• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.02 Discussion

DeletedUser

Quite possible they had that meaning in mind then, when they came up with the name... but unfortunately, it has the other meaning too, so yes, still unsuitable :(

DeletedUser

I have had a few words around, and the name is just a name. While at first i also thought it was unsuitable, it was brought to my attention that on all markets there is no issue, as it is a name, and a native Spanish speaker has assured me that it is fine (Google Translate isn't perfect).

I have been notified that "Jodido = really badass, tough". Where as a similar name to that is something less suitable.

DeletedUser9168

if that is what google translate gives as it's meaning, whether 100% correct or not, that is what people are going to read if they look it up, so that is no excuse to continue its use, now that the developers have had their attention drawn to the fact.
If it is likely to cause offence, knowingly or unknowingly, it should not be used.

DeletedUser17496

Improved unit AI: activated for all pvp fights and the campaign map for the late middle age and industrial age bonus content.

Does this mean our cities defending armies will have an improved AI at last?

DeletedUser1983

I have had a few words around, and the name is just a name. While at first i also thought it was unsuitable, it was brought to my attention that on all markets there is no issue, as it is a name, and a native Spanish speaker has assured me that it is fine (Google Translate isn't perfect).

I have been notified that "Jodido = really badass, tough". Where as a similar name to that is something less suitable.

So basically you are saying that if I addressed you or Blacksmith or any other mod on this forum with Jodido, none of you will issue me infractions or ban me from the forums, is it? And if that is the case, the F word is also used in multiple ways, which means this community should be okay with that word being used in this forum. If this is allowed, I can come up with dozens of similar offensive words that have a "badass" meaning in one region and a really offensive meaning in another. Are we allowing a new trend of proliferation of foul language on this forum?

DeletedUser

So basically you are saying that if I addressed you or Blacksmith or any other mod on this forum with Jodido, none of you will issue me infractions or ban me from the forums, is it? And if that is the case, the F word is also used in multiple ways, which means this community should be okay with that word being used in this forum. If this is allowed, I can come up with dozens of similar offensive words that have a "badass" meaning in one region and a really offensive meaning in another. Are we allowing a new trend of proliferation of foul language on this forum?

I believe there names on this forum are Blacksmith, Archangel Snail, etc. etc., Not Jodido.

Jodido is used as a name in the game, not used towards any one person on a personal level. So using that here, which would be used as non-English, would perhaps lead to a warning, or not. The intentions of the name are as Archangel pointed out, but maybe they will still think about it, and change it to something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1983

I believe there names on this forum are Blacksmith, Archangel Snail, ect. ect., Not Jodido.

Jodido is used as a name in the game, not used towards any one person on a personal level. So using that here, which would be used as non-English, would perhaps lead to a warning, or not. The intentions of the name are as Archangel pointed out, but maybe they will still think about it, and change it to something else.

Lol, let's not try to save the skin of developers for their mistake. If non-English words are not allowed in-game or on the forum, the game/developers shouldn't use them either. And besides, it was mentioned that Jodido is a title.. So if I say Jodido Blacksmith, or Jodido Herluth, it should be okay, right?

Please admit that this word is offensive to certain regions and should be changed to something else so that we can all move on. There is no point in discussing what we all know is wrong.

ect. ect.

It is actually "etc. etc."

DeletedUser3157

Improved unit AI: activated for all pvp fights and the campaign map for the late middle age and industrial age bonus content.

Does this mean our cities defending armies will have an improved AI at last?

Vastly. Enough to make this thread explode into 30+ pages in couple of days in massive whinefest. Assuming ofc it includes the full latest smart AI they been working on. But it might not, yet.

DeletedUser

C'mon guys, one little word has more protagonism than our new changelog. Let's focus our minds in the discussion please.
I'm a native spanish speaker, and this word isnt ofensive at all. It's a question of context. In Spain we've a rich vocabulary of swear words and vulgarities aka slang – ranging from one-word cusses to full-sentence chants like. When speaking to a typical Spanish man, it’s almost strange not to hear a full sentence with anything erm… crude. 'Se me olvidó mi pistola... ¡Estoy jodido!' (translation) I've forgotten my pistol... I'm screwed!
Like 'jodido'. It's all a question of context, and here is perfectly adequate. 'Jodido' Gonzalez here its a name, and means really badass and tough! Just look at him, fat, dirty, mean looking, sombrero, big mustache, ammunition belts wrapped around the body, probably smelly, doesn't have a face of making friends. Completely outlaw, and for that he has the perfect name. Anyway, Spanish speaking people should have reasons to complain, and they don't... and why should they? Reasons explained... The evil is only in the mind of the beholder.

Can we go back to the changelog again? ;)

DeletedUser9070

Just wanted to quickly point out that this is the english version of the game and in english "Jodido" doesn't mean anything but can be used as a name so I don't see the problem, there is a spanish version so may be they'd have to rename the guy over there but here? I think its fine.

DeletedUser2029

C'mon guys, one little word has more protagonism than our new changelog. Let's focus our minds in the discussion please.
I'm a native spanish speaker, and this word isnt ofensive at all. It's a question of context. In Spain we've a rich vocabulary of swear words and vulgarities aka slang – ranging from one-word cusses to full-sentence chants like ‘me cago en todo lo que se menea!‘. When speaking to a typical Spanish man, it’s almost strange not to hear a full sentence with anything erm… crude. 'Se me olvidó mi pistola... ¡Estoy jodido!' (translation) I've forgotten my pistol... I'm screwed!
Like 'jodido', don't mistake with 'joder' the F word. It's all a question of context, and here is perfectly adequate. 'Jodido' Gonzalez here its a name, and means really badass and tough! Just look at him, fat, dirty, mean looking, sombrero, big mustache, ammunition belts wrapped around the body, probably smelly, doesn't have a face of making friends. Completely outlaw, and for that he has the perfect name. Anyway, Spanish speaking people should have reasons to complain, and they don't... and why should they? Reasons explained... The evil only in the mind of the beholder.

Can we go back to the changelog again? ;)[/FONT]

wow, cultural relativism as an excuse for lack of manners,....nice!

perhaps this situation can be saved if Inno keeps Jodido as a nickname, but gives our beloved hero a proper (and very popular) mexican (spanish) name. I think that Jesus "Jodido" Gonzalez would be awesome!

DeletedUser

Lol, let's not try to save the skin of developers for their mistake. If non-English words are not allowed in-game or on the forum, the game/developers shouldn't use them either. And besides, it was mentioned that Jodido is a title.. So if I say Jodido Blacksmith, or Jodido Herluth, it should be okay, right?

Please admit that this word is offensive to certain regions and should be changed to something else so that we can all move on. There is no point in discussing what we all know is wrong.

It is a name, nothing else. It was brought up to the developers, and at this time they are not changing it as far as what we were told by Archangel in an earlier post.

Also, if this game was made to stay strictly English only, the map, and buildings would have to stay English only. This game shows a lot of the history of the world, from Stone Age, to so far, Industrial Age. With this, a lot of the world is shown in the game. If they named a character from what we know as Mexico Frank Smith, I would not like it. So the, "Keep the game English only." argument is not a good one, because this server is English only, but the game is International.

Also, I just woke up, so sorry for the small error on Ect, Etc. Hard to please everyone.

I'm a native spanish speaker, and this word isnt ofensive at all. It's a question of context. In Spain we've a rich vocabulary of swear words and vulgarities aka slang – ranging from one-word cusses to full-sentence chants like ‘me cago en todo lo que se menea!‘. When speaking to a typical Spanish man, it’s almost strange not to hear a full sentence with anything erm… crude. 'Se me olvidó mi pistola... ¡Estoy jodido!' (translation) I've forgotten my pistol... I'm screwed!
Like 'jodido', don't mistake with 'joder' the F word. It's all a question of context, and here is perfectly adequate. 'Jodido' Gonzalez here its a name, and means really badass and tough! Just look at him, fat, dirty, mean looking, sombrero, big mustache, ammunition belts wrapped around the body, probably smelly, doesn't have a face of making friends. Completely outlaw, and for that he has the perfect name. Anyway, Spanish speaking people should have reasons to complain, and they don't... and why should they? Reasons explained... The evil only in the mind of the beholder.

Can we go back to the changelog again? ;)

Thank you for this post, and especially this part
The evil is only in the mind of the beholder.

DeletedUser

Whoever said that the evil is only in the mind of the beholder is correct.

I remember going for a walk with my elderly mother in Germany. We spoke no German. My mother slipped on some snow and landed on her behind, but twisted her ankle in the process and said something like: "Oh my foot . . so hurts" but the Germans around started laughing. Eventually I googled to find out why they laughed instead of running to help an old woman up.

So even though the evil was in the minds of the beholder, it was not a comfortable situation to be in.

DeletedUser17220

Vastly. Enough to make this thread explode into 30+ pages in couple of days in massive whinefest. Assuming ofc it includes the full latest smart AI they been working on. But it might not, yet.

i have a bad feeling about this...
why activate the improved AI for LMA only? i wish i conquered those earlier.. (i waited because i finally convinced myself to be patient with the game otherwise the quests will be messed up again...

DeletedUser

i have a bad feeling about this...
why activate the improved AI for LMA only?

It's not activated for regular LMA provinces. It is and will be activated for all BONUS content (currently LMA and InA).

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Should be interesting, new maps are always good : ) I predict that most people will like the new advanced AI a lot less than they think they will, especially when it comes over to the PvP side of things.

As for the Jodido thing, I would change that if I was Innogames, but that's just me. It doesn't bother me personally, but if you can't see how that could offend someone, you're just not looking hard enough. This game has a worldwide audience, definitely worth the ten seconds it would take to change it.