• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Archaeology Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Yeah I agree, the airship is a bad event building, just be glad they did buff it, it used to be worse. Even though the buff was like 1 extra fp/a couple more goods.. at least its not that bad. If your still using other Event buildings from even further back it could still be useful to some.
Its not bad, the Battlegrounds made everything look bad because of the huge profit.
Its ok for people that don't play gbg much, impo ofc
And considering that new players will build 1-2 at least Buildings , its ok for their start, its for farmers though but it helps a lot in new Cities !

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
The Airship is a good building, better than the Royal ship for examle. And its best trait is that it can be plundered :D

Who went for that ship? :P There is other ships besides pirate? Sif.

But it also will have a high priority for motiv's, so unlikely to be plundered. not gonna be another delicious train like plunder event building for awhile methinks. Though the Celtic set can make a good target too ;)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Its not bad, the Battlegrounds made everything look bad because of the huge profit.
Its ok for people that don't play gbg much, impo ofc
And considering that new players will build 1-2 at least Buildings , its ok for their start, its for farmers though but it helps a lot in new Cities !

Yeah true, really for space concerns you could fit multiple Soh's inside the airship, for more FP, 100+ guild goods instead of 20... ect.

GBG really has spoilt us

San IV

Private
What happens after completing all 60 quests of the event? Will there be a way to earn more scrolls & continue playing the archaeology challenge to get daily prizes?

Emberguard

Legend
What happens after completing all 60 quests of the event? Will there be a way to earn more scrolls & continue playing the archaeology challenge to get daily prizes?
You won’t get the 60th quest until near the end of event

There’s 39 quests you can complete immediately, the rest are released one per day.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Airship looks fine to me. Not crazy good like Abandoned Asylum or Olympic Treasury but still quite efficient. It's close to Mikawa bridge and definitely better than world's fair. I don't understand how you can say it's worse.
If I want fps, I'll take the World's Fair
If I want Guild Goods, I'll get a GbG's Statue of Honour up and running
If I want goods, then I guess it's pretty decent, but between various GB's + CF + every other event building, who really needs even more goods production?! :P

Lack of any battle upgrade makes it poo... even if it just gave more atk% to the defending army, it would at least give the Airship a niche to sit in, but as it is, it's just another 'jack of all trades, master of none' type building.

Any Empire

Sergeant
Event Mini Game;
This is perfect as is - NEVER change it!!:D:D:D

Despite what some say, the St. Patty's event mini game was great too! I *MUCH* prefer actual thinking/strategic games vs. the mind-numbing dullness of just looking up a chart to see what math says are the 3-4 most optimal choices of the 9-12+ various 'chests/animals/players/etc...' to pick every damn time.
Any idiot can look up the FoE wiki page and read a chart. The best events are those that require some level of brain cell exercising to achieve the better results. ;)

Agree with most of this. I like Archeology a lot; it is a bit like playing backgammon in that it needs skill to do well, but also has an element of chance. A player with a good strategy will usually win in backgammon, but can lose when an inferior player gets a very fortunate series of dice rolls.
Same in Archeology: a good strategy for using tools and choosing which squares and which vases to uncover will usually lead to better outcomes, though sometimes you can run into an unlucky streak (e.g. and thus not getting a really desirable DS).

Which is why I detested the St Paddy’s day event. After beta playing, it was clear only 2 or 3 major strategies could be selected: e.g. very intensive, to more hands-off. Once selected, it was boring, repetitive, very time-consuming, and just not fun. Had the game permitted any real strategic choices, such as picking which manager to upgrade instead of being forced to upgrade certain ones, then that would have allowed for real creativity. Also a greater risk of totally messing up, but that's a lot more fun. Risk-adverse players could still have followed a Beta-tested formula to get the main event building.

DeletedUser

Tablets and their mini-Qs will give you Scrolls so batter them till you're blue in the face. With practice you can hold a Q or 2 back in certain Events. As stated though with this E, Q60 is final day release.

Bob2965

Private
Lesson learned; never move up an age just before an event.
All buildings need to be researched before they can be built.
Recruitment issues because you don’t have buildings yet.
Even a medium army is too advanced to beat once their reinforcements hit you.
Negotiations impossible as you don’t have the materials asked for and no one seems to be trading for them.
Even with these problems I was progressing slowly, then hit a brick wall. An army that I could not beat, a puzzle that I couldn’t even try. Event ruined.

Negotiations impossible as you don’t have the materials asked for and no one seems to be trading for them.
Even with these problems I was progressing slowly, then hit a brick wall. An army that I could not beat, a puzzle that I couldn’t even try. Event ruined.
Yes an important lesson :)
But the event isn't over, theres still 14 days to go. Plenty of time to research military buildings or trade for the goods, ask in your guild to see if anyone can help you.

Dead-Eye

General
Well it really is only a blimp though it will look nice in my city once I place it. In the mean timd do as Cursed suggested. You may not get a full sized blimp but thats OK as upgrades will be available in about a year. I would also suggest gettin ready for the next event so you can get a way cool Ben Hur track.

I would also suggest googling so you dont end up on the internet moaning bout an event that aint half done.

syjytg

Master Corporal

It is known that quests depends on current age when the quest appears for you so why did you move up?