• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #17 2017-08-28

Status
Not open for further replies.

scibuff

Sergeant
I naively focused on getting SoKs but I think palaces are a better deal (the first palace set takes 8x4 to produce 6 FPs and while you could have 8 SoKs in the same area, all other palaces needs just 6x4 to get 6 FPs plus you get supplies and goods unlike SoKs). I wished I knew better back then

DeletedUser111510

Pretty happy here with 2 full Palace sets and a full fountain set.

DeletedUser108047

3 fountains (combined) and 2 palaces (combined) and two cherry garden sets has made a huge difference to my city

DeletedUser110195

At least, not for as far as anyone could see, it wasn't. With this competition and of course, the daily challenges that are supposed to have a chance of giving such things, their value suddenly spikes upward.

DeletedUser111510

I hate to think how many partial sets/single pieces of Cherry Garden, Palace & Fountains I deleted thinking they weren't worth keeping unless they were a full set. :(

And mow you can start building a full set.

Only its not that easy. I have completed 14 Daily Challenges on beta and haven't had a sniff of a set building. At this rate, maybe I'll add another set before next Summer's `evenr!

DeletedUser108047

I learnt the hard way... never throw anything away that is a special building from an event as they get recycled....tree of love, graveyards, cider presses, etc etc... there is always the potential for an upgrade next year

DeletedUser110179

And now you can start building a full set.

Only its not that easy. I have completed 14 Daily Challenges on beta and haven't had a sniff of a set building. At this rate, maybe I'll add another set before next Summer's event!
Even if you can't complete a Cherry Garden or Indian Palace set ... those pieces will give you a head start next year
(FoE is a longterm operation ... even if you don't cultivate farming cities).

I may have a complete Fountain set in storage ... which I can build when I need more attack boost ... although I'ld prefer 2 Cherry Gardens.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Major-General
Even if you can't complete a Cherry Garden or Indian Palace set ... those pieces will give you a head start next year.
You don't need to wait until next year, what I think Prinza is inferring is that you can now pick up those missing pieces from the Daily Challenge Chests.

DeletedUser110179

You don't need to wait until next year, what I think Prinza is inferring is that you can now pick up those missing pieces from the Daily Challenge Chests.
Daily Challenge Chests ... Mmmm ... looks like fun.

dailychallenge1.png

Being on Beta certainly does give you a headstart on whot's hot and whot's not.

DeletedUser110179

It certainly reminded me to refresh my Friends' list and weed out those that rarely visit (or more pertinently, rarely emptied their own Tavern).
How do you know .

I make a list of all friends without a guild (and make a note of my or somebody's placing on the table) ... then see if anything has changed after a few days.
In this way I can root out 10 or so inactive friends in a batch until it creeps back to 141.

I'm sure there are many more semi-actives ... or even entire mini-guilds that have gone defunct ... but I've never done a absolute culling to reach 80 friends to send out new invites (although I have had 1 or 2 multi-million point player send me an invite).

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Major-General
How do you know .
It's infinitely easier to do on the Browser version than the App! You just go to the event history in the Town Hall and use the Friends' filter option. I wait until such time as I can Aid all my Friends and then, from the event history and Friends' filter, Aid all those that feature. This normally goes back c. 6 days. I then go to the bottom of the browser window and look at all my Friends. Those Friends that I still have not Aided, obviously have not Aided me in the past week. I do a final check on their Profile just to make sure that they're not stating that they are on vacation and, if not, they get the boot!

DeletedUser111510

I did that 2 or 3 weeks ago. I now have to collect my tavern silver probably 3 times a day now. Heaps better.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I did that 2 or 3 weeks ago. I now have to collect my tavern silver probably 3 times a day now. Heaps better.
Indeed! I now vary between 120-140 Friends who all visit very frequently and similarly have to empty the Tavern several times a day. Currently almost about to hit 1 Million Tavern Silver!

Status
Not open for further replies.