• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Carnival Event 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
PLUS daily challenge has "take x amount of sectors" several times a week. If there is more than 2 I simply ignore a daily challenge for that day, but still. It is quite unfortunate IMO. (I'm far ahead on the map than my city era already).
The DC issues can be solved by simply never having ANY open/unsolved sectors on the c-map. ;)

My vehement complaint with Inno over this stupidity in this coming event is;
1. That we're STILL having quests with no alternative choice...
It's not hard. Sure, their goal is to force player progress, but that still leaves the option to do put in horrific options like, "scout a province OR win 6 battles in a row without losing/defeat 70-90+ enemy units/dump 750 current age goods into guild treasury/etc..."
Most players will take the 'easy' route and just scout anyways. But at least for the truly determined, the option is there to avoid the forced c-map progress.
(and yes, even though I'm a camper w/9.5k of each current age good, I still loath throwing them into the guild treasury black hole!lol)

2. There is NO "claim a province" quest this time around!!
So, Inno is forcing us to either, a) waste at least 1 full province so that we don't completely screw over our DC's, or else, we get to endure the DC auto-failure every other day or so because of the asinine stupidity of the developers to even understand the basics of their own game. >.<

That's beyond lame on Inno's part.
If they're going to force a 'scout a province' quest, then at least have the decency to put at the end of the event questline a "complete a province" task so that the forced scouting is at least 'useful' vs. gakking over DC's until at least the next event.:mad::mad:

Vesiger

Monarch
The DC issues can be solved by simply never having ANY open/unsolved sectors on the c-map. ;)

Which takes us back to the situation that you then have to open one province in order to take sectors for one quest, followed by opening a second province for the 'scout a province' quest - at least if the latter came first then you could use sectors from the scouted province...

DeletedUser113901

What's the matter with province quests? You can at least fight 2 ages up, can't you? Then you can buy some goods for a ridiculously small amount of FPs, can't you? And if you acquired all provinces quests auto complete, don't they?

DeletedUser96901

What's the matter with province quests? You can at least fight 2 ages up, can't you? Then you can buy some goods for a ridiculously small amount of FPs, can't you? And if you acquired all provinces quests auto complete, don't they?
but when you can't fight them anymore and they need Prom or Ori to negotiate then you are screwed ;)

PomPoms

Sergeant
I don't suppose there are any Grand Bridge upgrades as prizes in the mix? I am one short on that. If they are not going to include previous prizes for same yearly events (another example would be pillar of heroes) then one would have to make sure one has ALL the upgrades necessary as you only get one shot at it. So if you don't manage to upgrade all these buildings this year, don't count on next year to do it.

DeletedUser116766

I am so frustrated with the low special prize chance that I am considering quitting the game for good. I've spend 7.3k Florins already and I managed to get only 1 special prize with the last attempt. I've been opening only chests with the best price to chance ration for special prize.

upload_2019-2-21_10-22-59.png

DeletedUser113901

I am so frustrated with the low special prize chance that I am considering quitting the game for good. I've spend 7.3k Florins already and I managed to get only 1 special prize with the last attempt. I've been opening only chests with the best price to chance ration for special prize.

View attachment 18082
Let me try to explain it. Ok. Take a dice. Throw it three times and write down the 3 results. Your result had 1 chance on 216 to happen. You are one out of tenth of thousands. Do you find it unbelievable that someone in the lot gets your result? Of course not. You find it unlikely it happened to you. But everybody is a someone. It could fall on anybody. Why you you ask? Better ask why not you.

DeletedUser116766

Let me try to explain it. Ok. Take a dice. Throw it three times and write down the 3 results. Your result had 1 chance on 216 to happen. You are one out of tenth of thousands. Do you find it unbelievable that someone in the lot gets your result? Of course not. You find it unlikely it happened to you. But everybody is a someone. It could fall on anybody. Why you you ask? Better ask why not you.

That's what I am saying. The chance is that low that it's possible to even finish the whole event without any special reward. It's not very likely but possible. I think that the percentage should be a little bit higher to have more predictable results in order to avoid disappointment and confusion. Or at least have some fail-safe that always gives the special reward after some time if you've been so unlucky.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
That's what I am saying. The chance is that low that it's possible to even finish the whole event without any special reward. It's not very likely but possible. I think that the percentage should be a little bit higher to have more predictable results in order to avoid disappointment and confusion. Or at least have some fail-safe that always gives the special reward after some time if you've been so unlucky.
The two most bemoaned issues on the beta test of this event were:
a) no option this year to buy previous prizes for diamonds
b) THE PERCENTGES TO WIN ANYTHING ARE A FETHING JOKE!!

And Inno did nothing to actually improve any of this. So, do the smart thing; don't play in this travesty of an event!;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spring event has begun on beta, and there's still the Summer event which is traditionally the real 'gold mine' event.
Just ignore this steaming gakpile, maybe spend some time in the Vikings settlement working on more Yggy Tree levels perhaps? (even by just Lv4 it's well worth planting), and continue on with your regular game play.

Besides, the carnival set is hot garbage anyways...
It's what, +1fp vs. the Lv2 cherry set? Plus a couple extra goods? Yet the atk boost is moronically nerfed into the ground, and no cares much about defense boosts anyways.
Save the space this pile of trash would waste and instead just wait patiently for the next event! :)
New Lv7 'grand prize' in the next event is pretty good actually!

DeletedUser113278

I came here to express the same thing after blowing almost 7k, and I'm quite surprised there aint more posts like this.

DeletedUser114342

I look at it this way - if i get the set, happy days, if i get it upgraded to lvl 2 - even better, if not - whatever.

I have the same attitude as you. Personally, this is my least favourite event so far. I am already looking forward to the spring event.

DeletedUser113278

You prove differently and so do those 99.99999...%

Ive read plenty of your replies on this forum unwavering fan boi... seems like your inside some kind of bubble here more than the game itself. Fact is many people think this event just plain sucks. No more replies to you, like hitting my head against a brick wall (waste of time).