• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Birthday event discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser

haha I was talking about that merchant that will give you 1 good for 10 of another good from that same age. It will be on last page. Maybe you can't use diamonds to get goods for quests, but I know you can for everything else (research, negotiate, GBs).

DeletedUser5399

haha I was talking about that merchant that will give you 1 good for 10 of another good from that same age. It will be on last page. Maybe you can't use diamonds to get goods for quests, but I know you can for everything else (research, negotiate, GBs).
Okay, thanks. :D Yes, I ended up finding out that I had enough 'other' Resources to get 'raped' by the in-game Merchant and have my needed 5 Brass. Thanks again for your help. :)

DeletedUser

This event was completely useless. Took one day to finish and got just minimal rewards from it :(. I expected much more from a one year celebration.

DeletedUser5399

I am on the "Acquire Two Sectors Without Fighting" Quest. Can anyone tell me how many more I need to complete before I'm finished with the Birthday Event? Thanks. :)

DeletedUser16543

This is my first post so please be nice :)
I done a (quick) search of this thread and don't seem to find the answer I am looking for. Please confirm do I need to build my nice new graveyard to then unlock the further upgrade quests, confectionery and nutcracker ??
Because I have just reached CA and really wanted to wait until I reach INA before I built my new buildings, thanks for any help.
Kind Regards GOW

DeletedUser

I done a (quick) search of this thread and don't seem to find the answer I am looking for. Please confirm do I need to build my nice new graveyard to then unlock the further upgrade quests, confectionery and nutcracker ??
Because I have just reached CA and really wanted to wait until I reach INA before I built my new buildings, thanks for any help.
Kind Regards GOW

Hiya, welcome to the forums!

Yes, you need them in your village in order to have the quests to upgrade them turn up... and before selling them, take good care to accept the quest that requires it.
Also, the buildings that you now have in invent, will be of the age that you were in when you received the quest that granted them...so waiting till you're in a new age to place them, doesn't help ;)

DeletedUser16543

Thankyou Pendragon for your fast and helpful reply ;)
this all I needed to know thanks for your help.
Kind Regards GOW

DeletedUser5399

… Please confirm do I need to build my nice new graveyard to then unlock the further upgrade quests, confectionery and nutcracker ?? ~ GOW
Before selling your Confectionery or Nutcracker or Graveyard, be sure you have the necessary Resources (if any) to complete the Quest. Otherwise, you might spend the remaining time gathering needed resources and if you don't in time, you've lost the building you sold. So be sure to have the required resources for completing the quest(s) before selling them.

DeletedUser

with the sections to conquer can it only be done by fighting, i took two with trades and the quest didn't complete. I would find it nasty if i would have to fight as i can't do that part of the game. So the quests are done for me if that was the case :(.

DeletedUser1094

Yes... you can only "conquer" a sector by fighting. I tried the same as you, hoping it would work... but as you now know, it doesn't. :(

Edit : But can't you attack and plunder some of your neighbours instead?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes... conquering means taking by force, so with your armies :)

But as Dael said, you can also plunder neighbours - there's bound to be some inactives in your neighbourhood as well that can (finally, as some would say) serve their purpose after all ;)

DeletedUser

with the sections to conquer can it only be done by fighting, i took two with trades and the quest didn't complete. I would find it nasty if i would have to fight as i can't do that part of the game. So the quests are done for me if that was the case :(.

Your query was covered with post 129 through post 136 in this thread. It seems that fighting is a required element of this series of quests.

Edit: You can find post numbers by hovering on the top right corner of each post.

DeletedUser6461

The quest giver says: "Acquire two sectors without fighting". It means you must "acquire" it by negotiation (through bribing the owner with Goods) only.
1. Are you sure you have accepted the quest by clicking the accept button?
2. Are you sure you have completed the full goods requirement of sector negotiation? Sometimes the available goods are not enough and we have to either produce or trade some goods to complete the negotiation or even purchase the goods through diamond.
3. If both the above are done properly and still the quest is not completing, you may create a support ticket by right-clicking anywhere in the city and proceed with the contact support.
I hope it helps.

NB: As Martinus rightly pointed out after me, there is another one quest saying: "Plunder 5 Buildings or Conquer 2 Sectors". You can't do Conquer or Plunder without fighting it out with your Army. Though you don't like it, but it's a part of the game and we must do it for the sake of the quest..

DeletedUser

There are two quests:
  • Plunder 5 Buildings or Conquer 2 Sectors; and
  • Acquire 2 sectors without fighting

The first one can only be done by fighting (on the map or other with players so you can plunder) whilst the second can only be done by negotiation. As King Dael and Pendragon said, it may be easier to do the first quest by picking on the weaker players in your neighbourhood and plundering them (however, I'd disagree with Pendragon about targeting inactives as quite often they have nothing to plunder).

DeletedUser

(however, I'd disagree with Pendragon about targeting inactives as quite often they have nothing to plunder).

You got a point there, and at the same time I'd rather try the inactives first before hitting on the weaker players, as they're usually targeted a lot already. :)
I used this tactic myself, then offered the ones I plundered the chance to retaliate by taking off my own defence for a few days. I did get plundered, unfortunately not by them but by some bigger fish in my neighbourhood who thought my two spearfighters were their trigger to plunder :p Oh well, guess it's all in the game!

DeletedUser

very dissapointed that "the king" is plunderable as it is 24h.
especially as fiding a whole page of plundering events. and the quest that say complete all the quests, i presume becomes active at the end of the event?

DeletedUser

the 24 hr houses are plunderable too. I don't know what you mean after that first sentence

DeletedUser

@phalanx

That is why my profile states: First motivate the king

When that king is motivated it cannot be plundered. You have 24 hours to get it motivated. Have you no friends, neighbors or guildmates who can take care of that for you?

DeletedUser5399

@phalanx

That is why my profile states: First motivate the king

When that king is motivated it cannot be plundered. You have 24 hours to get it motivated. Have you no friends, neighbors or guildmates who can take care of that for you?
Is this for certain? :cool: I do hope so, as I am attacked/plundered each and every day by my neighborhood bully. :mad: