• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Carnival Event 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser

My entire guild has said "feth it" with this event...
39 players total that won't spend a single diamond, let alone even bother with just the freebie stuff itself.

Granted anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, and there's plenty of brainless wallets out there who will always spend regardless, but it's more the fact that my guild is now 39 potential customers who have closed our wallets to this event.
And I know we're not the only guild.

The bad part for Inno for all of this is that they now have an ever-growing pool of players they will have to win back some trust & goodwill from.
Hopefully the Spring event will restore some of that event excitement that gets us spending our diamonds.

But this carnival event is just a giant flaming dumpster that even the fire dept has refused to lift a finger to put out.
Another event or two this bad, and I know a bunch of my guild will quit the game. :(

Not in your guild but my wallet is closed as well and if they ever have the bloody nerves to come with something this ridiculous again I will close it permanently and for everything!

DeletedUser

Oh, as designer I noticed some slightly altered recycled content in the set (Canal & Obelisk) and I know this is no good news.
That just hit the wrong string with me like no tomorrow.
Usually this means the designers are bored out and made that a quicky.
That’s an ultimately bad sign as a whole as for Inno goes.
I realize an average player would either not notice or won’t interpretate this like I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
They do follow some themes over previous events so it might be designed to fit in with some of the previous designs. Especially if the same person is doing the work. The whole set up seems to be basically the cherry garden set anyway with a new skin.

DeletedUser

Guys, unfortunately they do not care. Now that they are big and famous, our opinions doesn't matter anymore. They are here for one reason only, and that is to make money, and if we are not a paying, or buying customers in this case, we are more than welcome to leave. Sad but true :(

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Been playing inno games for longer than FOE had been released for. Nothing has changed they didn't care before and don't care now. End of the day they're a business in a very lucrative market and online gaming has always been one where there is no customer service as such for players so they dont even need to pretend too care and it's fairly obvious they don't. I'm fine with that and dont expect anything better.

These last two events have been a total bust in winning anything from florins (4k so far not won any main prizes) and the football thing for me. Might have been very unlucky with the % but I have gone from occasional diamond use for the events to completely not worth even slightly entertaining spending anything. Even diamonds earned in GE are not worth the risk with the % anymore. To be fair it's also hitting their big spenders too so its balanced out quite a lot. The players that had 10 event buildings at the end of the events seem to be down to 3/4 the last couple of events.

eon1299

Private
It is an awful event. I was hoping that Cherry Garden set will be available in Spring event,
but according to beta it is not there
So... We just left with this Pizza set now :(

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
To be fair though, the Spring event is like 2 entire days old on the beta atm. ;)
And if I'm being honest, even the Lv2 cherry set is kinda 'meh' overall now when stacked up against the past year-and-a-bit's worth of main event prizes... (and even some of the past year's Historical prizes too!)

Why bother with something that's impossible to 'plunder-proof' (outside of city shields and/or collecting on time), when we have buildings like Lv10 Colossus/ToI's/PoH's/Winter Spire/Yggy Tree/etc, etc...
Hell, even the likes of the Napolean & Genghis quest line prizes that provide decent atk% bonus for tiny footprints are better than the sets!

And let's be real here - beta does make a difference!
If it wasn't for the outright pitchfork mob mentality on beta, the Forgebowl event would NEVER HAVE BEEN SO HEAVILY ALTERED!! (like seriously, the beta players deserve a huge amount of respect for forcing Inno to make that event actually doable - so thank-you again guys & gals!:D)
While the beta cries were ignored this time, it's still just one event out of a guaranteed 6 big 'seasonal' events + 1-2 or so other 'main' events we get each year.

And if the Vikings are any indication, then perhaps Inno is simply shifting the real super prize buildings to the new Settlements feature?

eon1299

Private
I have a lot of land unoccupied in my city that i need to turn into FP and Attack producing areas. Was hoping that Cherry Set will help me with it

DeletedUser114342

I wonder if someone were to create a poll about whether or not this event was the worse one so far, how many people would vote ‘yes’?

As far as the percent chance of getting something - It looks like to me - They Screwed up the function across the board - all chances of getting something have been drastically reduced - in everything!

DeletedUser111095

You guys really messed up big time with this event. The odds of winning a set piece from the chests are ridiculous and without receiving daily florins, the event is much harder. I hope it at least gets you loads of money, because that after all is your primary goal, but judging from what people are saying in-game, you've even made it too difficult to be worth spending diamonds on.

DeletedUser116768

As far as the percent chance of getting something - It looks like to me - They Screwed up the function across the board - all chances of getting something have been drastically reduced - in everything!
I raised a ticket and they said everything is working fine!!! In one of my 4 world I did managed to get one piece and then I actually wanted the fps

DeletedUser116780

After spending 19860 Florins i got 5 special prizes.
The average price for a chest is 250 Florins.
19860/250=79.44 chests => 75 chests opened
75/5=15 => 15 chests for 1 special prize.
So the REAL chance to get a special prize is about 6.5%