been suggesting ways to cheat, yet you claim to stand for fairness.

As for this implementation, it prevents much much more cheating than it harms the few players that for some reason somehow gotten the same IP and can't donate to each other anymore.
If those players are family and or friends who share a connection regularly, they are to refrain from donating points to each other anyway, as this falls under the same rules of account pushing which is stated in the Game Rules.

- L
I apologise for the suggestions regarding cheating - they were meant purely as illustration of how easy it is for a cheater to cheat. Do bear in mind that a locksmith has to know how to lockpick.

As to account pushing, any group of friends who play FoE will naturally make motivate/polish/donate choices that will tend to 'push' their friends' accounts. This seems to be the whole philosophy behind guilds and the 'Invite a Friend' button. The only difference with friends who have distinct, identifiable IP addresses is that the 'pushing' cannot be traced further than their guild connection.

This 'no-pushing' rule could be used to suggests that guilds are wrong.

Take this scenario:

A group of friends who do not use each others' internet connection but all play FoE can just as easily push their friends' great buildings as those people who share connections.

Now here is another scenario:

What if several players connect via a public wifi such as an airport or bt openzone or an internet cafe? Two players could either be in the same guild or different guilds and that IP address would be flagged for multi-accounting.

DeletedUser

I apologise for the suggestions regarding cheating - they were meant purely as illustration of how easy it is for a cheater to cheat. Do bear in mind that a locksmith has to know how to lockpick.
Exactly, just as the Game Mods are trained in how to find cheaters.
There are many ways to pick a lock or get into a vault. We don't just check the front door you know. ;)

As to account pushing, any group of friends who play FoE will naturally make motivate/polish/donate choices that will tend to 'push' their friends' accounts. This seems to be the whole philosophy behind guilds and the 'Invite a Friend' button. The only difference with friends who have distinct, identifiable IP addresses is that the 'pushing' cannot be traced further than their guild connection.
Supporting is hardly pushing. When you support each other, you gain a benefit from it yourself, a benefit you're aiming for and want to/will use.
When you support, you're still playing the game. That's the difference.
Take this scenario:

A group of friends who do not use each others' internet connection but all play FoE can just as easily push their friends' great buildings as those people who share connections.

Now here is another scenario:

What if several players connect via a public wifi such as an airport or bt openzone or an internet cafe? Two players could either be in the same guild or different guilds and that IP address would be flagged for multi-accounting.
Sc.1) As explained above, there is a difference between pushing and supporting. If they actually just push the friend's account and no longer play themselves, there will be consequences.

Sc.2) That is not a common scenario. But still, in my previous ticket I explained that friends or players who regularly share a connection are to refrain from interacting with each other's town.
Do note that this game is still in beta and the devs have much bigger fish to fry and please, than to be hassling with cheaters. I can't say if this barrier is definite or might be revised in due time.
As Blacksmith stated earlier, regarding this 'flawed' solution: "if you have an even better idea feel free to put it in the ideas section of our forums :) Always happy to hear peoples ideas so long as its not free diamonds ;)"

- L

DeletedUser

Multi-accounters usually have their favorite/more active accounts. And sometimes accounts they forget about and remember later.
Apart from multiple other factors, these 2 reasons alone already create the variations you stated.

- L

OK, since you guys have all the power, what can I do to prove that I am a different person to my family members who have played on my IP address, or I have played on theirs. I want to help my family with their buildings, as opposed to some random person I couldn't care less about. Is there a system in place?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7863

Agree, wholeheartedly - the staff are taking an easy option and letting the cheats dictate game policy !

edit:
If the devs are so clever, why the blankety-blank penalising of the innocent, once in months, occasional user of a friend or relatives computer like me ? Is it so difficult, if I am using the one account I always use, but just on a different machine, once in a blue moon, to realise I am NOT a cheat ?? This issue is effectively forcing half the people in our Guild, which so far has only 1 GB, to support someone outside the Guild.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5623

I am not sure if I am the only one affected.
I used to get 1-2 BP for polishing and motivating my guild members and neighbours.
For the past 2 days, I got absolutely no BP despite my polishing and motivation.
Is it due to this update?
Thanks

DeletedUser

I am not sure if I am the only one affected.
I used to get 1-2 BP for polishing and motivating my guild members and neighbours.
For the past 2 days, I got absolutely no BP despite my polishing and motivation.
Is it due to this update?
Thanks

Most likely it is due plane old bad luck :) Its a random chance, so sometimes you gt nothing and sometimes you may get 2.. Or 3.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser7863

Further to my last - all this bombast in the Mod responses, about how the Mods and Devs can detect cheating and have their clever ways of knowing cheats, is in complete contrast to the Mod admission that it is, indeed a "flawed" solution and, apparently, implemented to save staff time in detecting cheats or having to delete the Great Building of any such detected cheats. If you CAN detect them, then delete away, say I. Any accidental victims will surely protest vociferously, whereas the cheats won't dare to complain. I fully support Pterepto and Chewbacci.

DeletedUser

In that case I'd love to welcome you to the team. Since mods are volunteers that are also just players who, beside the game and the voluntary work, have their own lives.
We are banning and deleting away, but every single case needs to be assessed and investigated individually.
As for cheats not daring to complain.. well.. thanks for giving me a laugh today. :D

If you check my last reply:
Do note that this game is still in beta and the devs have much bigger fish to fry and please, than to be hassling with cheaters. I can't say if this barrier is definite or might be revised in due time.
As Blacksmith stated earlier, regarding this 'flawed' solution: "if you have an even better idea feel free to put it in the ideas section of our forums :) Always happy to hear peoples ideas so long as its not free diamonds ;)"
Instead of complaining, how about some constructive ideas for alternate solutions. Complaining is easy.

DeletedUser

Good news & Bad news...
Love the market tweak with the current stock level display. Great job guys :)
Hate the confirmation window for PvP. Absolute rubbish ! :((

DeletedUser12304

Agree, wholeheartedly - the staff are taking an easy option and letting the cheats dictate game policy !

Indeed, and guess who gets banned, no not the cheaters, yes simple innocent casual players from the same household, families who joined the game.

This is what happened last sunday in our guild:
2 members, a father and his 12 year old sun both play on the same PC.
Both are innocent casual players, no points chasers or die hard gamers, just a father who cares about his sun (father came later in the game). Both have a modest city (30K and 40K after several months of playing) and have an average growth.

On sunday the father raised a support ticket because he had problems with the ingame editor (he was editing a list for the guild).
An hour later he was banned with as reason he is sharing his PC with his sun.
That same afternoon he raised his first GB. His sun donated later that afternoon 10 FP to this GB, besides other
GB's in the guild he was also supporting. Support saw this transaction, BAM!, both kicked, no warning, immediate ban!

As soon as you donate FP's or even trade between accounts on a shared PC/connection, you are a multiaccounter for support and an immediate ban will follow without warning.

In the meantime i found these rules somewhere deep down in the FAQ (guess nobody knows about this):

"My friend and I want to play this game on the same computer. Is that allowed?
Please check the ingame rules (click) for the exact rules, but here's the gist of it: if a friend logs into the same computer as you there are certain things you need to do to ensure your accounts do not get banned for co-play or multi-accounting. It is basically not really worth it.
1. do not log in within 30 minutes of each other;
2. NEVER trade with each other;
3. you must let ingame moderators know that you both will be sharing the same computer for x amount of time in advance. You can do this via the support panel (right-click ingame and select support).
"

Nice game policy.

DeletedUser

Indeed, and guess who gets banned, no not the cheaters, yes simple innocent casual players from the same household, families who joined the game.

This is what happened last sunday in our guild:
2 members, a father and his 12 year old sun both play on the same PC.
Both are innocent casual players, no points chasers or die hard gamers, just a father who cares about his sun (father came later in the game). Both have a modest city (30K and 40K after several months of playing) and have an average growth.

On sunday the father raised a support ticket because he had problems with the ingame editor (he was editing a list for the guild).
An hour later he was banned with as reason he is sharing his PC with his sun.
That same afternoon he raised his first GB. His sun donated later that afternoon 10 FP to this GB, besides other
GB's in the guild he was also supporting. Support saw this transaction, BAM!, both kicked, no warning, immediate ban!

As soon as you donate FP's or even trade between accounts on a shared PC/connection, you are a multiaccounter for support and an immediate ban will follow without warning.

In the meantime i found these rules somewhere deep down in the FAQ (guess nobody knows about this):

"My friend and I want to play this game on the same computer. Is that allowed?
Please check the ingame rules (click) for the exact rules, but here's the gist of it: if a friend logs into the same computer as you there are certain things you need to do to ensure your accounts do not get banned for co-play or multi-accounting. It is basically not really worth it.
1. do not log in within 30 minutes of each other;
2. NEVER trade with each other;
3. you must let ingame moderators know that you both will be sharing the same computer for x amount of time in advance. You can do this via the support panel (right-click ingame and select support).
"

Nice game policy.

Well, not reading the rules of the game when joining is in my opinion not a valid excuse to not follow them.. I too play with someone I live with and had to come to terms with these rules. To me it's simple. If you come to my house, you have to follow my rules, if I come to yours, I will follow your rules. Same with a game, a country (laws) and so forth.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser12304

yeah, "rules" somewhere deep down in the FAQ.
These "rules" are in no way in the ingame rules publication!

DeletedUser

Now that the patch has been rolled out, here are some of my thoughts, and responses to comments:

1) I like how the new PvP tower rankings are now shown in the event history overview. It saves the trouble of having to open the continent map and opening up each individual tower. Having said that, I would have like it better if all the towers could be viewed from there, rather than only those towers that you have participated in so far. Time to churn out an idea template, methinks. :)

2)

I could not find any "Build Armies" popup, so I was a bit puzzled by this change. After a while, I notice that the portrait shown when the new event popup appears is that of Grivus; formerly it was Ragu. I hope that the developers don't take it the wrong way, but they should work on how each sentence in a changelog is phrased, to avoid confusion. Of course, I could be wrong, and there is a "Build Armies" popup with Grivus in it.

3)

I think this was the result of an idea that was suggested here: (click me). Personally, I think this is a great idea, which serves 2 purposes. It allows players to make changes to their troop lineup on-the-fly, particularly useful if a player suffered casualties and wants to replace them for the next battle. It serves as a confirmation button, ensuring that a player does not accidentally click on the attack button and cause a diplomatic incident. As for time constraints, perhaps you could start your attack run earlier; besides, the delay is 5 seconds at most, so even with a full (79) neighbourhood run, the extra time would amount to only 6.5 minutes.

Cheers,
L.R.

At present for example this week I have to attack my neighbourhood in two waves despite having a large army. The tower to which i am competing for finishes at 5:01pm and the neighbours to which I need to attack before that deadline only become available to attack at 4:28pm so a big time constraint whuich will get shorter and shorter especially if I am not online at 4:28 and ready to rumble so to speak.
I just finished attacking all my neighbours before that deadline and this was the finishing results;

battle points.png

So I just made it to be in front by a wisker but tomorrow may be different now that this update has emerged. I know this affects everyone but when you are short on time it really is a nightmare. If only you could deselect this as an option I would be much happier.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

yeah, "rules" somewhere deep down in the FAQ.
These "rules" are in no way in the ingame rules publication!

Please take a look at the top of the forum screen.
Next to your notifications, profile, settings and log out button. There is the veiled and conceiled Rules button. Hidden deep down in an unknown place.

Every ban can get appealed to and every legit explanation results in an unban. Everyone playing on the same connection gets a list of conditions to comply to.
Please refrain from spreading untruths.

- L

DeletedUser12304

Please take a look at the top of the forum screen.
Next to your notifications, profile, settings and log out button. There is the veiled and conceiled Rules button. Hidden deep down in an unknown place.

Every ban can get appealed to and every legit explanation results in an unban. Everyone playing on the same connection gets a list of conditions to comply to.
Please refrain from spreading untruths.

- L

i know the ingame rules (and i dont have any problem with rules), and i see that they are still the same, just tell me where can i read its forbidden to trade or donate FP's if on the same PC/connection?
Yes, deep down buried in the FAQ.

DeletedUser

It says to comply with the in-game rules. It doesn't say comply with the 'hidden rules' . So they didn't break the in-game rules. They broke the 'secret rules' . RIDICULOUS. -10 for the secret rules idea :((

DeletedUser

Since it is possible to create Guild only offers, I am assuming that the update will make a visual distinction between trades that are not Guild only, and those that are. At the moment, I believe all trades, whether Guild Only or otherwise, cannot be differentiated. Of course, I could be wrong; we'll just have to wait for the update to take place and see for ourselves.

The chance would have been a fine thing! But no, this update has NOT given us the chance to see the difference between a 'Guild Only' trade and an 'Open Market' trade at all - it is exactly the same as before, except that we now have a COMPLETELY USELESS little black shield symbol in the 'Your Current Offers' tab that let's you know that you just created a 'Guild Only' trade (after you have ticked that similarly useless tick box for 'Guild Only' when you first create the trade). But from the perspective of the potential buyer in the 'Trading' tab there is still NO difference between different types of trade

DeletedUser

i know the ingame rules (and i dont have any problem with rules), and i see that they are still the same, just tell me where can i read its forbidden to trade or donate FP's if on the same PC/connection?
Yes, deep down buried in the FAQ.

From the in-game rules:
"Playing on a connection with multiple people is allowed however some restrictions apply. Operating a push account is forbidden. This is defined as routine resource transfers from one account to the next. If our tools detect pushing behavior, or we see evidence that one person is controlling multiple accounts (multiaccounting) our support team may contact you. Strong evidence of illegal behavior may result in a ban directly."

It seems pretty clear to me. Several trades / FP donations sound like routine resource transfers..

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

Well, not reading the rules of the game when joining is in my opinion not a valid excuse to not follow them.. I too play with someone I live with and had to come to terms with these rules. To me it's simple. If you come to my house, you have to follow my rules, if I come to yours, I will follow your rules. Same with a game, a country (laws) and so forth.

~Mutzena~

I accept your point Mutzena but come on, honestly, how many people read the rules. The majority of people just want to come here & enjoy the game. Most folks would have no idea they'd broken a rule (case in point here). So if they have then maybe a warning would suffice. It doesn't take much to look at these people & see they are not abusing the system. That it's just a genuine mistake. Don't you think that's a bit harsh ?

DeletedUser

I accept your point Mutzena but come on, honestly, how many people read the rules. The majority of people just want to come here & enjoy the game. Most folks would have no idea they'd broken a rule (case in point here). So if they have then maybe a warning would suffice. It doesn't take much to look at these people & see they are not abusing the system. That it's just a genuine mistake. Don't you think that's a bit harsh ?

I see a solution here :)

~Mutzena~