• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #38 2018-01-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Legend
I know right. It's like the game developed obsessive compulsive disorder for making sure it's even numbers

BTW has anyone noticed when negotiating that if you're down to your last round and you can't logically narrow it down to the exact good it is your best bet is going with whatever already has been locked in multiple times that encounter?

DeletedUser111866

BTW has anyone noticed when negotiating that if you're down to your last round and you can't logically narrow it down to the exact good it is your best bet is going with whatever already has been locked in multiple times that encounter?
No, this is probably a coincidence, and anyway sometimes you are left with several 50/50 choices, some probably even independent. I have found last time that I had to use the good that's been "correct"ed in the first round to fill the remaining spots with 1 alternative (there were 2 encounters like that, each interlocked thus 33% to guess right, both were with that good on both spots, and I won both of them), but still it can be just a statistical fluke.

DeletedUser96901

only 3rd of in GE :(

ge.jpg

AussieAlex

Overlord
I had watched one player’s YouTube video on negotiating in GE. In this case he suggested choosing the good you have the most of. It’s been very successful (but not quite 100% of the time). I’ll have to pay attention to see if that is also one that has been locked in multiple times.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111866

I had watched one player’s YouTube video on negotiating in GE. In this case he suggested choosing the good you have the most of.
While this is worth it, that player was pretty picky with what he was displaying as examples to negotiate. Still he has some valid points about picking resources, but when you have only 15m to do your negotiations, you should take copmromise on what conditions to analyze and what to ignore. Say, I just run goods listing first->rightwards to place at first turn just because it's quicker, and to compensate, I run trades in the background designed to fill the need and maintain stocks of every good I might need while negotiating.
only 3rd of in GE :(
Well, good competition is part of fun. We have been playing bad (but I'm in an academy guild, so this is expected) and average 38% these days, today we ended up 5th, while normally get third place. Also do you know if a guild reaches 133.3%, will it ever be knocked off #1 if their rival will later reach 133.3%?

DeletedUser

I don't think so, I think that whoever gets there first gets the first place.

DeletedUser111866

You probably have compared to local first ranked guilds this week. Meowwww, maybe I should try requesting advance, or search for GE-related guilds instead. This one seems to be GvG-oriented more than GE.

AussieAlex

Overlord
After saying a few days ago that in the FBowl quest I couldn’t hope to negotiate 3 sectors on the Continent Map, with the change of neighbourhoods today I’ve already had two trades accepted! Two sectors down. Gives me hope for the third, and being able to continue collecting FB quest footballs.

DeletedUser104719

That is impressive GE involvement; I'd guess well managed guilds, with people leaving while on holiday etc.

On negotiating; humans are intuitively very bad at dealing with random chance. We evolved to find patterns; it's why we have these big brains, and we don't like a lack of pattern.
Lacking other info (previous yellows) each space should be looked at independent of others. Other locked goods have NO bearing on un-solved spaces; put in whatever you have most of / would rather waste (Murphy's law; always assume you'll be wrong ;)).
As a result, I will always put in stuff I've previously locked, because THAT time I did the same, and chose my most plentiful resource :)

Status
Not open for further replies.