• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #17 2017-08-28

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time I did another cleanup, too.
My friends on beta are very active (as are my neighbours, unfortunately) and it highlights the slowness on live servers.

vikingraider

Emperor
I hope no neighbour in particular.... I've just used the tip to aid from the filters on event history and it surprised me who hadn't aided in a week. Some I thought were mad keen players. Some however, even though inactive, we're my holy grail. GB self levellers who nobody else has found yet.

I hope no neighbour in particular....
Hah!

I've just used the tip to aid from the filters on event history and it surprised me who hadn't aided in a week. Some I thought were mad keen players. Some however, even though inactive, we're my holy grail. GB self levellers who nobody else has found yet.
Oh yes, those goldmines of self-levellers. Grab all you can while you can. In my experience, they only go a few weeks, at best, before being discovered by hordes of other players, or they suddenly move into a guild with active swap rings and start taking part.

I assume these people come about from just getting too busy in real life to do more than log in, slap accumulated FPs on a GB - often, any of their GBs, without strategy - and log out again. Sometime later, work or whatever was tying them up relaxes and back into the game they come.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110179

apple_PNG12448 300px.png

DeletedUser110195

Urgh...flippin wasp snuck up on me and stung me. Little bastard was crawling up my leg, I felt it, when I reached down to grab whatever it was...Ha! Take that human! To which I replied Ha! Get crushed bug!

It still hurt like a bastard for a good 5 minutes.

DeletedUser110195

I'd just run warm water over it, that did the trick.

Usually stingy, bitey bugs don't get a chance to do this, but this one was trained in guerilla warfare, I think he could've shown the ninja spiders who drop down in front of my face a thing or two.

DeletedUser110195

In previous years it's been stinkbugs here, the gnats, conveniently, stick to the plastic grocery bag I use for garbage, which makes it easy to get rid of them, just hold it closed, tie it and toss it, with them inside.

DeletedUser108047

try bush flies -- no sting but persistently in your face for days.... and when you get rid of one or two...there's another million blowing in from the Outback

DeletedUser110195

Well naturally pests from pretty much anywhere else come in at least just 2nd, if not a distant 3rd, 4th or not even on the map, compared to what you Aussies have to deal with. I occasionally see the war between one of your fellow countrymen against an infestation of redbacks....I'd be nervous as hell if I had black widows infesting the place I live in....the occasional wolf spider is bad enough.

Totally agree, there. As much as I would like Britain to have an even warmer climate, at least our hot/cold switching about limits the bugs we have here. Not that I would have said so the other day, when facing-off with the spider who was claiming occupancy of my bath.

DeletedUser110195

I get spiders in there too, but they're the kind that hunts other spiders and can't harm people. Usually I just grab them by the legs and let them go on the floor, but sometimes I get annoyed at the frequency they occupy the sink or shower and I start a mini-purge.

I have a house-mate allergic to spiders, so they have to be tried and executed (the sentence is always 'guilty' but the trial still goes ahead..).

I've been told that Britain has a spider with the most poisonous venom of all. Fortunately, they don't have much of it and, anyway, don't have the ability to get to inject humans. That could be a load of rubbish and if I weren't about to grumble on the beta forum, Id look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.