• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood programming is pathetic

DeletedUser99588

There is of course a Catch22 situation with that - with me currently 80th in my hood the only way I will be able to defend myself properly (and have any chance of being active) is to improve my military capabilities by way of research, that very action therefore condemns me to perpetual doom and gloom !!

Don't worry about being able to defend yourself just get the best troops you can and attack daily as many players as you are able to beat. Keep doing this every day and your position will improve in the hood. For those that you can't beat mot/pol them. Your neighbours are a valuable resource which should be used. Your position in the hood is no excuse for not being active.

DeletedUser

I don't see a problem here. The ability to hurt other players is so weak in this game. Try playing grepolis or tribal wars.

I agree, I have had players attack me and plunder me and I didn't even notice. 3 years of Travian where you lose whole villages and have to rebuild regularly, well, this is a nice little game. LOL

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
kelsdomain
hezzlewood
Stang3x
Bubamara
pprimoz
Jason of Argos
Lady-Maggy
LowRyder

Following up on this, after two weeks without ever being visible, all the above players have left my neighborhood. Three more, named tackywacky, Silver-fish and fergs121, became inactive over that time, and are no longer neighbors either. I have gained one new active neighbor and five new inactive ones, most of whom are guildless and appear to have been inactive for a while.

DeletedUser104842

Fully Fully Agree. Can the game makers resolve this serious problem like yesterday?

DeletedUser102925

Today I wake up to a red event history, a bunch of breached defenses and some plunders. I guessed it immediately; we saw another reshuffle, and boy did I draw the short straw. From going through a week of intense fun tower-competition into being the second to last in a new neighborhood of 90 players with the players right next to me as follow:

#85 - 91k
#84 - 143k <- Humble me!
#83 - 155k
#82 - 379k
#81 - 572k
#5 - 6,4M
#4 - 6,6M
#3 - 6,9M
#2 - 7,4M
#1 - 7,9M

...now what I am supposed to do?

Regardless of my complaints and reasons why I personally believe this is a bad idea, does this algorithm look worthy of being live still, after months of people pointing at it? If you spend money on a game, you do expect a little refinement. Please InnoGames, consider changing this.

DeletedUser2989

May I ask what tech level spread you are seeing? (unfortunately I can not tell from the scores) If the players at the bottom of the neighborhood are more than 3 ages below the top/most advanced neighbor then it is advised that you send in a ticket. If all of the neighborhood is within a 3 age "bracket" (an example: if the most advanced person is in the CE then the least advanced should not be lower than PE) then the reshuffle system has worked as it was planned.

Of course it'd also be good to know if there is a significant difference in attack/defense buffs amongst the neighbors, it's currently not considered by the shuffling program but it'd still be interesting to know.

DeletedUser103478

May I ask what tech level spread you are seeing? (unfortunately I can not tell from the scores) If the players at the bottom of the neighborhood are more than 3 ages below the top/most advanced neighbor then it is advised that you send in a ticket. If all of the neighborhood is within a 3 age "bracket" (an example: if the most advanced person is in the CE then the least advanced should not be lower than PE) then the reshuffle system has worked as it was planned.

Of course it'd also be good to know if there is a significant difference in attack/defense buffs amongst the neighbors, it's currently not considered by the shuffling program but it'd still be interesting to know.

it is pointless opening a ticket, if you go back to some old posts in this thread, i was 4 ages behind those and opened a ticket and just got told to get on with it and that it will sort its self out in a few days, a month later i was still in the same hood with players 4 ages above me, so that is a waste of time and effort and seriously changed the opinion of the game for me, and still to this day every 2 weeks on the monday i dread to see what rubbish has happen in the merge.

Im lucky its not happened again, but i know it will, its just a matter of time..........

just disconnect your roads and just polish motivate for some advanced blue prints while you are there, forget about progressing in the game unless you can collect your goods the SECOND they are due to be collected other wise its a waste of time, also remove all your army so they dont earn points for beating your weak army up with tanks.... that will annoy them to hell as they cant earn medals for laughing at your troops while they one hit every thing and you tickle them with your stones.

Good luck Metaplayer, i do feel sorry for the situation your in as i have been there and know what it feels like

DeletedUser7719

If you're 4 ages below, you are below the Industrial age, so your un-plunderable GBs and wishing wells should still be producing current age goods :o

DeletedUser100832

Sorry to bump this cause I'm sure most folk have had their fill of discussing it but after months of stating that I had never ever been near the top of a hood two weeks ago I suddenly found myself 5th in one !! It was utter bliss, medals galore, points galore and no need to set collection times as not one person even attacked me let alone plundered me (I didn't plunder once fwiw)

Because of this I took the 'advice' of folk on here - "you're going to fast !" etc - so I didn't put any Forge points into advancing through the tech tree and put them all into GBs instead, sure fire way to ensure this is how life will be from now on !

The result !? This morning I find that I've moved hoods again - 85th this time - doom and gloom, collections times set etc - back to putting Forge points into tech to give a chance of gaining units to fight folk off.

Thanks for that two weeks though Oh Great Gods of Forge, probably never to be repeated - oh how the other half live :(

the 'moving too fast' thing is bull. I've moved through tech up to the very end of LMA as fast as I could (I think it was only in LMA that even started thinking about GB's), and I've nearly always been in the top ten of my hood (maybe excluding a few weeks at the end of last year).

DeletedUser5180

the merge seems to have worked in my hood, i've been at either rank 1 or 2 for ages and sitting on 6.85million, the lowest rank is on 0.5million which seems a huge gap, i'm in CE (obviously only a few days) and the lowest rank is in PME so the whole hood is within one era. this means on the battlefield the whole hood can compete with each other, depending on gb levels, which is how the game should be

DeletedUser102925

This is the age distribution in my neighborhood:

3 Industrial Age
0 Progressive Era
0 Modern Era
82 Postmodern Era & Contemporary Era

This means, not only am I out of bound for that 3 age-bracket model you suggest, but we are just three people sharing a tech which is 3 levels below all the other 82 cities.

I did create a ticket for this which I am waiting to be resolved.

EDIT: Typo

DeletedUser5180

This is the age distribution in my neighborhood:

3 Industrial Age
0 Progressive Era
0 Modern Era
82 Postmodern Era & Contemporary Era

This means, not only am I out of bound for that 3 age-bracket model you suggest, but we are just three people sharing a tech which is 3 levels below all the other 82 cities.

I did create a ticket for this which I am waiting to be resolved.

EDIT: Typo

It seems the merging in your hood has almost worked, unfortunately for the 3 of you it's not worked perfectly. There should be a kind of backup system in place where support can manually move a player. Many hoods may be like yours where the few unfortunates could be plucked out and put into a manually created hood instantly. If its not addressed and sorted many players will eventually leave which is a shame

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
After the latest merge, we've ended up with half a dozen bronze age villages alongside all us CE megacities. I'm just giving them a daily mot/pot. No point in plundering them - might as well help them to build up so they become better victims in the future :P

DeletedUser7719

After the latest merge, we've ended up with half a dozen bronze age villages alongside all us CE megacities. I'm just giving them a daily mot/pot. No point in plundering them - might as well help them to build up so they become better victims in the future :P
It is definitely more beneficial as well. Motivating a Bronze Age player will likely will result in them returning the favor which will definitely give more points (unless they polish a no-polish-needed city) than you attacking them for points

DeletedUser5180

It is definitely more beneficial as well. Motivating a Bronze Age player will likely will result in them returning the favor which will definitely give more points (unless they polish a no-polish-needed city) than you attacking them

for points

Also it's getting hard to pick up Bronze Age bps, the rewards for levels 11+ are so wonderous I'm getting desperate to unlock more levels :p

DeletedUser2989

It seems the merging in your hood has almost worked, unfortunately for the 3 of you it's not worked perfectly. There should be a kind of backup system in place where support can manually move a player. Many hoods may be like yours where the few unfortunates could be plucked out and put into a manually created hood instantly. If its not addressed and sorted many players will eventually leave which is a shame

My hood started pretty good but this last merge has added more CA/IndA players to what is a mostly PME/ME players. With some of the PME players entering CE the difference between some is getting up to 5 ages. I'm curious to see if the next merge will bring it back to a better composition but it seems there is almost always 1-3 players that are out of place.

At some point we have to accept that 100% success with each merge is unlikely, still it seems the current system isn't getting close. Hopefully with the information on the forums and via tickets (as the merges happen) can help the devs improve the system.

As for being able to manually move players, I think in the more extreme cases (like the one Praeceptor described) it is possible for CCM's/CM's to move players manually but I'm not sure how many cases can be reasonably dealt with this way. I'm also not sure what effect the whole manual movement thing would have on the program that handles the merges, which is also a good reason to keep the manual movement thing minimal.

DeletedUser

Could a Moderator give me a exact definition of the 3 ages rule.

I have seen 2 different explanations of it :

1) as 3 different ages ie EMA, HMA, and LMA
2) as 3 age difference ie EMA.HMA, LMA and CA

Also is the max number of player 80.

I have had 2 different session of being in hoods that did not meet either of the 3 ages option and the 80 max.

In 1 case I sent a ticket and basically told this was not an error and nothing would be done about it. The 2nd case I did not bother.

Also in both cases, I was attack everyday and plundered of all goods and some supplies and coins.

If it happens again, I will close down for 2 weeks and not bother playing.

Because of this problem, and the inability of Inno to make changes, I only buy enough diamonds to get me over major problems that will take a long time to overcome.

Otherwise , I will not buy diamonds to line the pockets of Inno.

DeletedUser14782

no. this argument has been going on since the stone age. literally.

DeletedUser5180

naterichster : Nothing constructive to say again. Why bother posting.

Why say this.? Naterichster has made many posts here on the forum, most are constructive and interesting and add to whatever topic is being discussed and I for one enjoy reading them. He / She has not quoted you and may be replying to another post in the thread anyway so If you don't like the post for some reason then scroll past without leaving personal comments