• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.25 Discussion

DeletedUser12304

From the in-game rules:
"Playing on a connection with multiple people is allowed however some restrictions apply. Operating a push account is forbidden. This is defined as routine resource transfers from one account to the next. If our tools detect pushing behavior, or we see evidence that one person is controlling multiple accounts (multiaccounting) our support team may contact you. Strong evidence of illegal behavior may result in a ban directly."

It seems pretty clear to me. Several trades / FP donations sound like routine resource transfers..

~Mutzena~

I'm not talking about pushing behavior, it's about a single transfer of 10 FP from a sun to his fathers first and only GB an only once occurrence (this guy also donated FP to other players in the guild, not only his father).

The rule that you cannot donate FP or trade on a shared PC/connection is in the FAQ not in the ingame rules publication.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is defined as routine resource transfers from one account to the next.

Since Guilds are set up to help with trades, small guilds would have more goods transferring between accounts for no other reason than to help others with goods they don't have deposits for. Therefore all Guild trades could be seen as routine resource transfers, as that is the whole point. If that same guild is made up of family and friends, that means they can't provide a service that is one of the core elements of the game. Going on another point, I had an issue getting Talc, and I was told to set up routine trades outside of Guild to obtain what I needed for an entire guild. That would almost certanly be classed as routine resource transfers. It seems that rule prohibits the whole purpose of having our Friends and Family Guild in the first place. If this is the case, why promote inviting friends.

DeletedUser6965

Actually Serp that information hasnt been given out yet.. not even to me. So unless you have a dev in your back pocket please dont spread non confirmed info around.

Also nothing in this changelog has to do with looping quests so lets please stay on topic for this discussion.

sry for being that late, but Im not every day on this forum ^^

If u play the game actually u should noticed that there are often changes, which are not announced in the changelogs ;)
But these changes are most of the times very good changes, so I don't understand, why they are not written in changelogs. E.g. the movement change of sword warriors a long time ago, there was no announcment of this.

I decided to "collect" all of those changes in every update. These changes I mentioned in my last post, were changes of update 0.24. I mentioned them, because there was a question about these changes ;)

So u see, not everything is written in changelog. Maybe u should ask ur bosses why ;)

DeletedUser12304

Every ban can get appealed to and every legit explanation results in an unban.

It may have never crossed yr mind, but yes there are fair players, helping their guild mates (family or not) when they can, when they receive a ban being accused of multiaccounting, that this comes as a shock, disgusted with the way they are treated decide never to come back to Innogames again.

Bringing me back to the point made here that cheaters dictate the game policy.

DeletedUser

It may have never crossed yr mind, but yes there are fair players, helping their guild mates (family or not) when they can, when they receive a ban being accused of multiaccounting, that this comes as a shock, disgusted with the way they are treated decide never to come back to Innogames again.

Bringing me back to the point made here that cheaters dictate the game policy.

Yes. And I feel this is exactly what has happened here. To everyone else reading this thread : If you knew the full details of this case you would be even more appalled at the way this has been handled. It is a disgrace. I'm not at all surprised they left. So this being the result, maybe the way this rule/non-rule has been implemented should be reviewed and amended to prevent this from ever happening again.

DeletedUser

I really like this patch. There are some good bug fixes. The new PVP tower addition to the Event History screen is super handy.

Also I love that the Defending Army tab was added to the attacking screen. That was a great idea, whoever came up with it.

Thanks for the great update.

DeletedUser11640

Me and my wife playing this game from the beginning of november and started a guild, wich is now 25. in east-nagach. We play on two different computers connected on a router and this is one internet connection. I started just for fun but after I find this game interesting, so I suggested to my wife to play this together. Yes and we help each other motivate and trade like with all the others in the guild. We both try to get BP from hagia sophia and I succeeded first, that was the first GB in our guild, she didnt find all the pieces yet, thats why she started to invest her FP to my GB to get some BP and she was not the only one. With this update that is not possible any more.
If I understand this correctly, this is a controlling multiple accounts!!! SO THROW OUT BOTH OF US AND DONT FORGET 10.000+ OTHER PLAYERS!!! THANKS A LOT

DeletedUser276

Unfortunately as I said previously... a whole lotta pages back... man I shouldnt leave my computer anymore as this discussion has gotten out of hand) This was done because honestly it was getting out of hand. My penalty I enacted was the player getting boosted by a false account even got their great buildings deleted which most spent actual money on. I wasnt happy with this and neither were other staff so this was put in its place.

Yes we are sure that people multi when they get caught. No we wont tell you or hint towards how we catch them or people will devise ways around the system. So really much of this discussion is moot as all it is are people complaining about a system that we cant tell them about. Its totally one sided and can get out of hand easilly due to confusion.

This does impact husband and wife teams as King Moods says.... Fortunately that is a minority of the population when you compare it to people boosting great buildings through multi accounts. When I enacted my search a while back in my announcement thread of rule enforcement I banned numerous accounts (40+) each day for a week. Sometimes going as high as 80 accounts. I have deleted up to 7 great buildings from players. This of course takes vast amounts of time to check, double check, triple check accounts before taking this action.

This is just another case of the many mess it up for the few. This is though prime for our population as how many laws are enforced that are stupid just because people dont know any better or just dont care.

There isnt much point to discussion "cheating" players anymore as I cant share anything further with you guys and further discussion could cause hanger ons to start shouting and cause a general uproar from a few people. While you may lose the boost from 1 other person.. there are thousands out there that are capable of boosting you so your not losing that much... the cheaters though lose soooo much more.

DeletedUser

It's become quite interesting to see just how many players in this game come from the same household. I guess the Devs didn't consider this. It's obvious they went for the simple blanket block, written in pseudocode thusly:

-Check IP Addresses of Player with GB, from list of IP addresses the account has logged into.
-Check for Match with Player placing FP, again from list of IP addresses the account has logged into.
-If Match, Block.

Firstly, I didn't know they kept a list of our IP addresses. I am blocked from placing FPs on players I haven't visited for a couple of days, so this list existed before the update. Also, it's still blocking me when I go to different IP addresses, ones that my family haven't used, so they must be directly referring to a list. Just in case it is mentioned that I am spreading rumours, this is my opinion based on logical deduction. What they should do is create an exception list, so that it goes more like this:

-Check IP Addresses of Player with GB, from list of IP addresses the account has logged into.
-Check for Match with Player placing FP, again from list of IP addresses the account has logged into.
-If Match, Check name of GB player on FP player's exclusion list.
-If no Match, Block

then it would be a case of contacting them to add to your exclusion list with proof that this is someone else. Plenty of Online games have exclusion procedures in place, so it can't be that difficult to set on up on this game.

EDIT - I don't want to ruin all the good aspects that updates bring (as mentioned by Blacksmith after this post), as this has been the only problem I have had from this game. I still will be playing FoE, and I will put up with the disadvantage for the time being. As such, I won't be bringing up this issue anymore, but I hope a solution is found eventually that benefits everyone.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately as I said previously... a whole lotta pages back... man I shouldnt leave my computer anymore as this discussion has gotten out of hand) This was done because honestly it was getting out of hand. My penalty I enacted was the player getting boosted by a false account even got their great buildings deleted which most spent actual money on. I wasnt happy with this and neither were other staff so this was put in its place.

Yes we are sure that people multi when they get caught. No we wont tell you or hint towards how we catch them or people will devise ways around the system. So really much of this discussion is moot as all it is are people complaining about a system that we cant tell them about. Its totally one sided and can get out of hand easilly due to confusion.

This does impact husband and wife teams as King Moods says.... Fortunately that is a minority of the population when you compare it to people boosting great buildings through multi accounts. When I enacted my search a while back in my announcement thread of rule enforcement I banned numerous accounts (40+) each day for a week. Sometimes going as high as 80 accounts. I have deleted up to 7 great buildings from players. This of course takes vast amounts of time to check, double check, triple check accounts before taking this action.

This is just another case of the many mess it up for the few. This is though prime for our population as how many laws are enforced that are stupid just because people dont know any better or just dont care.

There isnt much point to discussion "cheating" players anymore as I cant share anything further with you guys and further discussion could cause hanger ons to start shouting and cause a general uproar from a few people. While you may lose the boost from 1 other person.. there are thousands out there that are capable of boosting you so your not losing that much... the cheaters though lose soooo much more.

Hey Blacksmith. You know I respect you & your opinion. But I feel the mods use this 'Cannot talk about it' far too much. I understand why. What I don't understand is, that even when there is a clear mistake it is used as a solution to the problem. Which it clearly is not.
And although the 'family use ' may be a minority I think it is a very large minority. Thus affecting far too many innocents.
Isn't it time to redress this debacle ?

DeletedUser276

if you want to discuss it feel free to send me a pm about it :) I can point form argue and debate there... this discussion is taking away from all the good stuff in this changelog and running it way off topic here.

DeletedUser

Ok Blacksmith. Fair enough. I will do that, but you will be pleased to hear I think I'm all talked out on this subject over the past few days.

DeletedUser

Digusted! Forcing each user to update to Adobe Flash Player version 11.3 is very very wrong. Adobe are not producing any version after 11.2 for Linux. Microsoft Windows now has the monopoly for Forge of Empires.

And why? No reasons given. I used to play Forge of Empires quite happily, and faster than my friends using MS Windows and IE. Seems it is no longer to be. I hope FoE will one day stop checking for the version number of a browser plug in.

DeletedUser

Digusted! Forcing each user to update to Adobe Flash Player version 11.3 is very very wrong. Adobe are not producing any version after 11.2 for Linux. Microsoft Windows now has the monopoly for Forge of Empires.

And why? No reasons given. I used to play Forge of Empires quite happily, and faster than my friends using MS Windows and IE. Seems it is no longer to be. I hope FoE will one day stop checking for the version number of a browser plug in.

Google Chrome (not Chromium) on Linux runs Flash version 11,5,31,137 and plays FoE quite happily.

I gave up on Firefox and Chromium when the game became unplayable for me on Flash version 11.2 back in August 2012 and filed a support ticket then - nothing happened about it since I found a solution, to move to using Chrome.

DeletedUser276

linux is being discussed elsewhere... I posted how players on it can play still.

DeletedUser

+10 for the new rules. It is so frustrating when you leave a guild and then the 'husband' attacks you out of spite and tells the 'wife' and 'kids' what your army is so they can attack and plunder you too. I really like the idea that people playing on the same Internet connection should play at arms length, that is different Guilds, different neighborhoods, not allowed to be 'friends' etc.

It is my experience in life that innocent people when accused of cheating in a game, will walk away from that game and have nothing more to do with it. People with a guilty conscience will go on and on ad infinitum trying to prove (to themselves?) that they are right. They also go on to angrily flame anyone who disagrees. Psychologists have proven that this kind of angry outburst is another indication of guilt.

DeletedUser3473

My hubby and I log into the game on separate computers. We both have a base computer and a laptop. I for one log 2 of my towns on the base and the other 2 on the laptop. I have 3 accounts in England server A, B and H and 1 in USA server D. If the moderator were to ping the account of myself and LordBeattie they will see that my accounts have never been logged on his computers. As the rules stand we cannot even polish each others towns. We have the same IP address as those neighbors in our providers location. Does this mean that we could be banned if the neighbor logs on and plays on our towns? Each of the computers have personal ID that can be traced to that computer why are the rules only doing IP address?

DeletedUser276

Last time I will say this... this thread is not for discussion on "cheating". The reasoning behind the change for the great buildings was explained fairly well and from discussions with the other community managers it is not going to change back. You lose 1 person to boost a great building out of a potential 232.

I will though ask to see what I can mention and what I cannot for some of our detection... I am doubtful I can say much though as the more info we release the more chances of someone getting around the system we have for detection. I will repost in this post when I get the feedback from others. Please stay off the topic till I can repost and let others discuss other functions of the changelog.

DeletedUser276

Sc.2) That is not a common scenario. But still, in my previous ticket I explained that friends or players who regularly share a connection are to refrain from interacting with each other's town.

Ok as per Forems post this info from Lodroth is incorrect. Players can motivate and polish people who share the same connections city. They can even trade with them. Its when the trades are lopsided and totally in favor of one account is when we start looking at the account as an account push.

This does not mean you can play more than one account on a world by yourself but two separate people can in fact play from the same connection. So husband and wife teams are still safe.

I will try to explain this rule change for great buildings so we can understand it and also come to understand that this is here to stay. I am rather abrupt in my speech when I do this so please understand that what I say I am trying my best to help.

When great buildings were first brought out people were creating multiple accounts and then using the forge points to push their great buildings to higher levels without having to benefit those around them. They kept the rewards for themselves and used the rewards of fp packages to further boost great buildings of their own. I guess the devs didnt think about that because of the rules of no Multi accounting.

I started logging in and searching for these boosters and found literally a couple hundred that were doing it. I initiated a penalty of loss of great building even if players bought it with premium feature as cheating is cheating and the penalty must fit the crime. This started eating up a lot of my day not only searching for these cheaters but dealing with the pathetic whines that were coming my way in appeals saying that the punishment was too harsh etc etc.

While I understand that husband and wife teams as well as parent child teams in some instance cant now donate forge points to great buildings it was figured that it was 1 person loss out of 232 potential people in friends list guilds list and neighborhood list that can still donate forge points to their great buildings. While I appreciate that most people come here with room mates, spouses and families to play together, you still can. Its just one feature that's locked out.

No feature is perfect. I am sure there may be an idea out there that we havent thought of for this and I am more than happy to hear ideas on a better way to prevent this. If you have such an idea then please post it in the ideas forum. Posting in here complaining about it without even attempting to also put a solution isnt beneficial and turns staff away as they think its just another complainy post. I am sure that in the end losing 1 person to donate forge points wont be the end of the world. But as I said if you have a better idea. I am all ears.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

DeletedUser

Any suggestions on what appears to be a new bug after the 0.25 update, but is not quite consistent enough for me to report yet?
I have several times collected the daily output from a GB or Town Hall recently, then logged out to go to a different world, come back later and found the same building needs to be collected again? I suspect that the initial coin collection info was being lost. Some others in my guild have reported this behaviour as well, but as mentioned it is inconsistent and I am so far unable to replicate it....