• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

DeletedUser105078

I can't understand the dev's perspective...

What was the purpose of mot/pol, originally? I would have thought it was to encourage social interaction in the game.

Does the Aid button encourage social interaction? IMO it does not, clicking a button next to a name without reading that person's message or visiting their city is completely impersonal.

Or did they create the Aid button as a way to get rid of decorations? Maybe decos take up more bandwidth or something, and the devs have decided they were a bad idea but don't want to alienate half the players by suddenly removing them... so they create an incentive for players to remove their own. Subtle move...

DeletedUser99588

I think the advantage to Inno is your not visiting the players cities so will not experience possible difficulties with the hardware accelerator that can no longer be turned of. By doing this they have been able to remove the old graphics engine code which I presume is an advantage by reducing overhead.

For some H/A will work well and for others not so good. All in all it could be excellent but in Inno's usual way the implementation of it all has been poor.

DeletedUser1094

If your PC/device graphics-card does not support HA, it will automatically be switch off. Meaning, that the old graphic-codings are still present.

Here's an example of me using an old PC, which run FoE without problems :

1.40.27659 (25.11.2014 17:11), King Dael (62476), en10, en_US, LNX 12,0,0,41, Linux, Chrome/32.0.1700.102, 1855x994, Software Hw_disabled=unavailable (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser99588

If your PC/device graphics-card does not support HA, it will automatically be switch off. Meaning, that the old graphic-codings are still present.

Here's an example of me using an old PC, which run FoE without problems :

1.40.27659 (25.11.2014 17:11), King Dael (62476), en10, en_US, LNX 12,0,0,41, Linux, Chrome/32.0.1700.102, 1855x994, Software Hw_disabled=unavailable (336 MB VRAM)

Then I do not understand why they have removed the manual option to turn it off.

Also just noticed Starzaan or another moderator has edited his post #163 where he made the cryptic announcement. Not impressed with whoever did it considering it was a formal announcement from a moderator and was consequently discussed. I guess it could be worse and all the posts after deleted as well which has happened.

DeletedUser1081

Or did they create the Aid button as a way to get rid of decorations? Maybe decos take up more bandwidth or something, and the devs have decided they were a bad idea but don't want to alienate half the players by suddenly removing them... so they create an incentive for players to remove their own.

I have a half-baked suspicion (based on a developer's statement that I may not have understood right) that having a lot of stuff from past eras in our cities can contribute a lot to lag/drag/whatever to call it - but this "aid" thing pressures us to eliminate newer decorations first, so ... [scratching head] ... :confused:

Can the fearless Kimba and/or Tracey please ask the design/development team why they no longer want us to have decorations, especially recent decorations? Some of us would find it much easier to accept this change if we were given a sensible explanation for it. (Again: I'm not asking for speculation from players/mods; I'm asking for a sensible explanation from the design/development team, please and thank you kindly.)

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I think you are looking for sense where none exists, mink. Past updates have repeatedly proven that the developers have no clue about the effects their changes have, and I think this is no exception.

I have found that there is still a way for me to get the same benefits I used to before this feature was introduced - I have stopped collecting coins. For the past few hours I have left my coins uncollected, waiting for my supplies to be motivated at last. So, the effect of the change is that now I have to spend less time playing to get better results? Did anyone expect that?

DeletedUser1081

I think you are looking for sense where none exists, mink. Past updates have repeatedly proven that the developers have no clue about the effects their changes have, and I think this is no exception.

I'd be satisfied to hear from a CoMa or CoCoMa that the design/development team didn't realize we'd feel driven to eliminate decorations en masse. So far we've only heard speculation.

DeletedUser

I have not been led to believe that there is any desire for players to remove decorations. The aid function is more designed for those who might not visit usually. So if people do want their buildings polished and motivated, then we can all still ask our guild or friends to visit as they used to and manually do this. I have not heard of any intention to remove manual motivate and polish so this will continue to be an option.

I would also add that the main issues noted throughout this thread have now been passed onto the LCM to discuss with the game designers. I will comment if I hear more back regarding those.

DeletedUser1081

I have not been led to believe that there is any desire for players to remove decorations. The aid function is more designed for those who might not visit usually.

In other words the design/development team somehow overlooked the fact that there are effects on the receiving end of this "aid" gizmo, and that those effects need to be considered? As I said earlier: That's seriously sorry-making.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

Can the fearless Kimba and/or Tracey please ask the design/development team why they no longer want us to have decorations, especially recent decorations? Some of us would find it much easier to accept this change if we were given a sensible explanation for it. (Again: I'm not asking for speculation from players/mods; I'm asking for a sensible explanation from the design/development team, please and thank you kindly.)

I think you're banging your head of a brick wall, the usual silence is deafening (not the mods fault in any way)

DeletedUser

I am passing back the feedback that is recurring in this thread, and I will continue to do so, I can see the benefit of some points raised here so I will keep pushing them for you.

DeletedUser5180

I am passing back the feedback that is recurring in this thread, and I will continue to do so, I can see the benefit of some points raised here so I will keep pushing them for you.

thanks Kimba, we all realise that you and the other Forum Mods do your very best for us and give up your game and RL time to make this forum possible. I personally think its rather unfair the way the dev team leave you folks to deal with all the chaos they create.

DeletedUser12400

I really enjoy the aid feature however its really annoying if your decorations are polished therefore i want to suggest to add decoration toggle in settings.
settings.png

DeletedUser15526

lucky for me i havnt got any decos in my city, i crammed my 1 x 1 spces with watchfires, then got slightly carried away with it,lol

some players do enjoy making their cities pleasing to the eye, so +1 from me to overtypes idea above.

time will tell if they make any changes to the format of the aid button and if they will be good or not.

DeletedUser99588

The feature is perfect as it is. Please do not change it.

Really? Including the fact it rewards you for not polivating? Very strange opinion.

DeletedUser98465

I have not been led to believe that there is any desire for players to remove decorations. The aid function is more designed for those who might not visit usually.

And therein lies the rub. I've seen about 4-5 posts so far in this thread alone where people have stated they are removing decorations, they may not want to but they are having to; I've done it myself and I really have no care for the feature either way, but it has been poorly implemented. Secondly, it may not have also been a desire that the developers wanted players to do that also, but with great lack of foresight, lack of listening to people or actually using the beta server for what it is whole intention is for, then they are. Perhaps some of the management team need to drop a few letters from the ceiling in the offices that spells out the word BETA..just to ram it home.

The additional issue is that actually, there are probably more people now using 'aid' because it's easy, and before they were forced to visit but just saw it as a chore.

Honestly, and this is far from aimed at anyone here on this board, mods CM's etc, but I do seriously sometimes wonder if people in Inno are on the same page as everyone else, or is it just they are on far too much caffeine infused drinks that what emanates from that side of the world is 50% sense, 50% nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator: