• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Carnival Event 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser114342

i agree with you 100%, i've spent 5 950 florins and only got one Piazza Mask Vendor, it's a total shambles

I had something similar happen to me, but it was only 2000 florins (which I thought was bad enough) and then I stopped. I now limit myself to 10 tries to get the special prize. If I don’t get it then, I stop and wait for it to come back again.

So far, this is working for me. I managed to get 2 special prizes today after only a total of 4 tries, so it balanced out my initial attempt.

@Agent327 love your comments, you keep this forum interesting ☺️

DeletedUser116322

Who's fault is that? It was your own (sound) decission to spend those. Nobody forced you.
agent 327 let me educate you how this Carnival event works, you do quests and you get florins which in turn you use them to "gamble" to try and get the best prizes available with each gamble, the concept here is the biggest amount of florins you gamble/use/spend increases the chances (in theory) of you getting the best prizes but because you don't spend any florins and you're not playing the game properly or not at all still you have the audacity to tell the players that play the game properly and to it's fullest that "Nobody forced you" to spend florins, how pathetic can you get

Emberguard

Legend
*ahem* Enough with the personal remarks (from all sides). Yes there are those that think the event sucks and those that think it's balanced just fine.

Me I think it'd have been a lot easier to complete if this specific set was in any other event and the carnival had been released with a single base building + upgrade lvls given the 6 hr rotation

DeletedUser116322

Me I think it'd have been a lot easier to complete if this specific set was in any other event and the carnival had been released with a single base building + upgrade lvls given the 6 hr rotation
ja, definitely

Emberguard

Legend
I'm not looking for excuses on retaliating in kind, it's a request that it stops. If one person gets in trouble anyone else doing the exact same thing would also be in trouble.

Now please, back on topic

DeletedUser112774

Back on the topic, the thing is that we ("we" as in the players who feel this event is unbalanced) have tried opening several chests in a row and have come up with nothing to show for it long past the point where the odds would suggest we would have. So we can't help but feel that the on-screen percentages don't match the in-code percentages.

That makes it so even the folks that are usually happy to spend money on diamonds feel that they're not getting their money's worth and makes them (understandably) disinclined to buy more.

In addition to that, the Carnival event is rather boring. Inno could have made a boring event with fair percentages, or a skewed event that was so fun to play that people would forgive its other faults, but a boring event with skewed percentages is just unappealing across the board.

As an aside, the incentive to end in gold league is very little. I've never finished in a gold league, so I'm not speaking for myself, and I'm not saying I wish there was something incredibly juicy in the gold league's reward, but a SoK and last year's hood prize is just lazy. It wouldn't have killed Inno to keep up with the trend of a uniquely designed avatar, as a thank you to the folks that keep the game free to play for the rest of us.

DeletedUser

Back on the topic, the thing is that we ("we" as in the players who feel this event is unbalanced) have tried opening several chests in a row and have come up with nothing to show for it long past the point where the odds would suggest we would have. So we can't help but feel that the on-screen percentages don't match the in-code percentages.

That makes it so even the folks that are usually happy to spend money on diamonds feel that they're not getting their money's worth and makes them (understandably) disinclined to buy more.

In addition to that, the Carnival event is rather boring. Inno could have made a boring event with fair percentages, or a skewed event that was so fun to play that people would forgive its other faults, but a boring event with skewed percentages is just unappealing across the board.

As an aside, the incentive to end in gold league is very little. I've never finished in a gold league, so I'm not speaking for myself, and I'm not saying I wish there was something incredibly juicy in the gold league's reward, but a SoK and last year's hood prize is just lazy. It wouldn't have killed Inno to keep up with the trend of a uniquely designed avatar, as a thank you to the folks that keep the game free to play for the rest of us.

Amen!

DeletedUser

So much this!
I am lazy with the quests even.
I so don’t care!
Don’t spend my event thingies let alone log for it only for being maxed out.
At the moment I use them on the most speculative one and leave it alone if I am out of tickets.
Present for the neighbors.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116768

100% agree with this. By far the worst event Inno have done. Is it worth writing a ticket?

DeletedUser113901

That's what I am saying. The chance is that low that it's possible to even finish the whole event without any special reward. It's not very likely but possible. I think that the percentage should be a little bit higher to have more predictable results in order to avoid disappointment and confusion. Or at least have some fail-safe that always gives the special reward after some time if you've been so unlucky.
It is still possible to finish the event without earning any special even if the chance is of 99,9999999%. If you don't understand, I'd suggest you try reading about Chebyshev's inequality then try to fully understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
100% agree with this. By far the worst event Inno have done. Is it worth writing a ticket?

Not really, unless it makes you feel better venting a little. There was 25 pages of feedback on the beta server. They didnt pay any attention to the issues there so it wont make any difference I imagine.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I am so frustrated with the low special prize chance that I am considering quitting the game for good. I've spend 7.3k Florins already and I managed to get only 1 special prize with the last attempt. I've been opening only chests with the best price to chance ration for special prize.

View attachment 18082
I agree with Abrax completely. This kind of event is the worst type ever invented by Inno. First of all you have to stare at the screen for the whole day, waiting till someone starts hitting, so you can fook someeone up (sorry but there is no better word I can use :)) :)
As second, I have also spent alot of florins aswell as diamonds and didn't get a single piece so far. I have spent around 3000 florins + 600 diamonds at once trying to get one piece... No chance... I have been playing for more than 3 years and I'm not new at this, but this time Inno really gone too far.
I know they have to earn money, but this is pure robbery. Thinking to quit all this just because I don't like this kind of approach.

DeletedUser

That's what I am saying. The chance is that low that it's possible to even finish the whole event without any special reward. It's not very likely but possible. I think that the percentage should be a little bit higher to have more predictable results in order to avoid disappointment and confusion. Or at least have some fail-safe that always gives the special reward after some time if you've been so unlucky.

Exactly. Inno as a company should think and matter about their profit of course, but customer satisfaction should matter to them aswell. Apparently to them it doesn't. Skin the custommer to the bone, and who cares further... It seems to be their new moto LOL

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
My entire guild has said "feth it" with this event...
39 players total that won't spend a single diamond, let alone even bother with just the freebie stuff itself.

Granted anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, and there's plenty of brainless wallets out there who will always spend regardless, but it's more the fact that my guild is now 39 potential customers who have closed our wallets to this event.
And I know we're not the only guild.

The bad part for Inno for all of this is that they now have an ever-growing pool of players they will have to win back some trust & goodwill from.
Hopefully the Spring event will restore some of that event excitement that gets us spending our diamonds.

But this carnival event is just a giant flaming dumpster that even the fire dept has refused to lift a finger to put out.
Another event or two this bad, and I know a bunch of my guild will quit the game. :(

DeletedUser115975

As someone said above, there are over 25 pages of feedback for this event on the beta forum, and most of them, if not all, say the same thing - this event needs some major rebalancing. Strangely, neither Inno nor the beta moderators provided any comment based on that feedback. The only rebalancing that was noticeable is that they actually dropped the special percentage of at least one chest (down from 18%, if I recall correctly), and included the infamous "Jinxed" achievement (now removed). Very disappointing from Inno and the moderators to not even acknowledge the feedback provided by testers, let alone continue with an event that provided such terrible feedback without recognizing that a few changes would've made it better. Zero communication , acknowledgement or respect for testers' feedback there, so I don't expect that to be different on the live servers.