• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #40 2018-02-05 (or thereabouts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwateguy

Major-General
Is it worth having a monastary when no one attacks you!? :)

Are you asking if it's worth getting / trying for one? Or putting one you already have out in your city? Or keeping one that's already out in your city?

I'd say "Yes" to all those questions. If you have one, you could store it and see if you become someone's target.

DeletedUser110914

If anyone's on Houndsmoore add me :) Also, anyone on houndsmoor that has a dynamic tower that I can chip in (with a FP swap or something)

DeletedUser110914

The only time I attack people, repeatedly, is if they have no defense at all. I mean, if you're past LMA you got to know and understand the game and know how to put up a proper army to protect your city

DeletedUser111866

Hum, my hood today is nice, only 2 people ever attacked me, all retreats XD I don't know why do they repeat attacks if they retreated last time.

Iwateguy

Major-General
only 2 people ever attacked me, all retreats XD I don't know why do they repeat attacks if they retreated last time.

I have a few neighbours like that. I suppose they just find it easier to attack one city after another (and retreat when necessary) rather than try to keep track of who has defenders and who doesn't.

DeletedUser110179

Incidents - 5fp.jpg

DeletedUser111589

Watchfires and ritual flames are much better than monastery. Monastery being 3x3 building and giving just 20% defense is much lower than 36% of 9 watchfires

AussieAlex

Overlord
I’m happy to have the monastery space taken up until I get my defence GBs high enough to carry cover the 20% it gives me.

DeletedUser110179

I have a friend who consistently tells me I should put the monastery up for defence.
She believes it's a quick fix better than any other defence building (other than levelled GB)
I'ld rather have a 10% attack than a 20% defense boost ... quite frankly, I don't put up any defence GB/SB if I can avoid it (it sends the wrong message).

Occasionally, you have a very large neighbour (who'll defeat your city defense any which way) but I rather have a large attack boost so that would-be assailants know that their city isn't safe from retaliation (MAD).
You can't really retaliate against thieves that maintain a 24/7 city defense shield ... but even they aren't beyond the reach of the long-arm of the FoE community ... maybe even on a different world.

That said, I found @ Gotchya Haha's comment about building up in Bronze Age before moving up, quite refreshing
(some people want the benefits of being grown-up without actually, growing up).
Better a tiger in Bronze age than a goat in Colonial age ... but nobody can escape their 15 minutes of weakness.

Gotchya Haha.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.