• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Birthday event discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser

how is the king obsolete once you enter IndA? It is about the same as the victorian house (last house in IndA) but it takes up 2 less spaces and does not have pop you have to keep happy. Yeah it could have been better if you waited, but it is hardly obsolete.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
you are missing the point leeroyj, it will be obsolete sooner or later, in my case, it will be worth less than a house once the new age is released. but for people in LMA or lower, it will become obsolete once they are in CA. or even sooner, so eventually it will become obsolete.

DeletedUser

haha man you said your king would become obsolete before the quest is over and that simply isn't possible. You won't even have unlocked victorian house by that time and the king is still better. All of these things become obsolete sooner or later, but that generally takes a month or two (going up one age isn't going to make it obsolete). they have also said upgrading buildings will be an option in the future, so it still isn't that big a deal. Who knows when the next age comes out, but I think it's safe to say the king won't be obsolete for several months for you (you'll still need to unlock 24 hour house in new age after all).

My EMA Tree of Love is still better than the guillotine (which is the comparable CA deco). I do wish they had allowed us to upgrade this though. There was nothing for the Houndsmoor people to upgrade,.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
leeroyj, as i said earlier, you are missing the point...
1. if the details were given before the event started, i would have wait till i reach IndA, and then i would have done the event.
2. the second part is about players in general, that everyone would like their event buildings to be up to date, and i simply suggested a way how to make it possible, and how to make players happy. i realy dont get why are you against this when you said that you would like your tree to be up to date too. or you are just trying to have a conversation that can go in circles for days, reply to reply to reply to reply untill someone gets bored?

DeletedUser

All you had to wait on doing was the last quest. If the difference between the IndA and CA King is such a big deal to you, why didn't you wait in the first place? It seems pretty common for the events to give special buildings. I may be missing your point, but I was using your words up there, so I don't think that is my fault. You really can't blame anyone else for your slightly less effective King here. I like being surprised, so I am glad they didn't say anything (although I actually knew what it was beforehand this time b/c I went on beta forum)

I never said anything about your second point.

DeletedUser

We can complain all day long about not being informed about x and y and now this is that and what not.... For whatever reason, Innogames decided not to let players know what was coming.... can anything be done about it now?! No, sorry, but time machines have not yet been invented. However, we all know now that it is possible and who knows, there might even be quests to regain "buildings of old". My point is, nobody knows, except the game designers and development team and they won't tell us for two VERY GOOD reasons.

Firstly, it will ruin the surprise.

Secondly, it will reduce the anticipation and excitement within the game and players will become bored if they know everything that is coming!

DeletedUser6461

We can complain all day long about not being informed about x and y and now this is that and what not.... For whatever reason, Innogames decided not to let players know what was coming.... can anything be done about it now?! No, sorry, but time machines have not yet been invented. However, we all know now that it is possible and who knows, there might even be quests to regain "buildings of old". My point is, nobody knows, except the game designers and development team and they won't tell us for two VERY GOOD reasons.

Firstly, it will ruin the surprise.

Secondly, it will reduce the anticipation and excitement within the game and players will become bored if they know everything that is coming!

I second this thought of Mike.
I can foresee something much more more interesting is on the way to surpass all our complaints :)

DeletedUser

I just wanted to hop in here and say "Thank you" for the awesome Birthday event. Upgrading the prior buildings was a great idea, and I personally, really like getting to see the Artwork. Seeing the development of the buildings, and seeing what GB's "might have been" was an much more interesting reward than simple resources.

Happy Birthday FoE!

Amy Steele

General
I second that Todash... though I have not been playing long enough to have any of the buildings which were upgraded during the quest I have found it a thoroughly enjoyable quest series... love the artwork and now have 2 special 'buildings' (Queen and Award Trophy) in my second city which I only began just after the Easter event finished, and where I have just finished the Birthday event. (Not quite there yet in my primary city). Some of the random rewards were just what I needed also, and I have some Forge Point packages in my inventory for my second city, whereas before I had none. There were also some interesting hints of things to come :)

I'm thinking of using some of the artwork for my laptop desktop background too. So yes - Happy Birthday FoE and many happy returns!

DeletedUser6065

Whether they feature in future special event quests or not, I am loving the artwork :)

I personally would like to see the 'Zeppelin' appear as a Happiness Building (and not just for the 'diamonds'. They got enough stuff as it is!). It can't be 'to late' to implement. If it is already in-game, just re-code the xxx Diamonds (I just know they're gonna make it a diamond) to xxx gold/xxx resourcs. Presto. If not in-game, just call out a previous module, update, insert and presto again. Simple. A great looking happiness building everybody can have. Oh yes, to make it a unique experience (again all can share), you lose a few thousand happiness (and severl nearby builings) if you place it within 5 squares of a Watchfire (loads of laughs against those with multiple watchfires all over their city!). . . mk

DeletedUser

When you say that the King is just like a typical residential building, does this mean that it can be plundered too? Please say yes hehe

DeletedUser

I think the birthday event is very balanced, and probably the best event so far because of the ability to upgrade previous reward buildings.

I'm a little surprised that people would ever delete rewards buildings, since they tend to be better than their equivalent "regular" building as much as two ages later. In addition, I wouldn't ever get rid of them, if only to show that I've been around long enough to have every event reward since the game started.

Why all the complaints? "Rewards will become obsolete!"? Perhaps people haven't noticed that one of the main benefits of the birthday event was to update previous event rewards. I don't think it takes a psychic to assume that future events will likely do this as well for other game rewards, including the King/Queen. I'm guessing this quest line chose the Halloween and Christmas rewards, since those are the oldest and most likely to be well out of date.

And all the other moans and groans? "Thanks for the worthless artwork!"? I think much of that artwork is spoilers of what is to come. It would be nice if perhaps the displayed Great Buildings were implemented as Stone Age buildings or some such (there SHOULD be stone age GB's - many impressive structures were built before what most historians consider the "bronze age", particularly in Mexico and Egypt). Personally, I find most gold/supply rewards almost worthless (except for the ranking points gain) since I have so much of both I can probably advance through the Progressive Era with what I have right now. Maybe some people would have been happier with a 1x1 building that produced 5000 happiness, a million each of gold and supplies every 15 minutes, and included a maid to come come over and clean your house once a week! Rewards have to be somewhat balanced, and I feel this event provided just that.

+1 from me for the Birthday event. Well done.

DeletedUser17220

Everyone is playing the game in a different way. I would have been mad too if I had got the king just before I unlocked LMA. Thankfully that didn't happen because i read all the information available on the forum after the quest started.

some people may think it is good to have a surprise and not to know what is coming, but to me (and I believe a lot of players like me as well), i want to know everything before i make a decision. even if it is just a game.

by the way, am i unlucky to get all duplicates bp from the quests? one of them is even Babel...which is one of the only two GB in the game that I already have full sets bp of and also never plan to build

DeletedUser7389

Some quests will be skipped by the system if a player does not have some buildings, graveyard, nutcracker, and confectionary. So some players may miss out on three quests, the ones for those buildings if they do not have them.

It will skip after some time?
When quest line started I had Nutcracker, but sold it before quest came up.

DeletedUser

When quest line started I had Nutcracker, but sold it before quest came up.
Then you will miss the nutcracker quests. The quests are set in a specific order, when a quest is completed, the system will then check your city, if the nutcracker is not present, it won't offer you the quest.

For those that don't like the surprise, simply start the quests a couple of days later, the answer thread i created contains all the info on the quest you need, but I don't like to post anything like that until a good couple of days in so that everyone gets the opportunity to experience the excitement of not knowing!

DeletedUser5399

I need to raise 5 Brass somehow. What is the best way to acquire needed resources? Would love to upgrade my Confectionery but need 5 Brass. :(

DeletedUser

plunder it or trade for it. if you are in a bind use diamonds or get raped by merchant

DeletedUser

you say you would be mad if you were about to advance and got the king before doing so, but most of these events give unique buildings so you would only have to feel stupid (not angry at game) if you rushed through it (a week and a half left in quest or something) and didn't bother reading about event or assume you were getting something you would want to be in next age.

DeletedUser5399

plunder it or trade for it. if you are in a bind use diamonds or get raped by merchant
I have some Trades on the Market already. Can't find the option to Trade Diamonds for Resources ... where is it? And how does someone get 'raped' by a Merchant?

Last edited by a moderator: